PDA

View Full Version : can i install catseyes channel list over....

moogwai
01-02-11, 11:23
can i install catseyes channel list over my current channel list and won't lose my settings?
have made my own bouquets using his channel list.
vix 1.3, one fixed dish and 1 motorised.

Larry-G
01-02-11, 11:24
when you transfer a bouquet pack it wipes the previous one from your receiver.

moogwai
01-02-11, 12:09
ok....so if i back up my current bouquets and install catseyes update then reinstall my own bouquets that should work...shouldn't it?

Larry-G
01-02-11, 12:10
you will loose every thing from the previous setup as the new files delete then overwrite the old ones.

moogwai
01-02-11, 12:12
so i would have to go through the trauma of doing my bouquets again?

Larry-G
01-02-11, 12:19
yes you would.
you can merge yours with other bouquets using a editor such as dreamboxedit however.

moogwai
01-02-11, 12:49
ok mate thanks....all this just to get a new channel with new drama that the wife wants to watch!! lol.

Larry-G
01-02-11, 12:54
just scan for it manually then add it in using DBE thats the easiest way.

rickyblanes
01-02-11, 18:40
Why do i get a message DATEI NICHT GEFUNDEN when I try to load the latest Catseye setting to my DB800. All other times have had no problem,,

Stanman
01-02-11, 19:14
Are you using the right engima version? as it is saying file not found

rickyblanes
01-02-11, 20:00
Enigma2 as always

dfdream
01-02-11, 22:09
I too cant upload these settings downloaded from here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?42-Catseye-Enigma2-Settings-file-75-East-to-58-West&p=45647&viewfull=1#post45647

Had to revert to my saved files.

Why do i get a message DATEI NICHT GEFUNDEN when I try to load the latest Catseye setting to my DB800. All other times have had no problem,,

DrProzac
01-02-11, 22:22
I get that error if I load a settings file in (say a motorized bouquet) over a single boquet selection.
Only way I found it load the large selection first and then import the smaller selection.

Sicilian
02-02-11, 08:31
I too cant upload these settings downloaded from here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?42-Catseye-Enigma2-Settings-file-75-East-to-58-West&p=45647&viewfull=1#post45647

Had to revert to my saved files.

I just downloaded and uploaded to my Duo this morning, all fine.

rickyblanes
02-02-11, 09:13
Any other programs to upload the settings,I am using the latest Dreamboxedit..

Sicilian
02-02-11, 09:18

Dreamset is another good editor http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?4714-Dreamset-Editorv2.32

Larry-G
02-02-11, 10:09

there are a good few to choose from, such as.

EnigmEdit
Dreamset
DreamboxEdit
OpenDBEdit

dfdream
02-02-11, 11:04
Would the fact that I have DVB-T tuner with some channels added into my SAT Channel bouquets that Im trying to import into the new catseye bouquets cause n issue.
I have also some personalised bouquets that I copied over.

Maybe I should upload the catseye bouquets first and then download and edit.

Finally will uploading the catseye bouquets for Motorised have any impact on terestrial.xml or channels stored for DVB-t or will I have to rescan DVB-T once catseye bouquets are uploaded as the old DVB-t stuff will get wiped.

Sicilian
02-02-11, 11:06
Would the fact that I have DVB-T tuner with some channels added into my SAT Channel bouquets that Im trying to import into the new catseye bouquets cause n issue.
I have also some personalised bouquets that I copied over.

Maybe I should upload the catseye bouquets first and then download and edit.

Finally will uploading the catseye bouquets for Motorised have any impact on terestrial.xml or channels stored for DVB-t or will I have to rescan DVB-T once catseye bouquets are uploaded as the old DVB-t stuff will get wiped.

Open your existing settings/bouquet with Dreamset, then copy and paste the Terrestrial bouquet in the new catseye settings http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?411-How-to-copy-and-paste-bouquets-from-different-settings-packs