PDA

View Full Version : VU+ SOLO2 stuck on please wait screen after flashing

johnofchangue
14-10-18, 10:00
Hi there

I am very new to VU+ and need some help.

This is a genuine VU+ SOLO2.

I tried reflashing it with the latest Openvix image. I followed the correct procedure (although I did not do a backup).

Now after flashin it boots to the Openvis image then on to please wait.

I have used the HP format utility.

I have tried 5 different USB sticks SANDISK 2GB also other non branded 4GB, 8GB, 16GB drives.

However all with the same result.

A point to note is that I have to use the rear USB ports to flash as all of the USB sticks are not recognised by the front port.

Any ideas to help a novice?

Sicilian
14-10-18, 10:42
How long are you actually waiting for it to boot? Does it actually compete the flashing process?

johnofchangue
14-10-18, 11:56
Yes it completes the flashing process. It says finished then rebooting them starting.

Then when starting it sees the usb again and says Update - Press power button 3 times and then starts to boot up.

It then displays the Openvix splash screen and then please wait. I leave it on screen for a number of minutes but nothing changes. I try pressing the menu button on the remote and nothing happens.

There is no HDD and no other USBs plugged in.

I tried also flashing Vix 3.0.808 on the off chance it was a clone. But the same thing happens.

A bit stumped.

ccs
14-10-18, 12:04
Try powering off, removing the usb, and then switching back on.

johnofchangue
14-10-18, 12:05
Yes I tried that same result

Andy_Hazza
14-10-18, 12:26
Flash again with ViX 5.2.001. After the flashing procedure has completed, and the front display says rebooting in 9, 8, 7 seconds etc, pull the usb stick out and see what happens on reboot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccs
14-10-18, 12:39
Flash again with ViX 5.2.001. After the flashing procedure has completed, and the front display says rebooting in 9, 8, 7 seconds etc, pull the usb stick out and see what happens on reboot.
I've always wondered when it's the best/safest time to remove the stick after a usb flash, (before the auto reboot).

cactikid
14-10-18, 12:48
I played it safe and powered off box as nervous with usb also.What time is taken after box is powered on from rear for wizard to appear is it 60 - 90 secs normally on this fast box?

johnofchangue
14-10-18, 13:45

I have done some further work and managed to flash it with Openvix version 3.0.540 if I try any later versions it hangs.

Does this mean it is a clone?

Andy_Hazza
14-10-18, 13:55
Can you now try using IM (Image Manager) while on that build. Press Blue button > ViX > IM > Yellow button > highlight and download 5.2.001. After download has completed, press the Red button then hight ViX 5.2.001 you have just downloaded, press the Blue button to flash and say Yes on next prompt.

johnofchangue
14-10-18, 14:09
Hi

I tried s you suggested. I got into the Image Manager used the yellow button to get to downloads but there were no images available to download? So I couldn't selec Vix 5.2.001?

dsayers
14-10-18, 14:13
Download the image then send the full zip file to media/hdd/imagemanager then flash via imagemanager

Andy_Hazza
14-10-18, 14:16
Sorry I misread your previous post. I didn’t realise you were on 3.0 Image.
3.0 was clone friendly yes, right up to ViX Apollo 021 I think. After that all images won’t work on cloned receivers. What ViX image did you have prior to trying 5.2.001?

johnofchangue
14-10-18, 14:20
Hi

I did not have any. I bought the box fromm Ebay a couple of days ago and the seller assured all buyers it was genuine.

I have checked things like the Mac address (which seems genuine) although I know that can be altered.

It has holes on the fan the correct markings on the motherboard, the correct blue spade terminals, the magnet on the front door. So cosmetically it seems ok. However it seems that it will only load clone friendly images.

So I will get on to Ebay and get it returned and my money refunded

Many thanks for your help

john doe
14-10-18, 20:27
as andy says, if it works on the old version of vix then probably a clone. what image did it come with?

world-of-satellite.co.uk
15-10-18, 07:00
We have the Solo2 on pre-order at the moment, new stock coming in a week or so: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/vu-plus/VU-Solo-2-Solo2-Twin-Tuner-DVB-S2-HD-Enigma2-Linux-Satellite-Receiver

If budget is the issue we also have the great spec Tiviar Alpha+: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/tiviar/tiviar-alpha-plus