PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Virtual keyboard bugs

nekrub2
09-11-18, 20:45
Dear all,
I'm using the virtual keyboard for the Wikipedia Plugin or any plugin requiring me to enter a text or a number. Until 5.2.003 it was all fine. Now with this version I see a completely different layout with the following bugs

1. There is no backspace key for correcting a typo
2. There is no ok button (green button works)
3. When you mark one character and click on clear the who entry is deleted

4. For German there is only the choice of the Germany layout - the Swiss German layout, which was available before is gone.

This happens whatever locaction (keyboard) you choose.

Please bring back the old virtual keyboard.

Thanks
nekrub2

Stu
09-11-18, 21:11
There have been a few changes to the virtual keyboard.
With the virtual keyboard on the screen, press the “Help” button. This will give you a guide to what button does what.
Stu.

Donnie
09-11-18, 22:50
There are some issues with the virtual keyboard on OBH also, I am sure it will be resolved soon.

Huevos
10-11-18, 01:33
1) Backspace key is in the top/right corner. What skin are you using? Has it been updated for the new VKB? Please post a screen grab.

2) We can ask Ian the logic behind this and change it if necessary. Until then you will have to press green.

3) Clear is for clearing the whole text. Press the help button on your remote. There is a complete list of all the functions. Highlight the function you want and the arrow will show you which button on the remote does that job.

4) If you provide a layout it can be added. Post a photo of a PC keyboard for that location.

Huevos
10-11-18, 01:48
There are some issues with the virtual keyboard on OBH also, I am sure it will be resolved soon.Have the skins been adjusted for this screen? There is full documentation of the keyboard on OBH enigma2 repo. https://github.com/BlackHole/enigma2/blob/master/doc/VIRTUALKEYBOARD

GAH2402
10-11-18, 10:26
Hi,

Currently using the VIXBMC Confluence skin, and the keyboard definitely hasn't been updated in V5.2 (looks fine using Magic skin). Is the Confluence skin still supported? If not, can I manually update the keyboard layout myself?

Thanks,
GAH

birdman
10-11-18, 11:16
Currently using the VIXBMC Confluence skin, and the keyboard definitely hasn't been updated in V5.2 (looks fine using Magic skin). Is the Confluence skin still supported? If not, can I manually update the keyboard layout myself?I'm using Confluence too, and yes it is now broken. It was fine a week or so ago.

There's a slew of changes for Simple_Ten_Eighty, iSkin-(Light/Dark), Vix-(Day/Night)-HD, YouVix-Blue and Magic-FHD here:
https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/commits/master/src/skinswhich I should be able to adapt to get things working.

nekrub2
10-11-18, 13:04

You also find it on Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTZ#/media/File:KB_Swiss.svg

nekrub2
10-11-18, 13:08
I'm using skin Army_MoodBlue_mdo (1280 x 720) and by no mean I would like to change this.

With the default skin the keyboard display is complete - but I don't like the skin.

nekrub2
10-11-18, 13:14
Can you please send me a link on the documentation how to install the screen graber?

With your answers I tested with the layout en-us to see the backspace. On top right I see the - sign. When moving with the arrow right and press ok I get =, moving one more time to the right I get backspace. This means I do not see all keys.

Thanks for your help
nekrub2

Andy_Hazza
10-11-18, 13:21
On your Vu+ remote, does the < button not delete?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nekrub2
10-11-18, 13:29
Arrow left does not delete, arrow back (from VRC) only moves cursor left. Stop arrow from VRC part does indeed delete left character.

Huevos
10-11-18, 16:22
I'm using Confluence too, and yes it is now broken. It was fine a week or so ago.

There's a slew of changes for Simple_Ten_Eighty, iSkin-(Light/Dark), Vix-(Day/Night)-HD, YouVix-Blue and Magic-FHD here:
https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/commits/master/src/skinswhich I should be able to adapt to get things working.Thanks Birdman. There is only so much that can be done at once so all the embeded skins were updated as well as iSkin. Looking at the poll (https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?60288-Which-1080-skin-are-you-using-for-OpenViX) Confluence seems to be a pretty popular skin too so it would be good if you can update it. If there are problems Ian can help. There are other skins there too but their respective authors seem to have abandoned them.

Huevos
10-11-18, 16:42
I'm using skin Army_MoodBlue_mdo (1280 x 720) and by no mean I would like to change this.

With the default skin the keyboard display is complete - but I don't like the skin.No idea who that skin belongs to. Maybe it is an ATV skin, so you may have to wait until ATV merge the new keyboard, or update it yourself.

Andy_Hazza
10-11-18, 16:49
Arrow left does not delete, arrow back (from VRC) only moves cursor left. Stop arrow from VRC part does indeed delete left character.

I didn’t mean the left arrow (next to ok) look closely and you have a < button on the remote next to zero (0), does this delete entries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nekrub2
10-11-18, 20:23
Arrow left (close to 0 on vu+ remote) jumps and highlights first character but does not delete.

Furthermore I was wondering what the key ALL would help. Of course you can press ALL and start writing with the effect that only the new entries are there. But you get the same if you click on CLR.

nekrub2
10-11-18, 20:34
I would have expected that for every skin available in the plugin download the ownership would be documented.

Having searched in the skin section I fould a thread on this.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?30524-Army-MoodBlue-HD-mod-for-ViX&highlight=Army+MoodBlue

adm
10-11-18, 23:15
Can you please send me a link on the documentation how to install the screen graber?

It's already installed and part of the web Interface.

Find the IP of your box
Menu -> Information -> Network -> IP =

Then
Menu -> Plugins -> click on OpenWebif
OpenWebInterface Enabled = yes
Use new design = no
Press green to save settings.

If your box is connected to your home network, in your PCs web browser address bar type in the IP address of your box.
The webif will open up in your web browser
One of the options down the left hand edge is "Grab Screenshot" (which includes any box menus you may have on your TV screen)
Right click on the screenshot that appears to get a list of options - save, copy etc.

IanSav
11-11-18, 08:05
Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in responding here. I have been unwell.

The new VirtualKeyBoard is a complete rewrite and optimisation over all previous versions. Apart from cleaning up the code I wanted to make the keyboards look more like the keyboard you may have sitting on your study desk. All the changes can be reviewed in the /doc/VIRTUALKEYBOARD documentation in the repository as well as the code in the repository. For end users the online HELP system has been activated for the VirtualKeyBoard.

The skins were to be changed and updated by another developer who, due to personal reasons, was unable to complete the works. I was given a list of skins that had to be converted and those skins were updated by me. The documentation file I mentioned above will assist any other skin maintainers to update their skins. Please also note that skin control of the button colours has now changed. There is a new skin parameter that controls the text colour for each of the shift levels.

The "<" and ">" buttons either side of the zero "0" button are no longer edit buttons. This was done to work in with other UI navigation changes that are being developed to provide a unified and consistent navigation paradigm across Enigma2. Please use the online HELP button to help you find the buttons you need to use. By default PLAY or PLAY/PAUSE will delete characters under the cursor while BACK and STOP will delete characters to the left of the cursor. Think of PLAY pointing to the right as the forward delete and BACK (or STOP) as pointing backward along the line. The "<" and ">" now let you jump to the beginning or end of the text buffer respectively. The ALL button selects all the text in the text buffer. The CLR buffer clears the text buffer. The YELLOW or LOC button produces a pop up menu of all locales available for the VirtualKeyBoard. The INFO button provides access to the insert or overwrite modes of text entry. (The current mode should be displayed on any of the skins I converted and will hopefully be displayed on other skins when they are updated by their author or maintainer.)

If there are any languages or layouts have been missed then please provide me with the language and format that is missing together with any sample layouts that represent the way the language should be displayed. (I note that one such request has already been made. I will get to this ASAP.) New keyboards don't have to be 14 cells wide as the new code will automatically present ANY width keyboard up to 14 cells wide. Skins modified to work with the 14 cell wide keyboard will automatically work with any narrower keyboards. Also keyboards can have ANY number of shift levels though for the moment I have only coded for 4 different levels of shift.

I would also like to mention that all text cells (except SPACE) can now be translated to other languages. Apart from the SPACE button all text buttons are now dynamically created and the text is available for translation. There are no more text buttons that are made up of fixed images.

If there are any other questions or requests please ask.

Regards,
Ian.

IanSav
11-11-18, 10:11
Hi Nekrub2,

You also find it on Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTZ#/media/File:KB_Swiss.svg
Am I correct in saying that you want the de_CH (German - SWITZERLAND) locale?

Regards,
Ian.

IanSav
11-11-18, 12:29
Hi Nekrub2,

To help me make the changes you want could you please highlight what changes you would like made to the standard German layout. For example, you could capture screen images of the two German shift levels and then, in an image editor, mark how things should be changed.

Alternatively you could specify grid positions for each shift level and tell me what characters should be moved from where to where. Also what characters need to be removed and what characters need to be added.

Regards,
Ian.

abu baniaz
11-11-18, 12:31
How do we make this work with remote timer plugin?

IanSav
11-11-18, 12:39
Hi Abu,

What is the remote timer plugin?

Regards,
Ian.

abu baniaz
11-11-18, 12:53
It is a plugin for setting timers on a remote machine.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45381-Remote-timer-plugin

IanSav
11-11-18, 13:01
Hi Abu,

I looked at the source code for that plugin and can't see any reference to VirtualKeyBoard or NumericalTextInput. The code does use ConfigList so it should already have an interface to NumericalTextInput and VirtualKeyBoard for any text based settings.

Regards,
Ian.

nekrub2
11-11-18, 18:57
Hi Ian

I have created you a layout PDF for Swiss German and attach you two pictures out of this5777957780.

Thanks for your help

nekrub2

IanSav
12-11-18, 14:21
Hi Nekrub2,

I am working on the Swiss keyboard option but I was not happy with my initial results. I am tweaking the design and will post the results for your approval soon.

Regards,
Ian.

IanSav
12-11-18, 15:10
Hi Nekrub2,

Please review the attached screen captures of the proposed Swiss version of the German keyboard. If these are acceptable I will commit the changes. If you want/need any changes please give me grid coordinates of each image and the change required.

Regards,
Ian.

IanSav
14-11-18, 00:55
Hi Nekrub2,

Can you please review the Swiss keyboard proposal. If I don't hear back within 24 hours I will submit this layout to the repository.

Regards,
Ian.

IanSav
15-11-18, 03:43
Hi,

Swiss German locale pull request filed with OpenViX and OpenPLi.

Regards,
Ian.

nekrub2
15-11-18, 13:05
Hi Ian

Sorry for not answering you earlier. I have checked the layouts and they look fine for me. Thanks for you going the extra-mile.
nekrub2

IanSav
15-11-18, 14:40
Hi Nekrub2,

Not a problem. The new locale is now merged into the Dev builds and will be in the next production build as well. If any corrections are required please let me know.

Regards,
Ian.

IanSav
15-11-18, 14:41
Hi,

If there are any other locales required or any corrections required for any of the existing locales please let me know.

Regards,
Ian.

abu baniaz
15-11-18, 18:07
Is there a reason why people have to request for keyboards to be re-added? Surely all the ones that were there to begin with should have been included with the changes? Users can then request tweaks if required.

The person who removed them ought to add them instead of putting onus on people to request them to be re-added.

birdman
15-11-18, 19:43
I'm using Confluence too, and yes it is now broken. It was fine a week or so ago.

https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/commits/master/src/skinswhich I should be able to adapt to get things working.Still working on it. The basic functionality is now there (even if the background is currently the wrong shape and size...)
Delayed by various other things getting in the way (Linux kernel bug fixing/testing, directing bridge for the first time...) and not helped by forgetting to uncomment my changes, then having to find out which skin sections can be changed/augmented and which can only be totally re-written.
Now I need to make some new icons (especially a new one for Backspace based on the ISO standard, rather than the, to me, annoying DEL).

IanSav
16-11-18, 00:55
Hi Abu,

Is there a reason why people have to request for keyboards to be re-added? Surely all the ones that were there to begin with should have been included with the changes? Users can then request tweaks if required.

The person who removed them ought to add them instead of putting onus on people to request them to be re-added.
If this comment is directed to me then all I can say is that all the locales that were present in the source code when I started the refactor were in the source code when I finished. I am not aware of removing ANY locales during my efforts. In fact any locales from OpenViX or OpenPLi that were not included in one or the other were added to both. I also added quite a few of my own.

As you can also see asking me to add locales gets a simple, painless and prompt response. Is there a problem that I am not seeing?

Regards,
Ian.

abu baniaz
16-11-18, 01:38
4. For German there is only the choice of the Germany layout - the Swiss German layout, which was available before is gone.

I was going by this statement. So something was amiss. Lets hope any other locales which have disappeared on their own accord are identified and re-added.

BTW,
You can keep your sanctimonious, insincere and fake pleasantries towards me to yourself. Do not address me personally again.

IanSav
16-11-18, 01:50
Hi Poster,

I was going by this statement. So something was amiss. Lets hope any other locales which have disappeared on their own accord are identified and re-added.

Perhaps you should check your facts before posting.

BTW,
You can keep your sanctimonious, insincere and fake pleasantries towards me to yourself. Do not address me personally again.
I always reply to posts with a courteous and personalised introduction. I won't be changing that any time soon.

This comment has been reported to the moderators.

Regards,
Ian.

abu baniaz
16-11-18, 02:04
So either you or Nekrub2 is posting something incorrect.

As he used to use the keyboard and it disappeared, I am inclined to accept what he is stating. The image is for users to use. Changes are done for user's benefit.

IanSav
16-11-18, 02:19
Hi Poster,

Here is the OpenViX version of VirtualKeyBoard.py immediately preceding my refactor:
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/56242623a10ccac097e09048f93dbd562abf16b1/lib/python/Screens/VirtualKeyBoard.py

If you checked the repository as I suggested then you would note that there is no "de_CH" or Swiss German keyboard in sight.

Apologies accepted but not expected. :(

Regards,
Ian.

abu baniaz
16-11-18, 02:23
So Nekrub2 is lying then?

IanSav
16-11-18, 02:27
Hi Poster,

So Nekrub2 is lying then?
I did not, and would not, say that. There could be conditions unknown to me that could have caused the issue. All I can confirm is that the code with which I started did not support Swiss German.

Regards,
Ian.

abu baniaz
16-11-18, 02:37

@Nekrub2, please explain yourself.

adm
16-11-18, 02:54
As a matter of interest what is the floating "INS" text shown in the screen shot of the German keyboard and which is also present (in a slightly different place) on the English keyboard I have configured? Is it meant to be a toggling Insert/Replace and if so how is it selected?

Huevos
16-11-18, 09:18
As a matter of interest what is the floating "INS" text shown in the screen shot of the German keyboard and which is also present (in a slightly different place) on the English keyboard I have configured? Is it meant to be a toggling Insert/Replace and if so how is it selected?INSert / OVeerwRite. Press the info key.

IanSav
16-11-18, 15:24
Hi,

INSert / OVerwRite. Press the INFO key.
You can also press the HELP button to get help with using the updated VirtualKeyBoard.

Regards,
Ian.

nekrub2
16-11-18, 16:48
@Nekrub2, please explain yourself.

Hi Abu Baniaz

Before when I clicked on the yellow button I instantly got a different keyboard, but not a list of choice. As a result by click I could find a layout that had for instance in uppercase above ü è. For me it is obvious that if you provide a list and have different layouts for english, you should also have different ones for German etc.
Anyway, the key for ok (green) has gone.

Please don't hit on Ian who does an excellent job.

nekrub2

IanSav
16-11-18, 17:46
Hi Nekrub2,

Anyway, the key for ok (green) has gone.

Is this a bug report or a problem? If so, what skin are you using. If you have a screen capture of the problem I will try and sort it out ASAP.

By the way, Huevos has just asked me to convert a few more skins (Bello and Confluence). I will try and look at these over the weekend.

Please don't hit on Ian who does an excellent job.

Thank you for your support. It is appreciated.

Regards,
Ian.

birdman
16-11-18, 20:56
By the way, Huevos has just asked me to convert a few more skins (Bello and Confluence).I've already started on Confluence and should be able to finish it this weekend. I could PM you what I've done once complete, to help with consistency (you might spot something I've missed)?

IanSav
17-11-18, 01:10
Hi Birdman,

I've already started on Confluence and should be able to finish it this weekend. I could PM you what I've done once complete, to help with consistency (you might spot something I've missed)?
I would be happy to help in any way I can.

Regards,
Ian.

IanSav
17-11-18, 02:12
Hi Birdman,

While you are adjusting Confluence do you want to make the matching changes in the rest of the related / shared code skins?

Regards,
Ian.

birdman
17-11-18, 04:07
While you are adjusting Confluence do you want to make the matching changes in the rest of the related / shared code skins?Do you mean the other ViXBMC ones?
I could have a look for commonality - or, given that the keyboard pops-up over everything else anyway, I could just put it all into ViXBMC_Common(?).

PS: I finally got a correctly-sized background in the correct place this evening...

IanSav
17-11-18, 04:32
Hi Birdman,

Do you mean the other ViXBMC ones?
I could have a look for commonality - or, given that the keyboard pops-up over everything else anyway, I could just put it all into ViXBMC_Common(?).

From what I noted there is commonality among the ViXBMC skins. The VirtualKeyBoard screen is in the file "skin_ViXBMC_1080_Common.xml" in "ViXBMC_1080_Common" and is shared by all the skins. Each skin that uses this common file will need to have the "VirtualKeyBoard" font alias and parameters added. If you want to remove legacy support you can follow the instructions in the documentation file.

PS: I finally got a correctly-sized background in the correct place this evening...
Some skins have the VirtualKeyBoard decorated with graphical backgrounds. This are often more difficult or tedious to update.

Regards,
Ian.

nekrub2
17-11-18, 13:23
Hi Ian

In order not to have a skin specific issue I temporary switched to the default skin. With the virtual keyboard Local de_DE but also on en-EN or en_US have no more the ok key in the button row. The green button still work.

For any reason OpenWebif does not work, despite of having connection from my laptop to the box through DCC (FTP). Will have to ask my kids to make a screenshot by mobile. Is there any other file from my box which could help you?

Thanks a lot nekrub2

birdman
17-11-18, 13:47
From what I noted there is commonality among the ViXBMC skins. The VirtualKeyBoard screen is in the file "skin_ViXBMC_1080_Common.xml" in "ViXBMC_1080_Common" and is shared by all the skins.
But the VirtualKeyBoard parameter setting (which defines the size of the keys) is defined per-skin. Mind you, this seems ot make no sense given that the position/sizes set in the Common code are dependent on its set value.

Each skin that uses this common file will need to have the "VirtualKeyBoard" font alias and parameters added. If you want to remove legacy support you can follow the instructions in the documentation file.I was going to leave it there to start with, but given that legacy support code doesn't exist it may as well go at the same time.

Some skins have the VirtualKeyBoard decorated with graphical backgrounds. This are often more difficult or tedious to update.This is one. It's basically almost-black (so that any undefined keys look the correct colour), but does have a transparent border, which is what was causing the issue - until I realized it was not symmetric...

nekrub2
17-11-18, 13:56

Default Skin - Keyboard de_DE

Army MoodBlue Skin - Keyboard de_DE

birdman
17-11-18, 18:28
But the VirtualKeyBoard parameter setting (which defines the size of the keys) is defined per-skin. Mind you, this seems to make no sense given that the position/sizes set in the Common code are dependent on its set value.Remembered later that this is because the parameters are set in a block, and others are skin dependent. The code only seems to cater for one <parameters> block.

IanSav
18-11-18, 02:01
Hi Nekrub2,

The first image shows that the images for the VirtualKeyBoard are missing from your copy of the skin_default. The second image shows that the skin Army MoodBlue has not been updated.

The first issue is a problem. The second required the skin author to update their skin.

What happens if you select one of the default OpenViX skins?

Regards,
Ian.

Huevos
18-11-18, 12:32
Army is not a vix skin. Must be coming fron ATV.

ccs
18-11-18, 12:39
That could explain a lot.

Huevos
18-11-18, 13:51
Maybe we should remove skins from our build if they are not on our skins repo.

nekrub2
18-11-18, 14:58
Hi Huevos

Please don't skip Army_MoodBlue, this is the only one with an acceptable font size. My screen is HD 32in. Furthermore please check how the stream info on the radio stations is displayed. If you like I can attach you screenshots.

Thanks a lot
nekrub2

birdman
18-11-18, 15:38

enigma2-plugin-skins-army-moodblue-hd: git://github.com/Taykun345/skin-PLi-Army-MoodBlueHD-mod.git;protocol=git

ccs
18-11-18, 15:59
Early reference to the skin here....

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?30524-Army-MoodBlue-HD-mod-for-ViX

IanSav
18-11-18, 17:15
Hi Nekrub2,

Is the author of the Army MoodBlue Skin still maintaining their skin? If so can you please ask them to update their skin. The information about the changes required / available are here: https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/master/doc/VIRTUALKEYBOARD

Have you confirmed that the VirtualKeyBoard is working on one of the standard OpenViX built in skins?

Regards,
Ian.

nekrub2
18-11-18, 22:52
Hi Ian

I have posted the request to the thread of OldSkulRide Army MoodBlue HD skin. I just hope he is reading this (last entry 2013)

I can confirm, that the VirtualKeyBoard is working on the default skin, whith the open request for a Swiss German layout.

Best regards
nekrub2

IanSav
19-11-18, 05:05
Hi Nekrub2,

The Swiss German layout is already in the Dev builds and should become publicly available in the next production build.

If the author / maintainer of OldSkulRide Army MoodBlue HD doesn't respond then I think you should find a new favourite skin. If the skin hasn't been updated since 2013 then it will likely be missing a number of recent skin enhancements.

Regards,
Ian.

nekrub2
19-11-18, 16:15
Hi Ian

Many thanks for your efforts for promoting the Swiss German Layout.

In respect of alternative layouts I have checked out all default installed ones. For all of them the fonts are tiny. Of course in the configuration of the station list I can fiddle round to get it bigger. If I new how to do I would even update the Army MoodBlue skin. Where is the code stored? Are the skins written in XML?

Thanks a lot
nekrub2

birdman
19-11-18, 18:03
I've already started on Confluence and should be able to finish it this weekend.It's in dev:

https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/commit/1f76d8b4686289d526e036cf72ed6110f15c0e8b

nekrub2
19-11-18, 21:20
Hi Ian

I have played round with the skins which were automatically downloaded with the installation. Simple Ten Eighty from Abu Barnaz is the closest to my old Army MoodBlue. The only thing I have not found out so far is how to increase the font size of EPG long text. Service name font and Service info font can be adjusted in thge channel list configuration.
Best regards
nekrub2

birdman
19-11-18, 21:45
The only thing I have not found out so far is how to increase the font size of EPG long text. Service name font and Service info font can be adjusted in the channel list configuration.Which EPG?

I think this needs an override to the skin-files (it's the reason that I have some overrides).

IanSav
20-11-18, 02:18
Hi Nekrub2,

I have played round with the skins which were automatically downloaded with the installation. Simple Ten Eighty from Abu Barnaz is the closest to my old Army MoodBlue. The only thing I have not found out so far is how to increase the font size of EPG long text. Service name font and Service info font can be adjusted in thge channel list configuration.

I don't think the code supports a font change so any changes will need assistance from the skin author.

I find that 1080 (FHD) sized skins have a problem with users seated further away from the screen. Perhaps you can try some of the 720 (HD) skins to see if you find something you prefer.

Regards,
Ian.

kiddac
15-12-18, 19:59
I will not be changing any of my skins in the near future to incorporate this mess.
Once again you have selfishly broken everyones skins again with no regard what so ever for skinners.

All my future skin releases will have the original virtualkeyboard.py component in the ipks that will over write this crap.

If anyone wants a functioning virtualkeyboard. You can download the original one from my dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwkbjsp9dbh773e/VirtualKeyBoard.py?dl=0

Download the file and then place it in

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens

Then reboot your box.

Huevos
15-12-18, 22:43
I will not be changing any of my skins in the near future to incorporate this mess.
Once again you have selfishly broken everyones skins again with no regard what so ever for skinners. The truth is the the Virtual Keyboard was months in planning on OpenPLi's public forum. Hundreds of posts from numerous people. Anyone could participate. In all that time not once was there any input from you saying it was a bad idea or there was a problem. And now here you are calling someone selfish for breaking your skin. Fix the skin and move on. Or don't bother, but quit your whining. You had plenty of opportunity to speak up in the development stage.

IanSav
16-12-18, 00:27
Hi Kiddac,

Once again you have selfishly broken everyones skins again with no regard what so ever for skinners.

I considered providing a manual and documentation on the VirtualKeyBoard changes important support specifically for skin maintainers. (https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/master/doc/VIRTUALKEYBOARD)

What exactly is the "mess" of which you speak?

All my future skin releases will have the original virtualkeyboard.py component in the ipks that will over write this crap.

If anyone wants a functioning virtualkeyboard. You can download the original one from my dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwkbjsp9dbh773e/VirtualKeyBoard.py?dl=0

Download the file and then place it in

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens

Then reboot your box.
Why do you consider the new VirtualKeyBoard "crap"? Is it in any way broken or malfunctioning? If there is a problem then perhaps you could fill us in on what is wrong.

If you are proposing that the OpenViX code should never be changed or improved then I suspect that you may have adopted an unpopular position. OpenViX (Enigma2) is a living project and will always be changing. Sometimes the changes will be small and sometimes they will be large. Some changes may involve skin changes. It is unrealistic to demand that all changes be stopped just because you don't want to maintain your skin(s).

If you require assistance in upgrading your skin then please ask. I have provided a link to the VirtualKeyBoard documentation above. There are also a number of actively supported skins that have already been updated. You can use them for guidance on what changes are required.

If you don't want to maintain your skins then that is you right and your choice but please don't expect the world to stop just for you.

Regards,
Ian.

kiddac
16-12-18, 02:05
Why would I visit the openpli forum. I have absolutely no interest in openpli. I skin for openatv and openvix. But as you two now just randomly destroy whatever you want and now push your crappy changes to openvix github, it just time to just override any of your changes in the future. And yes several people are already complaining that the latest openvix update has broken everyones virtual keyboard. Because very few people I know of actually use openvix skins.

abu baniaz
16-12-18, 03:07
Can we confirm if the "emergency skin" has been adapted for the new virtual keyboard?

Also, it is worth pointing out that a skin can support both the old and new virtual keyboard.

abu baniaz
16-12-18, 03:11
If people want to use a skin that won't adapt to changes in an image, maybe they should stop updating their image?

Obviously the skin is more important to them than the image.

abu baniaz
16-12-18, 03:12
Please explain what is crappy about the changes so it can be improved.

abu baniaz
16-12-18, 04:05
Can we confirm if the "emergency skin" has been adapted for the new virtual keyboard?

The emergency skin was skinned to cater for the new virtual keyboard here
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-e2-skindefault/commit/8a23e402bc702874b15a284b7872f4dca1bf1665

George Kildare
14-02-19, 14:51
I am trying to enter urls etc using the Suls IPTV Enigma2 IPTV m3u to bouquet plugin. The virtual keyboard is very rudimentary and I cannot find where the delete key is. It is almost impossible to work without it. Can anybody help?

George Kildare
14-02-19, 18:03
Forget the previous posting. I have found the delete key

abu baniaz
14-02-19, 18:36
I cant invoke the virtual keyboard with that plugin, only the helper window

nekrub2
14-02-19, 21:20
The problem with the new virtual keyboard is not the layout but the missing adaption in other plugings. I tried to contact several developers but did not get any answer. Examples: Wikipedia (in Full HD mode), MP3 Browser.

So I will live with it and now know that the stop key works as backspace.

ccs
14-02-19, 22:08

Full details in post #19.

abu baniaz
14-02-19, 22:38
There have been more changes to PLi version. Makes it more like a real keyboard.

IanSav
15-02-19, 05:02
Hi,

The problem with the new virtual keyboard is not the layout but the missing adaption in other plugings. I tried to contact several developers but did not get any answer. Examples: Wikipedia (in Full HD mode), MP3 Browser.
I noted that some coders have wrapped odd code around calls to the VirtualKeyBoard. These wrappings may have had purpose a LONG time ago but they should have all been removed when the current generation functionality of VirtualKeyBoard was created. My changes do not change these core functions. The wrappings I noted attempt to add SMS functionality to the VirtualKeyBoard. This has been native to the VirtualKeyBoard for quite a while.

The HELP button is your friend. Where possible all my code changes will be including integrated help to assist users to identify all the key / button options.

If my plans and designs are allowed to proceed and be accepted into the code you will note that key / button usage will become significantly more predictable and uniform across the UI. This should make it easier for all users to become more familiar with navigation and functions across more of the Enigma2 UI.

There have been more changes to PLi version. Makes it more like a real keyboard.
I will be reviewing the OpenPLi changes to see if they improve functionality and don't compromise the code. I believe that the OpenPLi changes may require significant skin changes across all OpenViX skins. This is not an issue for OpenPLi who use their own default skins but it is a significant problem for OpenViX as the default and many other skins are shared with other images!

It is disappointing that the people changing this code are not updating the documentation to reflect the changes. My review will include a documentation update that will include details for any skin changes required.

Reviewing the OpenPLi VirtualKeyBoard changes is in my task list but not yet at the head of the list.

Regards,
Ian.

abu baniaz
19-03-19, 00:34
This is how the PLi keyboard looks like. A keyboard that looks like a real keyboard.

Apparently, this is Eye Candy. So the claim that the changes were to make the keyboard like a real keyboard will not be honoured.

abu baniaz
19-03-19, 00:45
PLI commits for wide buttons here.

https://github.com/OpenPLi/enigma2/commit/7f6a5af95fcd9cf1ecfb984c073167f68e41ddcc

https://github.com/OpenPLi/enigma2/commit/acd4853d95483837767a06c29ccc54bc0916843c

https://github.com/OpenPLi/enigma2/commit/d9dc1f9c288d3fbdbcc186109bc0b1bab85d7e47

Huevos
19-03-19, 14:08
It is a pity Taapat has made such a mess of the previously nice clean code.

abu baniaz
19-03-19, 14:21
Didn't realize making the keyboard look like a keyboard is a mess.

Sicilian
19-03-19, 14:34
Didn't realize making the keyboard look like a keyboard is a mess.

Rowland said the 'code', not the 'look', ;)

abu baniaz
19-03-19, 14:52
Looks are made by code.

Taapat had suggested to make the keyboard look like a real keyboard on PLI, I'm pretty it got rejected by someone. Taapat then added it.

I'm not discussing other colour changes. Just the look.

abu baniaz
19-03-19, 16:02
Correction, it was Pr2

The claim that some languages would lose buttons is contradicted by the fact that not all languages have the wide keyboard.

Is it possible to have the space bar bigger on VK like on real keyboard?

This is not easy to do. The simplicity of the code lies in the easy calculations required to calculate the cursor position. Making any keys an irregular size would complicate the code for little return. This is not a change I would like to tackle at this late stage.

The other issue is that some of the keyboard designs take advantage of every grid location available per screen. Removing available cells would require a rework of all the keyboards.

IanSav
19-03-19, 16:18
Hi,

This is how the PLi keyboard looks like. A keyboard that looks like a real keyboard.

Apparently, this is Eye Candy. So the claim that the changes were to make the keyboard like a real keyboard will not be honoured.
This post does not reflect what I have actually posted. I did call the keyboard "eye candy" because it is visually pleasing. Unfortunately the many bugs and issues with the OpenPLi code have not been reported here. I have not dismissed coming up with a visual update but that won't happen until I can find an acceptable way to code the changes such that the code is not messy, bloated or more complicated than is warranted.

It should also be noted that this visual change will require lots of complex skin changes for OpenViX and all images based on OpenViX.

I stand by my original proposal that the newer VirtualKeyBoard is closer to physical keyboards because the layout / location of the buttons is much closer than the previous version. Having the different sized buttons is nice to look at but has little appreciable benefit when actually using the VirtualKeyBoard.

Regards,
Ian.

IanSav
19-03-19, 16:27
Hi,

The claim that some languages would lose buttons is contradicted by the fact that not all languages have the wide keyboard.
I believe that all the keyboards I edited or created are in the wider form factor. If I have missed any locales please report them to me so I can correct them.

Regards,
Ian.

Matrix10
06-04-19, 10:30
@IanSav

We have this error in Open Black Hole
Space

1165.726> [ActionMap] Keymap 'VirtualKeyBoardActions' -> Action = 'select'
< 1165.726> Traceback (most recent call last):
< 1165.726> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 71, in action
< 1165.726> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 51, in action
< 1165.726> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/VirtualKeyBoard.py", line 992, in processSelect
< 1165.726> File "<string>", line 1
< 1165.726> self['text'].char(.encode('UTF-8'))
< 1165.726> ^
< 1165.726> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

IanSav
06-04-19, 15:53
Hi Matrix10,

@IanSav

We have this error in Open Black Hole
Space

1165.726> [ActionMap] Keymap 'VirtualKeyBoardActions' -> Action = 'select'
< 1165.726> Traceback (most recent call last):
< 1165.726> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 71, in action
< 1165.726> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 51, in action
< 1165.726> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/VirtualKeyBoard.py", line 992, in processSelect
< 1165.726> File "<string>", line 1
< 1165.726> self['text'].char(.encode('UTF-8'))
< 1165.726> ^
< 1165.726> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
From where did the source code come?

Can you please post a copy of VirtualKeyBoard.py that generates this error. May I also have the complete log to follow what happened.

Regards,
Ian.

birdman
06-04-19, 18:22
From where did the source code come?Looks like:

https://github.com/OpenPLi/enigma2/blob/develop/lib/python/Screens/VirtualKeyBoard.py

Matrix10
06-04-19, 18:57
https://github.com/OpenPLi/enigma2/blob/develop/lib/python/Screens/VirtualKeyBoard.py

Same with this file.
At the moment of selecting Space with the OK button.

error/ E2 crash

abu baniaz
06-04-19, 19:28
This is crashing on openvix too. Thanks for reporting.

Crashlog on other side of forum

birdman
07-04-19, 00:52
Looks like:

https://github.com/OpenPLi/enigma2/blob/develop/lib/python/Screens/VirtualKeyBoard.pyThe problem is the exec(cmd) is evaling this statement (well, there are two...).
u"SPACEICONALT": "self['text'].char(" ".encode('UTF-8'))"
u"SPACEICON": "self['text'].char(" ".encode('UTF-8'))",

which isn't going to work (as those are just two strings concatenated, no space in the middle).
Perhaps:
u"SPACEICONALT": "self['text'].char(' '.encode('UTF-8'))"
u"SPACEICON": "self['text'].char(' '.encode('UTF-8'))",

would work?

IanSav
07-04-19, 06:58
Hi,

Birdman is correct. The issue was caused by nested quotation marks.

Pull requests have been made to the OpenViX and OpenPLi repositories. The OpenPLi request has already been merged.

Regards,
Ian.

Matrix10
07-04-19, 11:28
Perfect now

Thanks to all

Mickkie
11-04-19, 15:04
Not sure which recent update caused this, but I don't seem to have a virtual keyboard showing up anymore on OpenVix-5.2.037 when I press the yellow button to perform a new EPG search. I can still press the buttons on my Mut@nt HD51 remote keypad, but I can't delete any characters and therefore cannot edit the string to search with. I assume this is a bug?

abu baniaz
11-04-19, 23:50
which skin?

IanSav
12-04-19, 01:24
Hi Mick,

Not sure which recent update caused this, but I don't seem to have a virtual keyboard showing up anymore on OpenVix-5.2.037 when I press the yellow button to perform a new EPG search. I can still press the buttons on my Mut@nt HD51 remote keypad, but I can't delete any characters and therefore cannot edit the string to search with. I assume this is a bug?
Can you please provide the name of the skin that is giving you issues. Does the problem change if you change skins? Could I please have a screen capture of the VirtualKeyBoard screen that is not working. I will investigate as soon as I get this information.

Regards,
Ian.

Mickkie
12-04-19, 09:01
Thank you both, I just checked and it is a skin issue. I use Magic-HD-Night. The virtual keyboard shows up if I switch to another skin, e.g. Vix-HD-Night. Screenshot attached.

abu baniaz
12-04-19, 12:04
I have tried 5.2 037 with the magic night * skins. Keyboard shows.

I have tried it by following:
Menu > Setup > Network > Mounts > Mount Manager > Change hostname
I also tried while in live TV- Yellow> Yellow

Do these tests tally with what you are doing?

038 should be finished soon. Try uninstalling then re-installing the skin should issue persist.

Mickkie
12-04-19, 14:10
I have tried 5.2 037 with the magic night * skins. Keyboard shows.

Thanks abu baniaz, I tried the Magic-FHD skin and the keyboard shows. The keyboard does not show with the Magic-HD-Night. I may need to mention here that although the skin is just HD, the output resolution is set at 2160p - this never caused a problem before.

I have tried it by following:
Menu > Setup > Network > Mounts > Mount Manager > Change hostname
I also tried while in live TV- Yellow> Yellow

Do these tests tally with what you are doing?Yes. I first noticed it while in EPG I pressed the yellow button and then yellow button again to edit the search field, but no keyboard showed up (as per previous screenshot). I tried changing hostname as you mention above and it is also not showing - see attached screenshot.

038 should be finished soon. Try uninstalling then re-installing the skin should issue persist.I uninstalled and reinstalled Magic-HD-Night, just in case, but the keyboard is still missing. I'll keep an eye out for 038 version and see what this does.

IanSav
12-04-19, 15:07
Hi Mick,

I suspect that Magic-HD-Night uses the VirtualKeyBoard images from the skin_default skin. The default skin was only updated with the new images 8 days ago. When the next update is released please upgrade to that version and then test this again. If there is still an issue please report it here.

I believe that Rob is away at the moment so if there is still a problem I will try to fix the skin in his absence.

Regards,
Ian.

Mickkie
13-04-19, 13:21
When the next update is released please upgrade to that version and then test this again. If there is still an issue please report it here.
Thank you Ian,

I just flashed my Mut@nt with OpenVix-5.2.038 and the problem remains. No virtual keyboard is shown. I attach /etc/enigma2/settings in case it helps troubleshooting it.

EDIT: The Magic-HD-Night skin has had problems for months now with text not showing next to buttons on some pages - e.g. the coloured buttons at the bottom of the Timers page have no text showing next to them to explain what they do. So, I don't know if it is still being maintained, or if it requires tweaking to show up on Mut@nt HD51.

IanSav
13-04-19, 14:03
Hi Mick,

Do you know who developed this skin? The fact that it has had problems for a while makes me think this is not one of Rob's skins.

Your report makes it sound like there are a number of problems with the skin. Is there a reason why you are sticking with this skin?

EDIT: It is one of Rob's skins. Last edited late last year. I will reach out to Rob and see what is happening.

Regards,
Ian.

abu baniaz
13-04-19, 15:20
Are you installing the skin from a downloaded ipk or from the plugin server?

Mickkie
13-04-19, 15:25
Thank you Ian,

I prefer it for many reasons, one being my wife finds it easier to read the EPG, without eye-straining garish electric blue or lime green colours. ;)

I like it because it shows the resolution and whether it is progressive or interlaced, as well as the strength of the signal. The only thing that looks wrong on my TV is the file manager plugin, it is not wide enough for my 4K TV - just occupies a small part of the screen and I can't read the whole file name or path.

Mickkie
13-04-19, 15:26
Are you installing the skin from a downloaded ipk or from the plugin server? I install it from the plugin server using the OpenVix GUI.
PS. When updating OpenVix I use the option to reinstall plugins as part of the update process, rather than installing them manually.

IanSav
13-04-19, 15:50
Hi Mick,

While I await a reply from Rob I will load the skin when I awake and try and find a patch for the VirtualKeyBoard.

Regards,
Ian.

IanSav
14-04-19, 06:22
Hi Mick,

The Magic-HD-Night skin has had none of the VirtualKeyBoard changes or updates. I will look at fixing it today.

Regards,
Ian.

IanSav
14-04-19, 08:33
Hi Mick,

I have submitted corrections for the VirtualKeyBoard for both the Magic-HD-Night and Magic-HD-Noire skins. (Pull request #54 (https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/pull/54))

I must apologise to Rob as these skins are based on Rob's Magic-HD skin but they are not Rob's effort. They were created and potentially abandoned by "DeLaGrooV".

Regards,
Ian.

Mickkie
14-04-19, 11:40
I have submitted corrections for the VirtualKeyBoard for both the Magic-HD-Night and Magic-HD-Noire skins. (Pull request #54 (https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/pull/54))
Thank you Ian for looking into this so promptly! Much appreciated. :)

abu baniaz
14-04-19, 17:58
@Mickie, have you removed the default skin? I am not referring to Vix Night HD.

Mickkie
15-04-19, 00:05
@Mickie, have you removed the default skin? I am not referring to Vix Night HD.I don't think I have ... I mean, the default skin would be reinstalled each time I flash the Mut@nt with the latest OpenVix version? This is what I have listed under /usr/share/enigma2:

root@mutant51:~# ls /usr/share/enigma2/
MHD-Common keymap.xml
Magic-FHD menu.xml
Magic-HD-Night mutant51.png
Simple_Ten_Eighty po
ViX-Common prev.png
ViX-Day-HD radio.mvi
ViX-Night-HD rc_models
YouViX-Blue rcpositions.xml
YouViX-Common setup.xml
black.mvi skin.xml
display skin_default
distro-logo.png skin_default.xml
encoding.conf skin_subtitles.xml
freesat.t1 spinner
freesat.t2 startwizard.xml
groupedservices unicable.xml
hd-testcard.mvi userinterfacepositionerwizard.xml
iso-639-3.pck videowizard.xml
Which one is the default skin?

abu baniaz
15-04-19, 00:17
It depends what context.

Enigma2 teams set the default skin. Vix Night HD is what OpenVix uses. OpenATV uses MetrixHD.

However, there is an emergency/fallback skin.
skin_default

To complicate issues, the emergency/fallback skin in OE-A images is based on Vix Night HD.

I have merged the skin changes.

Mickkie
15-04-19, 11:40
Yes, it is complicated! LOL!

OK, I have a /usr/share/enigma2/skin_default directory full of skin related files and also have skin_default.xml which starts with:

<skin>
<!-- Skin: Default-OE-A skin, based on ViX Vs 0.33 by Andy Blackburn
. @www.world-of-satellite.com, based on ViX Night -->

So I assume my default skin is OK.

Thank you for merging skin changes. Do I wait for the next OpenVix release to try it out, or is it a matter of uninstalling/reinstalling the skin plugin and it will pull in the latest merged version?

Valiant
15-04-19, 11:43
The text entry field is not cleared out when choosing New Search as it used to be.

IanSav
15-04-19, 13:24
Hi Mick,

The skin fixes had to be reverted due to a problem with my submission. I am working on a fix at the moment and will try again soon.

Regards,
Ian.

IanSav
15-04-19, 13:28
Hi Valiant,

The text entry field is not cleared out when choosing New Search as it used to be.
This is not related to the new VirtualKeyBoard. I believe that this is a new feature to help users make new searches based on the current program title. You can make any changes to the current text to complete the new search. If you prefer just use the "CLEAR" button (the picture of the old style eraser on the bottom right of the keyboard grid) to clear the current text and start entering the new text as required.

Regards,
Ian.

Valiant
15-04-19, 13:51
Thanks Ian, I obviously have not looked at the keyboard closely enough, I had not noticed the clear button before. I assumed that the new look keyboard that has appeared since I upgraded from 5.1.017 was the subject of this thread. Thankyou again.

Mickkie
15-04-19, 15:27
The skin fixes had to be reverted due to a problem with my submission. I am working on a fix at the moment and will try again soon.No problem Ian, take your time. I'm grateful you're looking into it. This is not a function I use daily so I can wait as long as is needed.

Meanwhile, I think (but not sure) some of the buttons on the remote do not work as they used to; e.g. the Program Up/Down, and <> do not produce any output. With no keyboard showing up I was trying to press different buttons on the remote to delete the text field, but couldn't find anything suitable. Is this affected by recent code changes?

IanSav
15-04-19, 16:59
Hi Mick,

Yes, the button arrangements have changed. Please press the HELP button for a complete list of button operations. (HELP is also new. ;) )

PREV and NEXT are now used to jump to the beginning or end of the text buffer respectively. To delete characters to the left of the cursor press STOP or, if your remote control has it, BACK. To delete characters under the cursor press PLAY. Please use the HELP button to go review all the command options, there are a few new options available.

By the way, the code correction has been submitted. I am waiting for the submission to be checked out and, if okay, be merged. (This skin change required some build setup changes that I have never previously needed so my first attempt missed some details.)

Regards,
Ian.

Mickkie
16-04-19, 10:48
Excellent! I hadn't looked into the help page. Thanks!

judge
20-04-19, 14:19
Hi Ian, the keyboard also doesn't show up on OpenViX 5.2.039 using your OverlayHD skin.
Press yellow, yellow when iin live TV mode & no keyboard.

IanSav
22-04-19, 03:21
Hi Judge,

Sorry for the delay in responding. It looks like I have to make OverlayHD catch up with the times. I was holding it back because the Beyonwiz image hasn't updated the VirtualKeyBoard code as yet but I don't think it is fair or okay to wait any longer. I will update OverlayHD as soon as I get a free moment.

Regards,
Ian.

IanSav
22-04-19, 03:22
Hi Mick,

How if the VirtualKeyBoard with the updated Magic-HD-Night/Noire skins?

Regards,
Ian.

norhap
23-04-19, 11:20
https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/commit/969d276a34abb2afde013b80cc612eac5bd0cbc2
in the next release should come out, VK by IanSav was added by abu in skin_default oe the same day as release 39 ... in my skin and access to keyboard from skin_default oe with change 17-04-2019. With these changes in my case it is no longer necessary to do anything in each skin. Only changes for 1080 skin (PNG size).

judge
07-05-19, 03:28
Ian, been away for a while, just updated all boxes to 5.2.040 & your OverlayHD skin is now working fine on the VirtualKeyBoard, thanks.

IanSav
07-05-19, 11:44
Hi Judge,

Are you a Skype user? Are you interested in testing and reporting on improvements that can be made to OverlayHD on OpenViX?

Regards,
Ian.

abu baniaz
25-05-19, 02:59
Just for info, OpenATV are now using the same keyboard

https://github.com/openatv/enigma2/commit/0bead1bc5af8a0b1f7e30c3e1f9557408f26a4f6

IanSav
25-05-19, 04:49
Hi Abu,

Just for info, OpenATV are now using the same keyboard

https://github.com/openatv/enigma2/commit/0bead1bc5af8a0b1f7e30c3e1f9557408f26a4f6
:)

They have also adopted the common NumericalTextInput. They have made a change to Ukranian that I am discussing with OpenPLi before I synchronise all the versions.

Regards,
Ian.

abu baniaz
25-05-19, 04:55
Can you upload your button pngs to that commit for benefit of anyone who want to have premade ones to use on their skins. I have the zip file you uploaded some time ago, not sure if it is the latest one.

IanSav
25-05-19, 05:03
Hi Abu,

Does this match what you have? If not, what is different?

(I think this is the latest version of the archive.)

Regards,
Ian.

IanSav
25-05-19, 05:11
Hi Abu,

I should also mention that I have given these images to each of the image team members for their consideration and use. The issue for OpenATV is that their Metrix skin uses a different geometry to all the other images. I believe that Captain and Ipkay are on top of the migration. (I have offered my assistance should they require help.)

Regards,
Ian.

Mickkie
25-05-19, 11:12
Hi Mick,

How if the VirtualKeyBoard with the updated Magic-HD-Night/Noire skins?

Regards,
Ian.Sorry, I hadn't seen this post. I have now updated to 5.2.041 and the VirtualKeyBoard is visible again in Magic-HD-Night. Thank you very much for fixing this! :)

IanSav
25-05-19, 11:15
Hi Mick,

Not a problem. (Thank you for the confirmation.)

Regards,
Ian.

judge
31-05-19, 11:10
Hi Judge,

Are you a Skype user? Are you interested in testing and reporting on improvements that can be made to OverlayHD on OpenViX?

Regards,
Ian.Hi Ian, sorry for the late reply, haven't been around & off for the next 2 weeks now too.
When I get back, will be glad to help in any way I can.

IanSav
01-06-19, 02:33
Hi Judge,

I am interested in an OpenViX user of OverlayHD to help keep me on my toes to ensure that all OpenViX screens are skinned and that all screens look and work their best.

@Everyone: If there are any graphical artists around who want to donate their time and efforts into OverlayHD I would also like a chat with you.

Regards,
Ian.