PDA

View Full Version : Inching closer to getting the Vu+ setup for the first time

edanto
02-02-11, 01:21
I'm a new owner and trying to figure things out.

Basically I'd like a bouquet with the FTA channels, which gets rid of all the dead channels and makes it easier to browse.

From my reading here, I was trying to install Silverfoxes latest bouquet through DBE. I have DBE up and running and connected to my Vu+ Duo.

I've downloaded the latest bouquets from this link
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3971-Silverfox0786-28.2E-Enigma-II-HD-Settings-and-Picons/page2

But at that point I didn't really know how to get it onto my Vu+. I used DBE to open the folder of files that unpacked out of Silverfox0786 E2 HD 28.2E [20.01.2011].rar

And then took a chance on FTP | Send files to dreambox. That seemed to work OK, in that I got plenty of 'transferred' messages and then the connection was broken off. No errors.

I didn't know what to do with the folder that unpacked from Enigma 2 HD Licher Picons Fixed by Silverfox0786 [20.01.2011].rar

When I rebooted my Vu+, nothing had changed. Still had the same list of over a 1000 channels, all chaotic. What's the next step, please?

judge
02-02-11, 01:53
Press the TV button, then blue for changing bouquets & pick the one you want.

pooface
02-02-11, 10:19
I've never been able to get the channels to stay after just transferring them with dbe. You're meant to press the "restart enigma" option after transferring, but in my version of dbe, it doesn't work (using an older version that was ported for mac).

Anyway, what I do that always works...

Open channel list in dbe, transfer it over. Telnet in to the box, and then issue the command:

killall -9 enigma2

That will restart the enigma2, and save the new changes you gave it... Otherwise, when you restart, enigma2 writes the current config over to the top of the files you transferred...

sivhead
02-02-11, 11:09
make sure your using DBedit 4.0.1.2,
Select Tools > Options
Create a new profile called Vuplus enter the ip address
make sure the username and password matches up to what image you have installed on your box for pli its
root and dreambox
for Vix
root and (blank) no pasword
make sure that enigma2 is set it for file path
setup your boquets and picons.
Click FTP and make sure that the option for "Auto Reload Settings for Enigma2" is ticked.
It should all go on without errors.
Once tested on the vu duo perform a reboot for good measure.

edanto
03-02-11, 01:20
That's a great help guys thanks. The main problem was just me not realising how to select the new bouquet when the box was rebooted. Simple, but that's all!

I'm really enjoying watching these FTA channels, it's great to have all the rubbish and blank channels gone.

Next step is to try and get the EPG and recording etc working, then to get the DTT going so I can pick up my local Irish channels over the air.

Just set up my first test recording for tomorrow, so should know after work tomo if it's working.

I only seem to have one day on my EPG, so I'll be looking around here for threads with how to set that up, if anyone has any links. Also haven't quite figured out how to pause TV etc, I'm guessing there must be a newbie section somewhere on this forum that I haven't found yet!

pooface
03-02-11, 09:47
What image r u using? Help us to figure out the correct answers for ur image...

Sent from my HTC Desire Z

edanto
05-02-11, 11:30
sorry for the delay, I've been having my birthday ;-)

I'm using vix 1.3, with updates applied. thx