PDA

View Full Version : Help with IPTV epg

mr.raw
09-10-18, 19:04
Got this box today. Not too bad. Stalker portal works, but the epg in the programme guide seems to be hit and miss.
Anyone know how to fix this?
Many thanks.

if i am on the channel and push epg button it's there , but its also supposed to be in the right hand side of the picture I've attached.

Many thanks.

mr.raw
09-10-18, 22:56
Well it's all working now. Not a bad box for the money. MAG portal works. Totally different to a mag in layout and menu's but not too bad for the price.
Wish i could find a decent arrangement already done for the channels on freeview. Don't fancy doing it manually:)

danny121pt
10-10-18, 12:01
Well it's all working now. Not a bad box for the money. MAG portal works. Totally different to a mag in layout and menu's but not too bad for the price.
Wish i could find a decent arrangement already done for the channels on freeview. Don't fancy doing it manually:)

If have an enigma2 box, just scan ABM on FreeSat or Sky To Free Air or whatever you use, then can back up settings via echanneliser/dreamboxedit and restore via usb on Octagon SX88, plus other easier ways also.

Also check out Octagons-Forum its german but can translate as some info there also.

mr.raw
10-10-18, 12:03
If have an enigma2 box, just scan ABM on FreeSat or Sky To Free Air or whatever you use, then can back up settings via echanneliser/dreamboxedit and restore via usb on Octagon SX88, plus other easier ways also.

Also check out Octagons-Forum its german but can translate as some info there also.

I have edison box i can use but what a ballache lol.

danny121pt
10-10-18, 13:14
I have edison box i can use but what a ballache lol.

Probably an easier way, when someone sent me a SX88 to play with, I literally.

Scanned Sky UK FTA only, backed up settings for /etc/enigma2 then restored on SX88
Added Mag Portals within Stalker.
Updated to latest firmware, added WebTV (currently 4 Movies/Tv shows plugins and also Plex via pin connect if want own home server on it, not great but plays)
Added some stuff via Xtream-Api connects and M3Us.

Once all set up, for £40/£50 whatever they are now, played iptv very good, pic was good on Sat side and friend who uses for scanning multi sats liked it also.

I no long have it, as was just a test unit and was a waste me keeping it, so gave it back.

mr.raw
10-10-18, 13:18
Probably an easier way, when someone sent me a SX88 to play with, I literally.

Scanned Sky UK FTA only, backed up settings for /etc/enigma2 then restored on SX88
Added Mag Portals within Stalker.
Updated to latest firmware, added WebTV (currently 4 Movies/Tv shows plugins and also Plex via pin connect if want own home server on it, not great but plays)
Added some stuff via Xtream-Api connects and M3Us.

Once all set up, for £40/£50 whatever they are now, played iptv very good, pic was good on Sat side and friend who uses for scanning multi sats liked it also.

I no long have it, as was just a test unit and was a waste me keeping it, so gave it back.

How did you run plex mate? Was it via a plugin or just webpage?
Also webtv apps seem to be Turkish and german only. Is that right?
Xtream works but does not have any epg which is odd.

Stalker portal works flawlessly mind.

Sicilian
11-10-18, 09:53
If you want a decent IPTV app, Kodi, Plex with proper TV layout I'd take a look at the Golden Interstar G-200, only £64.95: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/golden-interstar/golden-interstar-g-200

danny121pt
11-10-18, 11:48
How did you run plex mate? Was it via a plugin or just webpage?
Also webtv apps seem to be Turkish and german only. Is that right?
Xtream works but does not have any epg which is odd.

Stalker portal works flawlessly mind.

Plex and latest movies/tv show plugins was in latest update in WebTV when I looked.

mr.raw
11-10-18, 12:19
Cheers for replying.It's not on the sx88+ at the moment .

mr.raw
11-10-18, 12:21
If you want a decent IPTV app, Kodi, Plex with proper TV layout I'd take a look at the Golden Interstar G-200, only £64.95: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/golden-interstar/golden-interstar-g-200

To be honest I have a shield and Edison triple . This was more as a toy/testing etc.
Appreciate the reply. That g200 does look good though.