PDA

View Full Version : FTP possible on Gigablue UHD Quad 4K?

Deanr1977
25-10-18, 01:26
Just wondering if FTP is working or possible on this box & if so anyone got a guide or wanna help me out? What username & password is needed (if needed at all)? Because It worked fine when I had a Zgemma H2S to transfer files via FTP from my laptop but don't seem to work the same on the Gigablue? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance people

abu baniaz
25-10-18, 02:21
username = root
password = blank/none. Some FTP applications require one though. So use anything.

FTP works the same, no matter what the receiver.

Deanr1977
26-10-18, 04:19
I think there maybe a fault with my box, just received it on Monday but it wont FTP at all & tried everything but just wont have any of it?

Sicilian
26-10-18, 07:17
I think there maybe a fault with my box, just received it on Monday but it wont FTP at all & tried everything but just wont have any of it?

Will not be faulty.

If you can access online plugin feeds the receiver will not be faulty. Menu > Plugins > Press Green to download > Do you see the plugin browser?

Check that your trying to connect to the correct IP address using Filezilla. User = root, password left blank.

Menu > Information > Network you can view your IP address.
Menu > Setup > Network > Utilities > FTP > Check FTP is actually running.

If you can't still connect reboots router, network switch whatever you have. Also do a re-flash and check FTP prior to adding ANYTHING extra.