PDA

View Full Version : [ET10x00] Recording list names truncated

IAmATeaf
05-11-18, 21:36
Just noticed that the name of recordings are being truncated. Any ideas how/why/when?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181105/0e388e8f0cb2540a6c7d36cff0ac1b0a.jpg

abu baniaz
05-11-18, 21:44
I'm pretty sure that has been caused by a bug fix by Simon Capewell. The duration in the middle of screen wasn't there before (please correct me if I'm wrong). This has taken up some space.

IAmATeaf
05-11-18, 22:18
Oh right, I never really noticed the addition of the duration. Just checked the menu options and it doesn’t look like the duration can be disabled.

abu baniaz
05-11-18, 22:49
Not sure the extended date details add any value

adm
05-11-18, 23:58
I'm pretty sure that has been caused by a bug fix by Simon Capewell. The duration in the middle of screen wasn't there before (please correct me if I'm wrong). This has taken up some space.

What bug? The correct duration information was already there on the right hand side of the screen (just above the content description) when highlighting the program! It's now reported twice!

birdman
06-11-18, 02:45
Oh right, I never really noticed the addition of the duration. Just checked the menu options and it doesn’t look like the duration can be disabled.It can, but the option is in the wrong menu (I'm hoping to change this...).
Instead of being in the Settings for a Movie Selection list it's in the Recording & playback system menu.

birdman
06-11-18, 02:47
What bug? The correct duration information was already there on the right hand side of the screen (just above the content description) when highlighting the program! It's now reported twice!Well, no. It's reported for every recording in the list, but only the current one on the R/h side.
It was added when sort-by-duration was added.

IAmATeaf
06-11-18, 10:32
Looks worse when browsing the contents of my NAS as the duration for all content is blank so a massive gap between the truncated name and the date.

IAmATeaf
08-11-18, 15:10
Using Birdmans suggestion above I’ve disabled the length option and all looks well.