PDA

View Full Version : [ET10x00] Unable to mount Network Drive

giub1981
30-09-18, 15:40
Hi

I have just added a VPN router to my setup. When i have then re-set up my boxes (main box in living room and 2 additional boxes around the house), I am unable to remount the HDD from my main box to the other 2. I thing that I5755457555 have all the setting correct and when I do a network browser scan on my additional boxes, I do find my HDD on the main box, however, I can't mount it. I have been trying since yesterday with different settings with no luck. The screen shot shows my settings and the other shows the error I get when trying to find it as a location.

Does anyone know where I am going wrong?

giub1981
30-09-18, 15:42
not sure why the pictures are in the middle of the write up????

giub1981
30-09-18, 15:43
What is should say:

I have just added a VPN router to my setup. When i have then re-set up my boxes (main box in living room and 2 additional boxes around the house), I am unable to remount the HDD from my main box to the other 2. I thing that I have all the setting correct and when I do a network browser scan on my additional boxes, I do find my HDD on the main box, however, I can't mount it. I have been trying since yesterday with different settings with no luck. The screen shot shows my settings and the other shows the error I get when trying to find it as a location.

Does anyone know where I am going wrong?

Willo3092
30-09-18, 16:01
I'm no expert but is the IP address of the receiver correct? That looks like an external IP address.
All the receivers on my network begin 192.168.0.**

giub1981
30-09-18, 16:44
Yes it’s correct. I’m streaming from the main box with no issues, just can’t mount the Hdd

cactikid
30-09-18, 22:06
I also had issues with error like yours as always used samba on my boxes,i now added nfs and mounted that and it works straight to my hdd.
I have no idea why samba would not work as the mount was deleted,rescanned and remounted as checked with webif and straight in,added nfs earlier and box is now listed and working.

Not used my Nas for a while and not seen try a reboot of it might be seen then to add.

giub1981
01-10-18, 19:52
I had nfs installed on all boxes with no joy. Have deleted all previous mount attempts, installed samba, rebooted both boxes, tried to mount again and still get the same error.

Im I missing something as I have been trying for 48 hours and getting nowhere????

cactikid
01-10-18, 20:08
If you removed the vpn could they mount then?

did you reboot the router also in case its stored a bug?

giub1981
01-10-18, 20:14
I did have them all mounted prior to installing the VPN router but I have always had trouble in mounting HDD but I seemed to be lucky before. I will try and reboot the router to see if this makes a difference and will report back.

giub1981
01-10-18, 20:48
Rebooted router but still the same error. Have not turned off VPN as the whole reason I re-setup by boxes was to go through a VPN. I can stream all my channels from my main box to the other boxes so there is no issues with my VPN there. When I do a network scan, it finds the HDD. It is just when I try to set it up as a location, it says it does not exist. Do the mount options make any difference?

giub1981
03-10-18, 11:47
Any ideas on this guys? Still can’t get this to work!!

Willo3092
03-10-18, 13:42
I have my network shares mounted like so:

giub1981
03-10-18, 14:27
Tried them options except for those mount options so will give that a go

giub1981
06-10-18, 10:39
I removed the VPN router and the mount worked again so the issue seems to relate with it going through the VPN router. Has anyone got this working through a VPN router or would it be other using the OpenVPN option on VIX?