PDA

View Full Version : [SF8008] Possible image bug?

Arion
04-11-18, 14:19
Hi all;

I purchased this receiver from the sponsor and had it shipped to the U.S. So far it's a great receiver and I like it. I have always used OpenPLI on my other boxes and flashed with OpenVix as the other image doesn't support this box [I hate OpenAtv myself] and I've run into a little problem.

The radio/tv button on the remote doesn't seem to be working the way it should. I've scanned transponders on multiple satellites that have both radio and tv programs and have already set up a radio bouquet of favorites. Normally when you would push the radio/tv button obviously you go from radio to tv. For some reason if I'm on a radio station and push the button I do go to TV but it won't go back to radio again by pushing the button either with a short push or a long [hold] push.

If I access the receiver from my computer over the Lan all the radio channels are in there just fine and I can also make all the changes that I want thru dreambox edit so I know they are there but I just can't switch from TV back to radio channels for some strange reason. I thought that perhaps I had munged Vix so I did a reflash and started over from scratch and not resetting the existing database and scanned a satellite having both radio/tv and it's the same deal.

I've done a work around for now and selected a radio channel as the default service for either a restart or wake from standby so I can still access my radio channels but once I go back to TV I can't access the radio channels again.

Any ideas??

Arion
04-11-18, 14:22
Also....just read the sticky thread on other info I need to add. Figures...should of read that first. I'm at work now so I might have to flesh it out later. I'm not on the default skin. There are three or four skins without downloading more and I'm on the third one.

In addition the only other plugin that I've installed other than the ones the image comes with is the Kodi plugin.

twol
04-11-18, 16:41
Menu/setup/User Interface/Button Setup
Press TV/Radio button
Down cursor to InfoBar open it up and select Radio & TV
Save (green button) & exit
Should now work.

Arion
04-11-18, 20:26
That did it. Thank you very much. No bug....user error. I would of thought that a fresh reflash would of reset that button but I guess not.

Thanks again!

twol
04-11-18, 20:45
That did it. Thank you very much. No bug....user error. I would of thought that a fresh reflash would of reset that button but I guess not.

Thanks again!
Actually, No .... its obviously not setup so you need to do so to have the normal TV/Radio switch.....I will see if I can find out why its not as default.