PDA

View Full Version : Poor EPG on Vix 1.1

Cougar
01-02-11, 14:41
Hi Guys
Can anyone tell me how I can improve the EPG listings on my VU solo vix 1.1 image.
I'm on Astra 28.2 and have all the sly channels but apart from BBC1 I only get a maximum of two program listings per channel, on some channels I get nothing until I actually start watching the channel.
Is there an epg uptate I can download?

pooface
01-02-11, 16:06
Hi Guys
Can anyone tell me how I can improve the EPG listings on my VU solo vix 1.1 image.
I'm on Astra 28.2 and have all the sly channels but apart from BBC1 I only get a maximum of two program listings per channel, on some channels I get nothing until I actually start watching the channel.
Is there an epg uptate I can download?

Press blue -> vix menu

Then, select either to use ryvix or crossepg. From here, you can choose how to download the epg data. crossepg can use either rytec sources, xepgdb sources or opentv (satellite) sources. I use crossepg for uk, and download it from the sat. RyVix can use either rytec sources, or satmate source (satmate is same as crossepg, i.e. satellite, but downloaded from the net, as they were pre-downloaded by satmate).

Cougar
02-02-11, 10:20
Hi
I tried both of these these, but it still lacks a lot of EPG's like the Sly Sp*rts etc. To get a 'now and next' epg, I need to switch over to the channel to display the epg.
It really is a pain, especially when I want to do a timer recording6 hours ahead using the EPG.

pooface
02-02-11, 11:20
Hi
I tried both of these these, but it still lacks a lot of EPG's like the Sly Sp*rts etc. To get a 'now and next' epg, I need to switch over to the channel to display the epg.
It really is a pain, especially when I want to do a timer recording6 hours ahead using the EPG.

Something obviously isn't working right for you. Have you manually run it? See what happens then?

Ojustaboo
02-02-11, 12:37
My EPG often acts odd with my Duo, regardless of whether I'm using rytec or crossepg, and regardless of whether I'm using Satmate or rytec sources.

I've got it set to auto update at 6am, often I can come down at say 8am and some of the epg is missing, a simple manual download of the same epg that was supposed to auto download 2 hrs previously fixes things.

Often I can download say Satman and it will have details etc of certain channels that Rytec doesn't, but will be missing details of some of those that rytec does etc.

Sometimes if I want to find out what's on TV, I find it easier using a tv guide on my Ipod or PC than the duo epg