PDA

View Full Version : Freezing picture

Confused.com
15-10-18, 11:47
I have now had a couple of instances where the picture has frozen and the sound has carried on, my fix was a reboot but this is a annoying fix as it interrupts any recording or would do if it was, any help out there for this?
It is not a regular thing but has happened twice in a month the last time being on BBC 1 hd not sure of the first time it happened.

john doe
15-10-18, 12:32
what is your setup? iptv, sat/cable? freezing doesn't happen on BBC1, unless using iptv

Confused.com
15-10-18, 16:49
My set up is sat I do have iptv and expect occasional freezing/buffering from that, the difference in this sat bbc1 hd freeze is that the sound carries on!!

Willo3092
15-10-18, 17:10
I had exactly the same problem and removing IPTV resolved it. Not sure if there's a fix for it though. I'm happy enough with FTA.

Andy_Hazza
15-10-18, 18:25
My set up is sat I do have iptv and expect occasional freezing/buffering from that, the difference in this sat bbc1 hd freeze is that the sound carries on!!

Reflash the receiver and test just with Sky FTA channels. Don’t use any backup restores, set up as new and don’t add any additional plugins. Then test the FTA channels for a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confused.com
15-01-19, 12:16
Hi Andy
Just to update you on the freezing issue, I did all that you suggested with some degree of success I eventually reflashed to OpenAtv 6.2 and as I was keeping the Iptv wooshbuild infinity !! I still got the occasional freeze and it didn't matter what channel was on so I tried a few other things one being clearing all the recordings and not using the hard drive for recordings and it didn't freeze in this period.
The box was a refurbished one when I got it and I know no history of the hdd as it was in it ,Hitachi 500gb, going forward I have got a brand new Toshiba 500gb which I am going to fit in the next few days and I'm hoping this will be the fix!!

twol
15-01-19, 12:25
Nice to get feedback!
I believe when you use a modified build such as wooshbuild, you have to accept issues - I would be interested if you received the same support from wooshbuild as on this forum - sometimes its better to take an image (such as OpenViX) and learn how to add features.
Then when things go wrong its easier to try and resolve the issue.

Confused.com
15-01-19, 13:14
Hi
I did try most things with openvix before reflashing, although the problem is still there it is down to once a week and not daily and hopefully cured with the hard drive!! You are right with regards to support but when you don't get any you try harder!! The infinity build is self maintaining and is more user friendly with regards to plugins and Iptv and I would definitely recommend it for any one with this in mind.