PDA

View Full Version : Deep standby recording, does your VU+ Duo support it? Check here.

pege63
20-05-10, 07:17
Once more time IF some one misssed it, IT has nothing to do with REV of MB, color of remote. IT is that EARLY production of Vu+ Duo does not support ‘Deep Standby Recording’ its about serial number.
IF the serial number of your box is from MSA5200001 to MSA5201500, then your box does not support ‘Deep Standby Recording’ feature thats it.

Sicilian
20-05-10, 07:22
I've moved your post into its own thread and made it a sticky ;)

Monty
20-05-10, 09:12
Once more time IF some one misssed it, IT has nothing to do with REV of MB, color of remote. IT is that EARLY production of Vu+ Duo does not support ‘Deep Standby Recording’ its about serial number.
IF the serial number of your box is from MSA5200001 to MSA5201500, then your box does not support ‘Deep Standby Recording’ feature thats it.

As you seem very keen to get people to accept your info regarding deep standby, it might be an idea to share your source, then maybe they will pay more attention.

Sicilian
20-05-10, 09:17
As you seem very keen to get people to accept your info regarding deep standby, it might be an idea to share your source, then maybe they will pay more attention.

Its on the official Vuplus.com website
http://vuplus.com/?p=103

Monty
20-05-10, 09:22
Yes, that may be the case, but i think people will pay more attention when faced with official info rather than someone having to repeat themselves.
A little link here and there goes a long way in answering peoples questions.
I'm just trying to help :)

pege63
20-05-10, 09:29
My source is the manufactor

Sicilian
20-05-10, 09:31
Yes, that may be the case, but i think people will pay more attention when faced with official info rather than someone having to repeat themselves.
A little link here and there goes a long way in answering peoples questions.
I'm just trying to help :)

Look above m8, I posted the official link ;)

Monty
20-05-10, 09:35
Yes Sic you did, after I suggested pege63 could share his source.
I'm all done now.

specialized
26-05-10, 10:59
just recieved mine , mine starts with MA04******* is mine ok ?

Sicilian
26-05-10, 11:05
just recieved mine , mine starts with MA04******* is mine ok ?

In short.........yes :D Yours starts with MA04 ;)

silverfox0786
12-10-10, 22:57
sorry to ask a silly question but is mine supported or not my serial starts MA04

ignore this post just looked at above reply after posting thanks guys

urgoz
26-10-10, 12:21
Early production of Vu+ Duo does not support ‘Deep Standby Recording’.
If the serial number of your box is from MSA5200001 to MSA5201500,
then your box does not support ‘Deep Standby Recording’ feature.

Vu+ team has always been thankful for the early buyers.
And we decided to support those valuable users with minimal cost.

For details, please contact the shop where you bought Vu+ Duo.

Mine is MSA5200043... My local shop dont have any info about the hardware upgrade :(

urgoz
08-11-10, 05:30
Anyone has any info about this? A half year passed since they promised a solution for us... Im using the timer very often and it would be great to use it from deep standby :(

nas_matko
02-02-11, 10:37
I can confirm that HW fix does exist and it does work. I left my box in my local shop for three hours, paid something like 40 euros and deep standby recording now works like a charm.

mcquaim
02-02-11, 15:17
Hi lads,

What is the deal/benefit with deep standby recording?

Use less power when the box is in this state?

Cheers,
mcquaim

pooface
02-02-11, 15:46
Hi lads,

What is the deal/benefit with deep standby recording?

Use less power when the box is in this state?

Cheers,
mcquaim

Deep standby is virtually the same as hibernate on a windows machine. The duo goes in to "deep standby", but if an item has been set to record, then it will wake. It's like the box being switched off in all respects apart from it monitors for recordings to occur at certain times...

I does take a minute or two to restart though (depending on image/plugins etc)...

GoatBoi
09-12-11, 12:55
Hi Guys, Just got my Vu+ Duo yesterday.

Can someone explain the deep standby recording abit more.
If my box goes into standby and i have a recording due in 1 hour. Does this mean it wont record unless the box is on ?

My serial starts with MB11

Rob van der Does
09-12-11, 13:36
If my box goes into standby and i have a recording due in 1 hour. Does this mean it wont record unless the box is on ?
If in deep standby the box will wake up approx 5 minutes before the scheduled recording. Once done it will fal asleep again (unless you are watching something by then).

silverfox0786
10-12-11, 22:27
all new version 2.3 duo will support deep standby its only a rare few older release day models that dont

AP2
24-08-13, 12:59
Mine is MSA5200043... My local shop dont have any info about the hardware upgrade :(

Sorry to bump such an old thread.

Since owning my Duo it has never been able to wake from deep standby by the remote, I have always had to switch off the power and wait approx 5 mins before it will boot again, It has had multiple images installed and the issue has always been the same. Judging by my serial number it is one of the first batch of duo's MA041800148 has anyone else had this issue and is there any more info about the hardware fix that is suppose to exist for a similar fix?

Thanks.

Rob van der Does
24-08-13, 13:38
In short: no.

The very first badge of DUO's didn't have a RTC, so they didn't wake up for planned recordings. There has been a free hardware update for that.
But (as far as I know) this has nothing to do with your issue: awaking the box with the R/C should always be possible.