PDA

View Full Version : vu+ ultimo 4k update problem

roadrunner08
18-10-18, 21:31
currently on vix 5.2.001 i am trying to do a update from the menu to 5.2.002

on clicking update and reboot, it trys to back up settings and gets stuck @81/100

i have tried 3-4 times and it always gets stuck @81% at least i think its getting stuck,

on my other box which is a gigablue HD quad plus it takes a mere few secons to back the settings up

can any one shed any light on how long it should take, or a reason as to why its hanging on 81%

thnaks

twol
18-10-18, 21:34
The settings normally take no time, but noticed it can take a while with the plugins (and I don‘t use many)

roadrunner08
18-10-18, 22:17
i do have a full kodi build on which is about 500mb and a couple of other plug ins like dream plex etc

going to try again and leave it 10 mins should be more than enough to back up if its going to complete

EDIT: let it a while, it timed out and gave me a error on backing up settings, but then went straight to upgrage and updated anyway, so i got what i wanted in the end lol

Huevos
18-10-18, 22:38
i do have a full kodi build on which is about 500mb and a couple of other plug ins like dream plex etc

going to try again and leave it 10 mins should be more than enough to back up if its going to complete

EDIT: let it a while, it timed out and gave me a error on backing up settings, but then went straight to upgrage and updated anyway, so i got what i wanted in the end lol

I believe there is a 12 second timeout on plugins update.

Trial
19-10-18, 07:41
Hi,
it does not matter how big a plugin is because settings backup only stores the names of the needed packages. Full Kodi is normally around 50MB.

I would say enable debug log, reboot box try upgrade again. If it does not work try only backup with the backup manager. Then post the debug log here.

ciao