PDA

View Full Version : Trying to restore all settings

Likvid
01-02-11, 02:19
This is actually the first time i am trying to restore all my settings when i flashed a new image but it doesn't work at all.

I made a backup of all files in /etc/enigma2 and then flashed a new image and then restored the files back to /etc/enigma2 and did a reboot of the box.

When i watch the Tuner configuration it still says "Not configured" despite i have 34 satellites in my settings file.

What is going on with this? am i doing something wrong?

Sicilian
01-02-11, 08:17
This don't always work. Say your using OpenPLi then you flash with ViX the restore of settings wont work. Images are too different.

Donnie
01-02-11, 09:57
I have always used software manager and never had a problem, the most important thing is to boot your image and then use the advanced restore and that way you can pick the correct backup file if you have more than one.

buz
01-02-11, 11:15
Am I right in thinking that to restore an image backup of vix 1.3 that you first have to install the basic image and then go into software management and restore the backup?

Sicilian
01-02-11, 12:07
I have always used software manager and never had a problem, the most important thing is to boot your image and then use the advanced restore and that way you can pick the correct backup file if you have more than one.

Restoring a backup of settings from ViX to Openpli defo didn't work for me.

Likvid
01-02-11, 12:14
I went from Blackhole 1.4.3 to 1.4.4 so it should be the same.

Donnie
01-02-11, 14:21
Restoring a backup of settings from ViX to Openpli defo didn't work for me.
The only reason for it not to work would be if your settings files or xml file had a different destination folder.
As with all editors such as dreamset or dreambox edit those files should always end up in the same place.
All the software manager does it use the files you select and create a tar ball for you to restore with.
Very strange Sic.

Likvid
01-02-11, 16:20
No i backup manually but i took the same files as the software manager backup so there is no difference.

You really don't need the software manager for backup as the files to backup are pretty obvious, everything from /etc/enigma2 and then /etc/network/interfaces and then /etc/hostname and /etc/resolv.conf

After i flashed 1.4.4 i uploaded all files back to /etc/enigma2 and rebooted, nothing happens.