PDA

View Full Version : [Mut@nt] HD51 Problems trying to use multiboot

machare
07-11-18, 22:06
I have been trying to install openatv 6.2 in the 2nd partition of my Mut@nt HD51 using Vix/Image manager.

When I did this Vix Enigma restarted and generated log file 1541623108.29. The flash itself appears to work.

After this happened I used Standby and Restart/Multiboot. Vix crashed and generated log file 1541623150.23

I have sent both log files.

When I try to install openpli 6.2 using Vix/Image manager the imaged is not flashed and I get an error message I think saying some link can not be created.

If there are specific images of openatv and openpli which are know to work with multiboot I would be happy to try these.

twol
07-11-18, 22:35
On OpenPli which openPli image are you using ... they create 2, 1 for usb flashing and one for online flashing
I will try and find your log files ... but just in case can you post them here?
Also which ViX image version are you using????
If you flashed the 2nd partition successfully then it should reboot and you will get the startup wizard.

twol
07-11-18, 22:51
Looked at the logs ... need to look more tomorrow.
In the meantime can you use filezilla to look at which files are in /boot ??
You shoud have STARTUP, STARTUP_1, STARTUP_2, STARTUP_3 and STARTUP_4 the system is saying they do not exist

machare
07-11-18, 22:51
Thank you for your interest. I will make sure that I am trying to use a correct Openpli image

First crash log:

2nd crash log:

machare
07-11-18, 22:56
Looked at the logs ... need to look more tomorrow.
In the meantime can you use filezilla to look at which files are in /boot ??
You shoud have STARTUP, STARTUP_1, STARTUP_2, STARTUP_3 and STARTUP_4 the system is saying they do not exist

Well it is quite right. I only have one STARTUP file!

twol
07-11-18, 23:17
Well it is quite right. I only have one STARTUP file!

That's a problem!!!!
unzip this file and copy the STARTUP's to /boot (you need to run a telnet session 1st e.g. putty login as root then init 4 (freeze the box), copy the files to /boot and then enter init 6 to reboot.
Then try again.

Did you start with OpenPli???? as 1st flash??

machare
07-11-18, 23:23
The box came with the factory default Openpli. It did not take long before I got fed up and flashed it with Vix using a USB stick. I will try with you STARTUP file and let you know how I get on.

machare
07-11-18, 23:52
I have installed the additional STARTUP files. This has stopped the above crashes. :p

The problem I now have is that it when I use Standby and Restart/Multiboot and select an openatv image the box shows Multiboot on the front panel but just boots my original Vix image.

Also I have failed to find 'openpli images suitable for online flashing'. Please Could you tell me exactly where I should look

machare
08-11-18, 00:35
I would like to add that Menu/Information/About always shows the bootmode =1 even if I select Vix mode 12 in Restart/Multiboot.

twol
08-11-18, 07:25
I have installed the additional STARTUP files. This has stopped the above crashes. :p

The problem I now have is that it when I use Standby and Restart/Multiboot and select an openatv image the box shows Multiboot on the front panel but just boots my original Vix image.

Also I have failed to find 'openpli images suitable for online flashing'. Please Could you tell me exactly where I should look
OpenPli .. select the image that says multiboot in the title in their downloads.
Will look at the bootmode 12 comment later. .... have a few issues today at home .. so will be later.,,, but why are you using bootmode 12? As bootmode 1 is the default for good reason for the hd51.

Can you turn on debug logs Menu/system/logs/settings and move log location to other than flash.
Then restart the system and try to multiboot to the ATV image then post here the debug logs.
If you can also send me a screenshot of the multiboot restart screen showing the slots before you choose it would be a help. (Use web interface) ... if a problem just post logs.

The problem lies with the original OpenPli image..... but when you usb flashed OpenViX it should have flashed the boot file anew..... really strange.

machare
08-11-18, 10:11
Thank you for your help. These are the two log files created when I tried to multiboot ATV

machare
08-11-18, 10:26
I have now found the openpli multiboot images. I have put the image in slot 3. These are the log files created when I run Menu\Standby and Restart\Multiboot and select the mode 1 version.

I have tried to use the mode 12 versions as I am more interested in PIP than Kodi!

twol
08-11-18, 11:20
Thanks .... you are very cooperative. Understand the PIP requirement.
Can you tell me what the system says is in the slots on the multiboot restart list?
I need some time to investigate but will come back to you as soon as I can ... may need to provide you with some replacements .py‘s to get information.

machare
08-11-18, 12:17
slot1 - Openvix 5.2 rel 009 mode 1 (current image)
slot2 - Openatv 6.2 rel 31-10-18 mode 1
slot3 - Openpli 6.2 rel 05-11-18 mode 1

slot1 - Openvix 5.2 rel 009 mode 12
slot2 - Openatv 6.2 rel 31-10-18 mode 12
slot3 - Openpli 6.2 rel 05-11-18 mode 12

When I first flashed HD51 with Vix I did use settings from another box (Xtrend ET9000 or Octagon SF4008) - I hope that is not the cause of my problems. I can just reflash the box if that would help.

twol
08-11-18, 12:36
Possibly ... not a good thing to do because its more than Bouquets etc. has some config information in there for tuners and such.
Just let me check a few things!! .. hopefully not more than an hour

machare
08-11-18, 12:40
Thank you.

twol
08-11-18, 13:45
So, everything works clean for me.

So can you 1st reflash latest from scratch - if you want to keep bouquets etc then copy them over from /etc/enigma2 (bouquets, userbouquets, lamedb) or use something like Echannelizer.
Turn on debug logs.
unzip attachment and copy files as follows.
multiboot.py ---> usr/lib/enigma2/python/screens
ImageManager.py ---> usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/VIX

Reboot (preferably use a putty session to freeze before the copy (init 4) and after to reboot (init 6)
If it doesn't work post the debug logs.

There is now (untested) code in there to check for the non-STARTUP files (although the STARTUP files should be still there)

machare
08-11-18, 13:49
Thank you. I will give it a go.

machare
08-11-18, 15:20
Unfortunately, the box now does not fully startup. It stops with the openvix display and a full row of dots on the front panel.

I was not very sure whether it should be multiboot.py or Multiboot.py so I have both in ..screens.

I can telnet and ftp to the box OK.

I tried renaming the files and then deleting them but the box still won't fully boot!

Is there something else I could do or check?

twol
08-11-18, 15:21
Thank you. I will give it a go.

Found time to test all the additional code in the zipped .py‘s and should be OK

machare
08-11-18, 17:32
Any joy? I could try flashing openatv or openpli from a USB stick?

twol
08-11-18, 17:45
Unfortunately, the box now does not fully startup. It stops with the openvix display and a full row of dots on the front panel.

I was not very sure whether it should be multiboot.py or Multiboot.py so I have both in ..screens.

I can telnet and ftp to the box OK.

I tried renaming the files and then deleting them but the box still won't fully boot!

Is there something else I could do or check?
Its probably because I thought all the recent changes were in your version.
Download latest from the ViX downloads and usb flash that version 011)
... and try that without my zip changes.

machare
08-11-18, 17:56
Here is the file from the telnet session after trying to run enigma2.

twol
08-11-18, 17:59
Here is the file from the telnet session after trying to run enigma2.
You are a joy to work with!!!
Thats an info bar issue

Can you flash build 011 from the downloads

machare
08-11-18, 18:00
No, I did see a problem with Screens at the top

twol
08-11-18, 18:05
Flash 011 build!
Its the very latest and my changes will work if needed.

machare
08-11-18, 18:07
Will flash 011

machare
08-11-18, 18:49
I flashed version 11 and did restore my settings. I found that the /boot directory was empty so I added the 4 files from your earlier post and the box has created a 5th file.

However although I have managed to add openatv to slot 2 I can't boot it nor can I get VIX to run in mode 12

What can I try next?

twol
08-11-18, 19:50
turn on debug
Stop the system with putty (init 4)
Rename the 4 STARTUP_X files to xSTARTUP_x
Go to the Screens directory ... rename Multiboot.pyo to xMultiboot.pyo
Copy my Multiboot.py to the Screens directory
Reboot (init 6)
Try to reboot to slot 2
Post the debug log(s)
The added code should deal with no STARTUP_2 by creating a new STARTUP, so there should be no way it cannot boot the new image in slot 2, so lets see what happens.
This is really weird ... but....

machare
08-11-18, 19:53
Thank you. SWMBO is watching the TV at the moment - I will have to try later!

twol
08-11-18, 20:03
Thank you. SWMBO is watching the TV at the moment - I will have to try later!

No problem, I admire your patience.... but something is badly screwed!!! Just don‘t know what ... yet
Hopefully the additional debug will hopefully tell me what..... compared to ImageManager this code is really simple, so its like it doesn‘t realise its a HD51 receiver........
if it doesn‘t work will have add more debug.

What we can also try is copying STARTUP_2 to STARTUP (overwrite) but lets try the 1st step and then see..

machare
08-11-18, 23:19
These are the two log files. It did not boot the Image in slot!

machare
08-11-18, 23:31
I tried to boot Vix mode 12.

The box rebooted but now /media/usb is my harddisk and /media/hdd is my USB stick.

Information/About still shows mode 1

I will remove the stick reboot and put the stick back in. (I have had this problem before)

twol
09-11-18, 10:05
In case you are waiting for a post, I just need time to flash my HD51 and look at the results!!

machare
09-11-18, 10:32
I flashed the box with openatv this then let me add openpli in position 2 and I was able to boot openpli.

Openpli let me multiboot back to openatv boxmode 12 but that has got into a loop where enigma starts up, crashes and then restarts and crashes again. Is there a way I could make openatv use boxmode 1 using telnet? if so I could also add Vix in position 3.

twol
09-11-18, 10:37
OK, the logs show that the software is doing what it should do and should reboot to slot2 - and there are no error indications.... so it believes it has re-written the STARTUP file
I have usb flashed and it wipes all the slots, installs an image on slot1 and rebuilds the boot partition which includes STARTUP, and STARTUP_1 -> STARTUP_4 files (I previously removed them on the existing system before usb flash).
... and I have to go through the startup wizard to setup the image.

So 1) can you post the contents of STARTUP and 2) as a final test can you copy the STARTUP_2 to /boot, rename STARTUP to XSTARTUP and then rename STARTUP_2 to STARTUP and reboot.
I it reboots to ATV then need more thought.
If it reboots slot1 then unzip the bootloader below to usb and do usb flash.
Then usb flash the OpenViX image and see whats in /boot

machare
09-11-18, 11:15
Unfortunately the box is now giving 'No Partition' instead of 'Flashing' when I try to flash it.
I have tried two different USB sticks and in the various different USB ports.

telnet and samba both connect to the box and I can see what I would expect

Any idea how to fix this one?

machare
09-11-18, 11:32
Unfortunately the box is now giving 'No Partition' instead of 'Flashing' when I try to flash it.
I have tried two different USB sticks and in the various different USB ports.

telnet and samba both connect to the box and I can see what I would expect

Any idea how to fix this one?Looks like I just can't flash a backup image. I can flash a new image

machare
09-11-18, 12:15
zzSTARTUP is the STARTUP file I was using.
STARTUP is a copy of STARTUP_2

The box booted VIX not ATV. I will now flash what is in hd51-bolt...

twol
09-11-18, 12:42
"When I first flashed HD51 with Vix I did use settings from another box (Xtrend ET9000 or Octagon SF4008) - I hope that is not the cause of my problems. I can just reflash the box if that would help. "

So I think you are overwriting the fstab in /etc which means that the system is mounting the wrong Emmc partition to /boot ... which is why it doesn't work.
The image build sets up the fstab with the correct boot volume for multiboot receivers, such as the HD51 (/dev/mmcblk0p1) and also the sf4008 (/dev/mmcblk0p5)

Just post /etc/fstab
here is my fstab zipped (includes my HDD/usb mounts)
you could edit yours to add correct disk mounts and then copy mine updated to your /etc/fstab

machare
09-11-18, 12:45
Then usb flash the OpenViX image and see whats in /boot

Nothing - no STARTUPs at all!

When I flashed bold it said 'Bolt' on the front panel.

twol
09-11-18, 12:49
see preceding post!!

machare
09-11-18, 13:33
The box does work very much better with the correct fstab! I can multiboot both openatv and openpli. I can even use PIP.

I saved the fstab after flashing before I restored the settings and then put it back after a settings restore.

I apologize for causing you so much trouble.

twol
09-11-18, 13:45
Its been interesting - and at least I updated my code to handle a no startup situation.
.... if you have any other issues you might check to see if anything else has been changed.
I would now do a new settings backup with the correct fstab - just wish I had remembered the fstab mount before this morning.

Just pleased it is now working for you.

mrchannel007
21-11-18, 23:31
HI,
Any simple guide to enable multi boot. I have tried ATV and PLi images but no success. I tried ftp image into Media HD Image back up folder . Then tried to flash new image by image manager but message come error.
Please help

machare
22-11-18, 00:18
If you have installed Vix, to install for example ATV, go to menu/Setup/Vix/Image manager select the ATV zip file which you should have put in your backup image directory and then press the blue Flash button. After another button press you will then be asked to select where you want the image put. The box will load the image and boot it. In Vix you can boot another image by selecting Menu/Standby and Restart/Multiboot and then choosing then image you want to boot. ATV and PLI are very much the same.

twol
22-11-18, 08:10
If you have installed Vix, to install for example ATV, go to menu/Setup/Vix/Image manager select the ATV zip file which you should have put in your backup image directory and then press the blue Flash button. After another button press you will then be asked to select where you want the image put. The box will load the image and boot it. In Vix you can boot another image by selecting Menu/Standby and Restart/Multiboot and then choosing then image you want to boot. ATV and PLI are very much the same.or long press the power button and you will see a list of the restart options