PDA

View Full Version : Octagon SF8008 Kodi

ngc.ie
05-11-18, 16:36
Hello, Anyone experience using Kodi on the SF8008?
I have updated to the latest Openvix 5 2 006 and still have a background issue with Kodi where the screen does not use the entire TV screen and I am left with a small surround border of the previous TV channel (still image) the moment I opened Kodi.
I have played around with settings in Kodi minimized black bars 20%/zoom etc. but then left with a stretched image and tried calibrating video but this only calibrates it within the Kodi screen size the border still exists.
anyone had similar experience, do you think is it a Kodi settings issue I should be able to fix through the Kodi settings menu or is it a driver/image issue?
any info or advice would be appreciated.

Sicilian
05-11-18, 17:38
IIRC you need to wait for next OpenViX release, pretty sure already fixed in latest OpenATV.

ngc.ie
05-11-18, 18:12
thank you very much, I was not sure on this I will just leave it be until then.

irfyd
05-11-18, 18:27
its not fully fixed on openatv still see a much smaller border. Hope it gets sorted tho.

Arion
05-11-18, 19:32
I had that problem as well but only with 4:3 video playback. I fixed it by going into the video menu and selecting 'stretched' or 'fill the screen' and then the 4:3 playback was fine. My problem might not be the same as yours though. Mine was only with standard definition 4:3 videos. The high definition 16:9 videos played well on initial install. With mine it played back as a very small box near the upper left hand corner of the screen with the previous video overlay in the background. To reiterate I did fix it within the Kodi video playback settings and not the SF8008 system video settings as I already had that set to scale 4:3 videos.

irfyd
05-11-18, 19:42
just flashed to latest OpenATV 05/11 testing some 4k stuff. most still have background issue. drivers are dated 01/11. You can use stretch on player menu settings but it doesn't look as good. Just need clean black bars with no background image.

Miracle1980
07-11-18, 22:15
Hello guys, I also would like to have this issue fixed...do you think it will possible to have a permanent fix?
I bought the SF8008 mainly to get rid of any other box in order to have a single solution for satellite and media player.
Is the problem affecting only this model?
Do you guys know if there is another image that has already the kodi problem fixed?

Andy_Hazza
08-11-18, 06:41
You could try messaging Octagon-Germany on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sicilian
08-11-18, 06:54
I've just reported the bug, must admit I hadn't fired up kodi for a couple of weeks, must have started recently.

Sicilian
08-11-18, 07:12
I've just deleted the hidden .kodi file on my USB stick and re-setup Kodi. I can no longer replicate the issue. I'll keep on testing it.

Sicilian
08-11-18, 07:53
Replicated and video of issue sent to octagon.

Miracle1980
08-11-18, 08:28
Replicated and video of issue sent to octagon.

Thanks a lot Sicilian. Please keep us updated on this one.
Just a question: you wrote in the previous post to use an usb stick with this decoder, any good reason for that?
I have everything installed on the decoder only.

Thanks

Andy_Hazza
08-11-18, 08:48
Thanks a lot Sicilian. Please keep us updated on this one.
Just a question: you wrote in the previous post to use an usb stick with this decoder, any good reason for that?
I have everything installed on the decoder only.

Thanks

If that includes having the epg data stored to your internal flash, that is a no no go. You will end up with issues longterm so best having your epg data stored to either ausb flash drive, external hdd or if not using as a multiboot receiver store to an sd card.

Miracle1980
09-11-18, 12:23
I am trying also with the Pure E2 image but the issue is still there (i also noticed that the videos are not so smooth as they should be...)
I noticed that there is a newer version of OpenVix for the SF8008...any good news for KODI?

Thanks

Sicilian
09-11-18, 12:50
I am trying also with the Pure E2 image but the issue is still there (i also noticed that the videos are not so smooth as they should be...)
I noticed that there is a newer version of OpenVix for the SF8008...any good news for KODI?

Thanks

Earlier images did not have the bug, software engineers are aware of it and it will be fixed very soon.

Miracle1980
09-11-18, 15:22
Good to hear that! Do you guys know if subtitles are working with this Kodi plugin? I mean...if i have the subtitle file in the movie folder or embedded into the file, will it work?
Because it doesn't seem to work for me...

twol
10-11-18, 09:57
Following applled to OE-A today (Saturday morning)

[sf8008] fix kodi transparent to e2 channel video
[sf8008] fixed problem of video aspect changed after gui restart

So in next OpenViX release build or OpenATV overnight build available tomorrow.

Sicilian
10-11-18, 10:02
I'll update dev builds now and try to get release builds done overnight.

Octagon-Germany
10-11-18, 14:07
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?60194-New-drivers-for-SF8008

Arion
10-11-18, 14:31
FWIW there was an issue for me with multiple images that Kodi would quit launching after awhile. I'd hit the plugin and it would try to launch and would just return to the existing video/audio channel I was previously on. I did load up the PurE2 image and most of the trouble I was having was done away with. I think that image is compiled in Germany and since it's a German receiver perhaps this image is the best one currently? Only suggestion I would make is for the compilers to include the western satellites in the default satellites.xml list as it comes with only satellites that can be viewed from Europe. No problem though it was easy enough to FTP into the box and load up a satellite list viewable from north America.

twol
10-11-18, 14:44
FWIW there was an issue for me with multiple images that Kodi would quit launching after awhile. I'd hit the plugin and it would try to launch and would just return to the existing video/audio channel I was previously on. I did load up the PurE2 image and most of the trouble I was having was done away with. I think that image is compiled in Germany and since it's a German receiver perhaps this image is the best one currently? Only suggestion I would make is for the compilers to include the western satellites in the default satellites.xml list as it comes with only satellites that can be viewed from Europe. No problem though it was easy enough to FTP into the box and load up a satellite list viewable from north America.

Nothing to do with a "German" image and "German" product! - quite a few of these images are supported by the same people across several teams

Miracle1980
10-11-18, 22:55
Do you guys know if subtitles are working with this Kodi plugin? I mean...if i have the subtitle file in the movie folder or embedded into the file, will it work?
Because it doesn't seem to work for me...

Anyone? Is it possible?

Miracle1980
14-11-18, 19:48
Guys thank you for the support. I managed to delete the kodi folder and now the full screen problem has been fixed.
Now I have the very last issue. All the videos are having some kind of stuttering. I think i have tried all the possible options in playback and video settings.
Please check the video below as example of what I mean. It's clearly visible if you start watching from 1.10 till the end.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xED...w?usp=drivesdk

Any idea? If this will be fixed I can finally use it as media center!

Sicilian
14-11-18, 19:50
Next release build has more patches for kodi.

twol
15-11-18, 15:11
Guys thank you for the support. I managed to delete the kodi folder and now the full screen problem has been fixed.
Now I have the very last issue. All the videos are having some kind of stuttering. I think i have tried all the possible options in playback and video settings.
Please check the video below as example of what I mean. It's clearly visible if you start watching from 1.10 till the end.

May be your issue ----- buffer overflow issue on video (gstreamer1.0-plugin-multibox-dvbmediasink so not just sf8008), was fixed overnight, so in OpenATV overnight build or next OpenViX versionl

Miracle1980
15-11-18, 16:17
Wow...i hope so! I will try and report back. Thanks

ngc.ie
18-11-18, 22:18
Yes they appear for me on some movies

ngc.ie
18-11-18, 22:21
Anyone? Is it possible?

Yes the subtitles appear for me on some movies so I guess there embedded into the files. not sure about the subtitle file I usually delete them.

ngc.ie
19-11-18, 20:10

"I messed up quoting your comment in the driver thread"... but I was asking you how noticeable is it, is it only the slightest?.
Its now watchable for me seems ok but I probably need to watch more file types to know for sure.... your spoiled for choice with this box!