PDA

View Full Version : Nothing from remote

Hannaman
09-11-18, 21:45
So just took delivery of my new sf8008 4k and hooked up all cables turned it on and it's just stuck at video selection screen. Nothing happening after selecting ok on remote. Getting nothing from remote at all. Tried different batteries also. Am I missing something here? It came flashed with latest vix.

Hannaman
09-11-18, 21:50
Think the remote is dead. I'm getting no ir signal from it iv opened a ticket with the sponsor who I purchased the box off. So disappointed already

Sicilian
10-11-18, 07:19
One of those things, electronics unfortunately. Could happen with any receiver.

Hannaman
10-11-18, 10:15
Yeah they've been in touch new remote getting sent.

joysleep1
17-11-18, 16:44
Actually i wanted to ask can i use a different enigma 2 remote on these receivers. You know when you go to input settings, it allows you to choose another receivers remote. Can someone please check if this is possible?

twol
17-11-18, 16:55
Not by default, and there are no alternatives defined.
Having said that its a pretty good remote, nice feel and has a good choice of keys

joysleep1
17-11-18, 20:02
Can the remote also control the TV?

twol
17-11-18, 20:23
Not that I am aware of ....

joysleep1
23-11-18, 10:57
Such a shame its not universal. Would just be so convenient to be able to control the TV too.

twol
23-11-18, 11:22
Such a shame its not universal. Would just be so convenient to be able to control the TV too.

Guess everything is down to cost - as a simple remote its not bad

joysleep1
23-11-18, 11:36
Guess everything is down to cost - as a simple remote its not bad

Yh i know but its the little things like that make me want to buy. I remember when i bought my edison receiver. I could not stand using it because the remote was so poorly designed. I like a good remote that allows me to control my TV. I guess i hold too much importance to the remote.

ccs
23-11-18, 11:41
…. I've had a harmony remote for around 10 years, it controls just about everything, boxes come and go but the remote stays the same, and so do the key presses.

twol
23-11-18, 11:47
I guess i hold too much importance to the remote.
Not really, many people feel like you. If I had not started with Xtrend, which for the top models had really good remotes, I might have liked the HD51 original remote - but it was a huge shock to me after Xtrend

Andy_Hazza
23-11-18, 12:28
Yh i know but its the little things like that make me want to buy. I remember when i bought my edison receiver. I could not stand using it because the remote was so poorly designed. I like a good remote that allows me to control my TV. I guess i hold too much importance to the remote.

I’m with you buddy. Can’t beat a good remote, thus why I love Vu+, as they are quality. The new remote shipped with the Vu+ Zero 4K is lush. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joysleep1
23-11-18, 12:42
I’m with you buddy. Can’t beat a good remote, thus why I love Vu+, as they are quality. The new remote shipped with the Vu+ Zero 4K is lush. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second that. VU remotes are very nice. Solo 2 remote it amazing.

ngc.ie
24-11-18, 17:49
…. I've had a harmony remote for around 10 years, it controls just about everything, boxes come and go but the remote stays the same, and so do the key presses.

can a universal remote improve the angle to zap?
I find the SF8008 not bad but maybe limited compared to other boxes, I have to point it nearly directly head on at box to zap it,
easily misses sometimes just a little niggle other than that I am happy with it.
would a universal remote improve this or is the box itself more than remote?

twol
24-11-18, 18:02
... just try different batteries ..... sometimes that can really be an issue.
I actually find the SF8008 good compared to some of my other receivers that are in the same rack.

ccs
24-11-18, 19:26
can a universal remote improve the angle to zap?
I find the SF8008 not bad but maybe limited compared to other boxes, I have to point it nearly directly head on at box to zap it,
easily misses sometimes just a little niggle other than that I am happy with it.
would a universal remote improve this or is the box itself more than remote?I've just pointed my harmony remote vertically at the ceiling, about 8 feet from my et10k, and it worked ok.
But it all depends on the remote and the box.

I'm using a harmony ultimate, a replacement FOC for a harmony one when the batteries started to bulge.
They both work as described above.