PDA

View Full Version : Adding a second Dual VU+ DVB-S2

xyster
20-10-18, 01:21
Hi,

I recently had sky+HD and cancelled. For recording freesat I got myself a Vu+ Duo2 which has one Dual VU+ DVB-S2 card - the 2 connectors from my standard sky dish go to the 2 connections on the Dual VU+ DVB-S2. If I was to buy and install a second Dual VU+ DVB-S2 card, would I need to route another double cable from the LNB on the sky dish to the 2 connectors on the new card?

Please forgive my lack of knowledge. I'm new to this stuff

Sicilian
20-10-18, 04:24
Yes correct, each input will need a feed from LNB.

abu baniaz
20-10-18, 14:00
Or you could use a unicable LNB and use splitters. Have a look at the unicable section.

xyster
20-10-18, 21:58
Great, thanks for the info guys, much appreciated

bellejt
21-10-18, 09:39
or you set them as same (equal) as A and B.But then you can only record in same transponders as A and B are used.

abu baniaz
21-10-18, 10:22
or you set them as same (equal) as A and B.But then you can only record in same transponders as A and B are used.

That is wrong.

Equal means same. So would need same/equal cabling attached.

You are thinking of loop through.

bellejt
21-10-18, 10:28
yes thats what it was. Just mentioned it wrong :) cause my box is set in dutch .THX

abu baniaz
21-10-18, 14:13
With two signal wires and two twin tuner cards (i.e. 4 tuners), using a universal LNB, connect one wire to tuner A, another to tuner C. Configure those as simple, single, 28.2.

Configure tuner B as being looped to A.
Configure tuner D as being looped to C.

This is second best to having individual signal wires.

xyster
21-10-18, 17:16
I had a look at the existing LNB, it's a standard Sky+HD installation. From what I can see from the ground, it looks like a quad LNB. it has 3 pairs of free holes in the bottom. I rough measured and i'll need 21 meters of cable so i'll buy 25 with the 4 connectors. It seems an easy enough job to install a second twin cable without disturbing the dish too much.