PDA

View Full Version : Edition mega keeps crashing

fitz.mgt150377
01-10-18, 09:20
Please help My Edison mega keeps crashing with the following message ‘your receiver encountered a software problem and needs to be restarted. Please send the log file /home/root/logs/Enigma2_crash_2018-09-29_19-21-39 log to the openvix

adm
01-10-18, 10:09
Please help My Edison mega keeps crashing with the following message ‘your receiver encountered a software problem and needs to be restarted. Please send the log file /home/root/logs/Enigma2_crash_2018-09-29_19-21-39 log to the openvix

Do you have your box connected to your home network?
If so you can transfer that crash log file to your PC, zip it up and post it here to this forum so that we can see what is happening

If your box is connected to your home network you can transfer the crash log file in a couple of ways.

i) menu -> setup -> network -> utilities -> Samba -> Autostart (current status = running)
Assuming Microsoft Windows your Edison box should now show up on your PC under the Network section and you can navigate to the home/root/logs folder and cut/paste - drag/drop the crash log file. (You may have to reboot your Edison and/or PC after changing settings)

ii) Install someting an FTP program on your PC (Example FileZilla). FTP to your Edison and copy the file accrosss to your PC.
Beforehand just check that FTP is running menu -> setup -> network -> utilities -> FTP -> Autostart (current status = running)

Sicilian
01-10-18, 10:45
See here: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-Method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section! , I'll close this thread now.