PDA

View Full Version : tm500 super image update question

punisher
30-01-11, 19:12
Hi

i have a query in regards to TM500 Super. Via the internal software upgrade or FW List upgrade there are 2 upgrades in there that i can do. My question is, if i do go through either of those options, will i lose my cam settings and bouqet/favourite lists and or other settings on the box?

Larry-G
30-01-11, 19:15
no mate you wont loose any of your settings using this method. i regularly do both of my TM600's this way and have not lost any thing yet.

punisher
30-01-11, 19:48
Thanx mate. i wasnt sure because i do not know the cam cfg, i know how to get it but i wanted to be sure that before i updated i wouldnt lose anything. I have noticed i have 2 updates in there, 1 dates 12/2010 and one dated 01/2011 cant remember the dates as im not near the box atm, but it lets me download the 12/2010 one but when i try downloading the latest one, it comes up with a server error (cant find server or connect to server or suma). any ideas why? i mean should i be doing the updates in order 12/2010 first and then the 01/2011 or should it not make any difference

Larry-G
30-01-11, 21:39
yes there dated 24.12.10 and 08.01.11 if memory serves. as for the downloads not sure why that error is showing as i updated both mine using the January update 2 weeks ago with no problems, and no there is no need to do them in order you can just use the latest providing it allows you.

if you still cant get the update via the update option you can download it from this forum in the download section and do it manually.

punisher
31-01-11, 11:19
ill give it a try, touch wood i dont lose anything (outa ma own stupidty) lol

Larry-G
31-01-11, 11:21
you shouldn't loose any thing, its a fully automated process.

punisher
18-02-11, 21:16
The latest update posted by basset, is that an update available via the software update option on the box?

bassethound
18-02-11, 21:23
press the lane button at the top of the remote

at the bottom of this menu press blue button should bring up latest firmware to download

punisher
18-02-11, 21:27
kool kool will check this out. i tried the software update earlier and it only gave me the same 08/01/2011 UR image.

bassethound
18-02-11, 21:31
It can take a while for images to be added to the server if 08/01/2011 UR image is the latest image showing wait till the weekend is over it should appear soon

but looking at the images fixes i would not bother with this one only small fixes

im happy with the last image as it has cured my wide screen problems :D

punisher
18-02-11, 21:34
kool kool. any idea how to get picons added on this?

bassethound
18-02-11, 21:49
There are not a lot of skins for the tm 500/600 series that support picons i only tried with a tm500 once and it filled up all the internal memory and kept crashing my box LOL

punisher
18-02-11, 21:56
yeh i tried to download some picons from the UR Server and it got halfway through and says memory full lol i dont think ill bother

punisher
28-02-11, 23:21
hey again, need to update the thread with an issue. I updated to the latest firmware dated 02/11 (cnt remember the date) and using mgcamd everytime i change the channel it stops working, i need to restart the cam to get it working. now i know the previous firmware to this fixed the mgcamd channel change issue but im guessing this new update has reverted back and lost that fix. not sure if anyone else has noticed this. in the end i had to revert back to the previous firmware which works, but was wondering if anyone knew about this or could pass message onto the dev team

Larry-G
28-02-11, 23:30
hey again, need to update the thread with an issue. I updated to the latest firmware dated 02/11 (cnt remember the date) and using mgcamd everytime i change the channel it stops working, i need to restart the cam to get it working. now i know the previous firmware to this fixed the mgcamd channel change issue but im guessing this new update has reverted back and lost that fix. not sure if anyone else has noticed this. in the end i had to revert back to the previous firmware which works, but was wondering if anyone knew about this or could pass message onto the dev team

digidude is the resident TM expert.

punisher
28-02-11, 23:33
kool hope he pokes his head into this thread :p

Larry-G
28-02-11, 23:40
drop him a pm mate. he's a very helpful fella. on the forum he moderates it's well known for people to make threads titled "digidude please help me" and iv'e never seen him turn a request for help down.

punisher
28-02-11, 23:47
no probz i'll drop him a pm now

digidude
01-03-11, 08:28
im not too sure why this happens, but, it seems to only affect some people, with differing images across ALL of TMs linux receivers. Personally, i think its something to do with the backup and restore scripts going a bit loopy during the update process.

first off, backup all the info you need, easiest way is via the miniweb. press and hold the power button on the receiver while powering on, and youll be given a number on the display. if your routers IP is 192.168.1.1, and the number on the receiver is 23, in a web browser enter 192.168.1.23 and press enter, youll be greeted with the miniweb. half way down, backup boquets and services, this will give you a tar.gz file containing all your channel data, save it, you can restore it after by using the same process. go back to the main screen

towards the bottom, youll see options to edit cccam, mgcamd, etc, choose the one that you use, scroll down, and youll see the full config, copy and paste either your line, or the whole lot, somewhere safe, youll need this to put back in later

now, you can also try reflashing from here, but, youll probably still have the same problem, so, turn the receiver off, and back on, and leave to fully boot

via the receivers menu, do a factory reset. when it boots up, turn the power off, and enter the uBoot menu by pressing the ^ button while powering on, turn your tv to scart input, using the onscreen options, do ANOTHER factory reset from the on screen options

reflash (preferably via serial cable)

go through the setup wizard

enter miniweb again, restore your boquets .tar.gz file

re enter your server line by using the edit cccam , mgcamd option. copy your line into thetop text box, and click ADD LINE

restart the receiver

should now be ok

punisher
01-03-11, 09:45
Cheers digi i will give that a go, but before I go through all of that is the new firmware a massive change from the previous one or is there no point as the firmware on tje box is working perfectly fine at the mo to do what i need it to