PDA

View Full Version : EPG issue

xpr
10-11-18, 01:58
Hello again Folks.

HD51 is having an EPG issue which seems to be affecting only 1 channel. I'm using CrossEPG which is working well across most channels. However 1 channel is not updating.

When I first set up the receiver it appeared to be working fine, but I noticed a couple of days ago that info for Saturday was missing, but only from Ch 4 HD listings. All other data for every other channel is populating fine.

How would I go about troubleshooting that?

Cheers,
xpr

adm
10-11-18, 03:57
Hello again Folks.

HD51 is having an EPG issue which seems to be affecting only 1 channel. I'm using CrossEPG which is working well across most channels. However 1 channel is not updating.

When I first set up the receiver it appeared to be working fine, but I noticed a couple of days ago that info for Saturday was missing, but only from Ch 4 HD listings. All other data for every other channel is populating fine.

How would I go about troubleshooting that?

Cheers,
xpr

Could it be that channel4 HD is no longer on Freesat?
https://www.freesat.co.uk/news/all4-4hd-leave-freesat/

Andy_Hazza
10-11-18, 05:57
I use Sky UK FTA only as apposed to FreeSat. Try that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xpr
10-11-18, 11:27
OK - I expect you are correct as I set it up with the Freesat bouquet.
Will do a spot of reprogramming!

Thanks gents.

xpr
10-11-18, 13:51
OK - I expect you are correct as I set it up with the Freesat bouquet.
Will do a spot of reprogramming!

Thanks gents.

Surprisingly I was already using the Sky FTA Autobouqet.
I erased it, then remade it, and set the Import EPG to do a fresh import 5 minutes later.
Unfortunately the problem persists...

When I try to get to CrossEPG settings in the plugin menu it doesn't go anywhere.
I must have got another setting out of whack somewhere...

Further suggestions?

Andy_Hazza
10-11-18, 18:52
Using Sky UK FTA channels, I have CrossEPG & OpenTV to obtain my epg which I have stored to my HDD.

xpr
13-11-18, 13:41
Using Sky UK FTA channels, I have CrossEPG & OpenTV to obtain my epg which I have stored to my HDD.

Figured it out. Was a newbie error. I hadn't enabled Sky within the OpenTV menu.
All sorted now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :-)

derekoh
02-12-20, 17:00
Sorry to bump this thread after so long, but I recently upgraded by Vu+ Solo2 to OpenVIX 5.4.003 (I think it was on 5.1 or something like that before), and have the same problem. I use Freesat and have all my channels setup from that, but have added Channel4 HD from BSkyB to my Bouquets using the Bouquet editor. This works fine and I can view C4HD just fine, but I don't get anything in the EPG.
How do I get this working?
Thanks

abu baniaz
02-12-20, 17:08
How are you obtaining EPG?

You can get the Sky EPG data using:
Enabling OpenTV EPG reader in image zapping/selecting IEPG data service for 120 seconds regualalry
Using Cross EPG Downloader using OpenTV EPg provider

derekoh
02-12-20, 17:38
How are you obtaining EPG?

You can get the Sky EPG data using:
Enabling OpenTV EPG reader in image zapping/selecting IEPG data service for 120 seconds regualalry
Using Cross EPG Downloader using OpenTV EPg provider

Thanks - you pointed me in the right direction. Cross EPG was missing for some reason. Re-installed it and I now have the EPG for C4HD again! Thank you!!