PDA

View Full Version : [MB Premium Mini] IPTV Recommendations for MB Mini

yeshu26
13-11-18, 14:23
Hello

I would like to convert my Miraclebox MINI to a dedicated IPTV Streamer. I tried to download the plugin, but was disappointed by the performance.

Looking for recommendations please.

thanks

Andy_Hazza
13-11-18, 14:29
Try Suls plugin. Your provider needs to support it mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeshu26
13-11-18, 14:39
Is there any point of buying a separate IPTV box, or can my MB do the job?

thanks

Sicilian
13-11-18, 15:46
If its the old MB Mini single core 750MHz, imo too slow a box.

yeshu26
13-11-18, 16:11
If its the old MB Mini single core 750MHz, imo too slow a box.

Thanks

Any recommendations for a Hybrid box please? Which can do IPTV as well as Satellite at the same time flawlessly?

Sicilian
13-11-18, 16:27
I would not use the word flawlessly as there’s no such thing as a flawless device, but I’d suggest the Octagon SF8008.

yeshu26
13-11-18, 16:37
I would not use the word flawlessly as there’s no such thing as a flawless device, but I’d suggest the Octagon SF8008.

Fair point. Currently when I used my IPTV plugin, the system goes for a long long walk....... That's why I asked.

thanks

Sicilian
13-11-18, 16:40
The old mb mini is very old tech, single core 750mhz cpu.

SF8008 is UHD 4K quad core 1.6ghz. Will be like a Ferrari compared to the mb mini.

yeshu26
13-11-18, 16:43
Sorry for any daft question. The IPTV part in the Octagon SF8008, is a plugin or it launches like a separate OS?

Sicilian
13-11-18, 16:45
The is a Stalker plugin or there’s other ways to add iptv. Others might be able to give more advice.

Andy_Hazza
13-11-18, 16:56
The SF8008 is an excellent single tuner receiver (1x Satellite & 1x Cable/Terrestrial). Also added bonus of the Stalker plugin for IPTV. Also has Hardware Kodi support too.

yeshu26
13-11-18, 17:48
The SF8008 is an excellent single tuner receiver (1x Satellite & 1x Cable/Terrestrial). Also added bonus of the Stalker plugin for IPTV. Also has Hardware Kodi support too.

Can the user swap between IPTV and Satellite on a fly? Sorry never used hybrid boxes before.

Andy_Hazza
13-11-18, 18:27
If your provider allows to use Suls, then that creates Bouquets for you so your Satellite channels and IPTV channels are together. The Stalker is an application, a bit like Kodi where you have to launch it operate. Hope this helps.

yeshu26
17-11-18, 16:39
Anyone with screenshot of the IPTV section of the SF8008 please?
I saw MAG 251 and quite liked it.

Andy_Hazza
17-11-18, 16:44
For simplicity I would opt for a MAG. [emoji4]

Sicilian
17-11-18, 16:51
Formuler Z7+ much better than any mag.

JonMMM
17-11-18, 18:24
Was also about to suggest the Formuler Z7+, the only issue I have with it is that the remote from the Z7+ and my ET8500 conflict with each other

yeshu26
17-11-18, 19:24
Thanks guys, anyone with screenshots please?

Sicilian
17-11-18, 19:32
Look in the formuler video section.

yeshu26
17-11-18, 20:52
Wife likes the look and feel of E2, and asked me to look for best of the both worlds in a single box:

IPTV for footie, and STB combined.

I have been using E2 for a while, so don't mind anything more complex than a MAG box.

Sicilian
18-11-18, 06:42
Go for the sf8008 imo.

danny121pt
18-11-18, 08:33
Wife likes the look and feel of E2, and asked me to look for best of the both worlds in a single box:

IPTV for footie, and STB combined.

I have been using E2 for a while, so don't mind anything more complex than a MAG box.

Get the SF8008, Sat/Freeview via Tuners.
Multiple IPTV via Suls or if use Xtream Editor.
Stalker upto 6 portals (I have 6, changed network mac to match my subs, with no clashes on network on router and mutant hd51 is last 6 digits changed so have stalker qt with all same on 2 machines)
Kodi with real debrid
PurE2 in multiboot for some options of extra FNC movie/tv plugins.
Vpn
(the above just mentioned to show what/how much these little beautys can do media wise tbh)
Only thing Octagon need to fix is pause vod within Stalker-qt as its box / remote related as works fine on HD51.

Good little box the SF8008 for the money mate.

Well worth it imo.

yeshu26
18-11-18, 09:54
Get the SF8008, Sat/Freeview via Tuners.
Multiple IPTV via Suls or if use Xtream Editor.
Stalker upto 6 portals (I have 6, changed network mac to match my subs, with no clashes on network on router and mutant hd51 is last 6 digits changed so have stalker qt with all same on 2 machines)
Kodi with real debrid
PurE2 in multiboot for some options of extra FNC movie/tv plugins.
Vpn
(the above just mentioned to show what/how much these little beautys can do media wise tbh)
Only thing Octagon need to fix is pause vod within Stalker-qt as its box / remote related as works fine on HD51.

Good little box the SF8008 for the money mate.

Well worth it imo.

Thank you.

1: So the wife asked me to ask you all... (grrrr)

Is it possible to change the channels from IPTV to the sat on the fly?. for e.g. we are watching 3 PM footie on Sly Sports via satellite. Could we then zap straight to the same footie channel on the IPTV stream without "exiting" the tuner mode? Sorry if this does not make sense, but I hope it does. Ta

2: Do you mind sharing a picture of the box working with the features mentioned above please? Only if you are comfy. ta

3; Is our sponsor selling this box? And if these is support available for "appropriate plugins"? ahem!.

danny121pt
18-11-18, 10:02
Thank you.

1: So the wife asked me to ask you all... (grrrr)

Is it possible to change the channels from IPTV to the sat on the fly?. for e.g. we are watching 3 PM footie on Sly Sports via satellite. Could we then zap straight to the same footie channel on the IPTV stream without "exiting" the tuner mode? Sorry if this does not make sense, but I hope it does. Ta

2: Do you mind sharing a picture of the box working with the features mentioned above please? Only if you are comfy. ta

3; Is our sponsor selling this box? And if these is support available for "appropriate plugins"? ahem!.

If IPTV and Satellite are all in bouquets yes, switching/zap times are like instant.

If using stalker and want go back to bouquets then its couple seconds.

No need for pictures (as don't think pics of third party iptv would be allowed anyways), generic enigma2 all in bouquets, set up the way I like, Stalker looks same as Mag does, Kodi has peaky blinders build.

If never used enigma2, you will need to read up and learn more so experience is better.

If have and m3u url and epg url, then test out the interface on your box now.
instal via Suls, set all iptv types as enabled, install serviceapp and set e2 player to extplayer3 and test the interface.

https://www.suls.co.uk/enigma2-iptv-plugin/

danny121pt
18-11-18, 10:03
The sponsor would not support the plugins like Suls or Stalker, they just sell the box, not support iptv based plugins.

But yes, plenty of ways to learn Suls and threads can be started to ask regarding Stalker-QT etc.