PDA

View Full Version : Change recording format?

xpr
08-11-18, 19:20
Hi All.
New HD51 user here running OpenVix. Been enjoying playing around with it, and nice to have PVR functionality that I didn't have before! I'm loving Webif as well. Such a cool feature to have.

Looking at the media recordings folder, I see the files are around 8GB .ts format. I was wondering, since the device supports HEVC, is it possible to record the files in X265 (or H265)? Then they'd be smaller and the hard drive would hold more.

So far I've only loaded Picicons and a Kodi plugin (which doesn't play the majority of my files since it doesn't use the Kodi player).
What other good plugins are there, and what do they do? Is there a directory of available plugins with descriptions somewhere online? Right now I just have 1 dish at 28.2E. Looking to get a multiLNB setup on a larger dish in the future :-)

Trial
08-11-18, 20:04
Hi,
all Enigma boxes record in the original format which comes from sat or cable. Direct recording in a different format is not possible. What is possible is offline reencoding with a script and cron but this is a but avanced.

ciao

birdman
09-11-18, 02:30
Then they'd be smaller and the hard drive would hold more.Is your drive nearly full? Anywhere near full?

xpr
09-11-18, 23:33
Is your drive nearly full? Anywhere near full?

No, still got lots of space. Was just wondering about direct recording in HEVC so as no transcoding needed for archiving.
I can always run Handbrake on whatever I want to keep.

Thanks for the answer!

birdman
10-11-18, 00:47
No, still got lots of space. Was just wondering about direct recording in HEVC so as no transcoding needed for archiving.Instead you'd need transcoding for every recording - in real time.
As has been said, the box stores the broadcast stream as is.
So for DVB-T it is mpeg, while for DVB-T2 it is mp4/h.264.