PDA

View Full Version : Flashing new 5.2. Image

icemen
06-10-18, 10:03
Hi guyz
I thinking of flashing the new image today, currently on the last 5.1.0.33 image. Just before i start i want to get everything in order. I will flash via a usb stick. Things to do first.
Backup image
Backup settings

Then reflash, hopfully will ask if i want to restore setting.
Will this restore all my epg, auto bouquet, channel data and cams etc?
I dont have any third party plugins so not an issue.
Will i need to do anything else?
Have people tried it already no issues are they?
Thanks
Ice

abu baniaz
06-10-18, 10:25
I would flash using Image Manager. It is so much easier than USB drive. Yes, it will restore everything you asked about.

Can you please start using the Image support section.

icemen
06-10-18, 11:15
Ok thank abu. Can you advise how to use do it via image manager? Do i download the image then ftp to a certain folder? Then go to the box run new image from image manager?
Sorry for posting in wrong section, can you move my post to correct section?

Andy_Hazza
06-10-18, 11:42
Blue button, ViX, Image manager, Yellow button, highlight & press Green button to download latest 5.2 image. Once downloaded press Red button to close. Then highlight the downloaded image and press the Blue button to flash. Follow instructions on screen. Easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
06-10-18, 12:15
The link to the flashing guide was posted in the 5.2 release thread. Posting here again. It is in my signature too.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47588-Flashing-Settings-backup-and-Restores/

icemen
06-10-18, 12:57
All done, thank you guys for the very informative guides!
Keep up the good work ;-)

1554leslie
06-10-18, 13:44
Good posting guys,I have done the same but been having an issue with my hard drive on my xtrend et 8500 as when i go into storage and initialize my hard drive it gets to 48 and just says error error Input/output during write on /dev/sda ,Can you help abu/andy as you guys are shite hot on this stuff.

abu baniaz
06-10-18, 14:10
Looks like your HDD might have a problem. Disconnect it and just have a USB stick connected.

Andy_Hazza
06-10-18, 21:09
Good posting guys,I have done the same but been having an issue with my hard drive on my xtrend et 8500 as when i go into storage and initialize my hard drive it gets to 48 and just says error error Input/output during write on /dev/sda ,Can you help abu/andy as you guys are shite hot on this stuff.

I would personally do a backup (Blue button > ViX > Backup > Green button) if not done so already. Then flash with latest ViX 5.1.001 image using IM method (Image Manager) then setup as new, DO NOT restore anything at this point. Go through the FIW, then Initialise the HDD and see if that works. You can always restore afterwards. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk