PDA

View Full Version : Removing Error message when using ViXBMC_1080_Confluence skin

birdman
20-11-18, 15:04
Since I've been fixing the Virtualkeyboard in the ViXBMC_1080_Confluence skin I've been looking at skin messages in the logs.
I see this "Error":

< 4871.773> [Skin] Error in screen 'Setup' widget 'widget': [Skin] {ViXBMC_1080_Confluence/skin.xml}: component with name 'HelpWindow' was not found in skin of screen 'Setup'!. Please contact the skin's author!
< 4871.774> [Skin] Error in screen 'Setup' widget 'widget': [Skin] {ViXBMC_1080_Confluence/skin.xml}: [Skin] source 'VKeyIcon' was not found in screen 'Setup'!. Please contact the skin's author!

The odd thing is that the "Setup" screen does includes these two screens:
<screen name="FullScreenHelpwindowWidget">
<widget name="HelpWindow" position="1220,750" size="541,720" backgroundColor="menubackground" transparent="0" alphatest="blend" zPosition="3" />
</screen>

<screen name="FullScreenTextButtonVKeySource">
<widget source="VKeyIcon" render="Pixmap" pixmap="buttons/key_text.png" position="900,290" size="67,48" alphatest="blend" transparent="1" zPosition="3" >
<convert type="ConditionalShowHide" />
</widget>
</screen>
I can get rid of the Error messages by changing these two to include conditional="HelpWindow" and conditional="VKeyIcon" parameters respectively (guessed from looking at the Simple_1080 code).
Is this correct, and what does it mean?

birdman
27-11-18, 02:01
Given that no-one seems to know why these are there I've submitted a PR that removes them.

https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/pull/44

norhap
28-11-18, 20:48
in what concrete setup screen does it come out?

birdman
28-11-18, 22:12
in what concrete setup screen does it come out?Open the Movielist and press Menu (to get to the Movielist menu).

However, the PR was merged 2 days ago, so you no longer get the error unless you remove the fix (as I've just discovered...).