PDA

View Full Version : Virgin EPG

wizz_r
03-10-18, 11:27
Anyone know why I'm only getting 4 days EPG listings, when I used to get 6 ???

Andy_Hazza
03-10-18, 15:41
Poor post. Give more details. I.e. What services? Which EPG plugin etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
03-10-18, 22:23
We do not support the Vu Solo 2 SE here

abu baniaz
06-10-18, 12:12
I had closed it because title is "VU+Solo 2 SE". This is a clone receiver. We do not support clones here.

Going back through the OP's posts, I see he has posted about a "Solo SE v2" before which is not a clone. I have re-opened the thread.

More details are required to assist.

abu baniaz
06-10-18, 17:10
How are you obtaining EPG? From what source?

wizz_r
06-10-18, 17:50
My version is fitted with a 1X TWIN HYBRID DVB-C/T/T2 TUNER MODULE.
I have two plugins installed
CrossEPG Downloader and EPG Importer
I use AutoBouquetMaker which will only complete if Tuner B is disconnected ( Please see my previous post "Tuner problem )
and the EPG is only four days long, instead of the six days I normally get.

abu baniaz
06-10-18, 18:33
CrossEPG does not fetch Virgin EPG from the signal wire. No tuner is used for what you have described.

Describe what settings you are using for obtaining EPG

abu baniaz
07-10-18, 00:15
Thread retitled from

VU+Solo 2 SE EPG
to
VU+Solo SE v2 EPG

Should really have been in image support section. No harm has been done, no need to apologise. Please bear in mind for future support questions.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section!

wizz_r
16-10-18, 18:31
CrossEPG does not fetch Virgin EPG from the signal wire. No tuner is used for what you have described.

Describe what settings you are using for obtaining EPG
I'm not sure if EPG-Importer is doing this job, or if it is a repeated daily Zap I have set up to activate at 3am. Or even a combination of both ?
All I know is that only four days of EPG data is slowly built up using this method.
Ideally I would like to import 7 days of EPG data, to allow easier timer programming.

Is there a better way of doing this in VIX 5.2.001 ?

Sorry Could a Mod please move this to ..... ViX Team Images Support Discussion please.

Andy_Hazza
16-10-18, 21:02
I assume you have changed to 7 days in the EPG Importer settings?

Andy_Hazza
16-10-18, 21:03
I assume you have changed to 7 days in the EPG Importer settings? As by default it is set to either 4 days or 5 days.

wizz_r
16-10-18, 23:27
I assume you have changed to 7 days in the EPG Importer settings?

Thanks for the info, I'll check that out .....

It was set to 5 days and was disabled, so I've enabled it and set it to seven
Does this mean I can dispense with the zap ?

Andy_Hazza
17-10-18, 07:22
Can you confirm you are saving your EPG data to your HDD?

wizz_r
17-10-18, 08:59
Yes, I am...
How long does it take for the EPG-Importer to execute ?
I've just checked and the EPG data still only fills up to early Sunday morning.....

Andy_Hazza
17-10-18, 09:07
Have you selected your sources from the blue button with EPG Importer & selected a time to schedule the daily run?

wizz_r
17-10-18, 09:31
Hows this looking. Can you see any mistakes ?

Andy_Hazza
17-10-18, 12:24
Select the appropriate source from sources (blue button in that screen) then press ok to select your provider, then Green button to Save, then Yellow button to manually Download and say Yes at the next prompt. Then when the EPG scan has been successful, press Green button to Save.

abu baniaz
17-10-18, 12:27
You are using Virgin. There are several ways to obtain the EPG and you have mentioned most of them in this thread. This is going to be difficult to help you unless you limit yourself to one method.

Signal stream (The stream EPG has always been five days for Virgin)

Rytec data using CrossEPG
Rytec data using EPG importer

Converted 28.2 OpenTV EPG by Jensen using CrossEPG
Converted 28.2 OpenTV EPG by Jensen using EPG importer.

Pick one and use that one method only. Once we know your preferred method, we can assist.

wizz_r
17-10-18, 19:54
Select the appropriate source from sources (blue button in that screen) then press ok to select your provider, then Green button to Save, then Yellow button to manually Download and say Yes at the next prompt. Then when the EPG scan has been successful, press Green button to Save.

Thanks for that.......

wizz_r
17-10-18, 20:04
You are using Virgin. There are several ways to obtain the EPG and you have mentioned most of them in this thread. This is going to be difficult to help you unless you limit yourself to one method.

Signal stream (The stream EPG has always been five days for Virgin)

Rytec data using CrossEPG
Rytec data using EPG importer

Converted 28.2 OpenTV EPG by Jensen using CrossEPG
Converted 28.2 OpenTV EPG by Jensen using EPG importer.

Pick one and use that one method only. Once we know your preferred method, we can assist.

I replaced the twin hybrid DVB-C tuner unit tonight and I'm getting PIP, so I guess it was a tuner fault.

Based on my requirements for a Virgin 7 day EPG, can you recommend which source would be best please, because I have no knowledge of any of these ?

abu baniaz
17-10-18, 22:56
Let's do the following:
Rytec data using EPG importer.

Firstly, in EPG settings, disable the Virgin reader option. This prevents one over writing the other.

Disable all options for CrossEPG, especially any automatic downloads. Do not go near it again.

As in previous post, in the sources, enable all the UK options you want. Also enable the news and General sources, sorry not sure of exact name. Fetch/Download the EPG.

wizz_r
18-10-18, 11:27
OK. Thanks I'll try that, but not until next week because I already have a load of timers set up to early Monday morning.

It's a shame that the signal stream is not six or seven days, because the zap works fine and the data is pretty complete, but only four days plus slight overlap.

abu baniaz
18-10-18, 12:55
What has been suggested will not affect existing timers. May affect AutoTimers though.

wizz_r
25-10-18, 18:31
Let's do the following:
Rytec data using EPG importer.

Firstly, in EPG settings, disable the Virgin reader option. This prevents one over writing the other.

Disable all options for CrossEPG, especially any automatic downloads. Do not go near it again.

As in previous post, in the sources, enable all the UK options you want. Also enable the news and General sources, sorry not sure of exact name. Fetch/Download the EPG.

I've now got the EPG working up to six days, after following your instructions.
I have done a manual download that works, and I have set a recent timed automatic download that I can see executing within a couple of minutes, so I am confident that will work.

I have selected news channels in Rytec General XMLTV, and All options in Rytec UK XMLTV, but there are a number of channels that are still empty ie.
BBC News SD is complete, but BBC News HD only has listings up to three days, which I believe is the old zap listings left remaining in the EPG.

Would it be possible to re-enable the Virgin reader option and set up individual zaps for just the channels that don't have the listings in them ?
If this is possible that would at least give me about three or four days of listings that would otherwise be empty......

abu baniaz
25-10-18, 20:06
The best option is to report missing EPG to Rytec team/Doglover on PLI forum. Delete your EPG first and try downloading again to confirm that it is left over EPG.

wizz_r
26-10-18, 10:01
The best option is to report missing EPG to Rytec team/Doglover on PLI forum. Delete your EPG first and try downloading again to confirm that it is left over EPG.

Will do. Thanks for the Info....

abu baniaz
26-10-18, 23:26
Reported here

https://forums.openpli.org/topic/45184-virgin-ukireland/

wizz_r
27-10-18, 19:02
Reported here

https://forums.openpli.org/topic/45184-virgin-ukireland/

Thanks for the the link...... Excellent.