PDA

View Full Version : Too many skins?

spanner123
18-11-18, 22:44
Most boxes do not have a vast amount of spare memory so I was just wondering why half a dozen skins are included in latest images. Can it not be just one and then the user can download any that are required?

kryton
18-11-18, 23:33
Most boxes do not have a vast amount of spare memory so I was just wondering why half a dozen skins are included in latest images. Can it not be just one and then the user can download any that are required?

Just uninstall the ones you wont use.
Some people may like a few skins included...straight out of the box kind of thing.
You can only please all of the people...some of the time ;-)

Andy_Hazza
19-11-18, 08:11

Doesn’t use much memory. If not happy just uninstall what you don’t want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spanner123
19-11-18, 10:37
I thought that would be the answer but I did uninstall all the ones I was not using and they all came back after an update. Not sure exactly when.

By the way thought I'd try the simple ten-eighty skin and it is excellent.

Trial
19-11-18, 11:08
Hi,
if you want to get more free memory delete unused languages I think in /share/enigma2/po which is around 300K per language but be aware that they reappear in all updates.

ciao

birdman
19-11-18, 18:05
Hi,
if you want to get more free memory delete unused languages I think in /share/enigma2/po which is around 300K per languageThat frees storage, not memory.

Trial
20-11-18, 09:45
Hi,
thats what I meant and storage is the problem on smaller boxes and even already on my Solo2s with 256MB.

ciao