PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo and Hard drive

thegalaxyboy
31-01-11, 10:36
Making good progress with my new VU+ Duo box.

An issue I can't seem to fix is, having added a new Western Digital 1tb Green (W10EARS) hdd and then starting the system up, I get the TV screen flicker showing me it's 720p (normal) and then when it's suppose to flicker again to go to 1080i (which is what I have set on the box) all I get is a black screen. And infront of the VU+ box lcd screen it just displays "VU+ Duo". I can't put it to standby and it doesn't repsond to any other remote commands so a switch off action is required.

The worring thing is, in one case having removed the drive and then restarting the box I wasn't getting any output from HDMi. So I reflashed and still no output, but flashing for the third time and using the SCART lead it came up. I then configured the HDMi port from the scart connection and all looks to be working (minus the new hdd being attached) through the HDMi.

I have checked the hdd connections and all look to be secure. Can someone please advise what could be causing this? I have also tested the hard drive in a windows 7 pc (ntfs format) and no errors have been reported.

Thanks for your help. Running VIX 1.3

thegalaxyboy
31-01-11, 12:42
Hello,

Just found this on this forum and the symptons look familiar....-
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5732-New-owner-and-box-wont-boot

Seems odd that the hard drive works fine on my desktop. I will probably need to get hold of another SATA 3.5" HDD. Does anyone know whether the unit and the VIX 1.3 image supports 2tb Samsung Ecofriendly HDD?

Thanks.

pooface
31-01-11, 13:04
Hello,

Just found this on this forum and the symptons look familiar....-
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5732-New-owner-and-box-wont-boot

Seems odd that the hard drive works fine on my desktop. I will probably need to get hold of another SATA 3.5" HDD. Does anyone know whether the unit and the VIX 1.3 image supports 2tb Samsung Ecofriendly HDD?

Thanks.

It might be the fact that the wd has a feature in it (can't remember what it's called), and there's a jumper that you can set to make it legacy (or something), and it will work fine then... I'm sure someone else with more info can help...

Just to let you know though, I have a 2tb samsung HD203WI in my duo, and that's working fine (I do have it set to 2 x 1tb partitions, as I used to have problems when going over 1tb in size, although that might've been a driver issue which is now rectified :confused:)