PDA

View Full Version : Stuck after flashing

hasnath
01-11-18, 22:10
Absolutely no chance of a clone here as I bought direct from world of satellite, but after a software update from 5.2.004 to 5.2.006 it hangs after the initial splash screen. I've tried various usb images but still no luck.

Any pointers or things to try?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

cactikid
01-11-18, 22:21
When you say it hangs meaning nothing happens and no control of remote?

E2 boxes can be fussy with usb sticks and have they been formatted to fat 32 and image extracted to usb? i use kingston,cruzer and integral 8 gb in size with no issues.

Have you followed the flashing guide for the solo2 and box powered off before inserting/removing usb stick and is there a button that needs pressing to start the flashing?

birdman
01-11-18, 22:42
Have you followed the flashing guide for the solo2 and box powered off before inserting/removing usb stick and is there a button that needs pressing to start the flashing?This was said to be a software update, so no USB flashing involved.

cactikid
01-11-18, 22:57
But he added no luck with usb images.

hasnath
01-11-18, 23:01
Thanks guys all sorted. Thanks for your advice!

I downloaded the file using my phone which was causing the problem. Surprised the flashing process still went through and finished.

So I used my laptop this time and that did the trick with the same USB stick.

abu baniaz
02-11-18, 00:09
Why did you flash instead of update?

hasnath
02-11-18, 00:23
I actually used update first but it hung, after half an hour I rebooted and tried flashing via usb and got stuck
Why did you flash instead of update?