PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Solo SE v2 Tuner problem

wizz_r
30-09-18, 11:23
I've started getting "Tuner failed" notifications on my second DVB-C - B Tuner.
The configuration is no different to the DVB-C A Tuner, but until I disable it, I cannot re-scan the Bouquetmaker without the same message appearing and stopping the process.
When disabled, the scan works correctly.
Do I need a new DVB-C B tuner, or is something else happening here.
I'm running Open VIX
Thanks

cactikid
30-09-18, 11:31
recheck your getting a signal on both tuners.

wizz_r
01-10-18, 09:28
I don't think I am, because the message comes up "cannot load channels"
As I understand it, this VU+ has only one coaxial input which should be automatically shared with both tuners...
Perhaps if it's a plugin module on the M/B, I should remove and re-seat ?

wizz_r
06-10-18, 17:52
My version is fitted with a 1X TWIN HYBRID DVB-C/T/T2 TUNER MODULE.
I'm trying to find out if I need to replace the Tuner.

abu baniaz
07-10-18, 00:12
Thread retitled from
VU+Solo 2 SE Tuner problem
to
VU+ Solo SE V2 Tuner problem

abu baniaz
07-10-18, 00:25
Both tuners are on one card, you can't really replace one of them. If it is faulty. you will have to replace the whole card. Try reseating it first.

Can you also paste the output of this command please. Use Putty or terminal. Guide in my signature if you need it.

cat /etc/enigma2/settings | grep config.Nims > /tmp/mytunerconfig.txt

Can you please post the debug log after you run ABM. See this thread:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44783-Please-read-before-raising-ABM-support-questions

abu baniaz
07-10-18, 00:27
"cannot load channels"

That is more likely a configuration/image error than tuner issue. If the tuner was faulty, you would get tune failed message.

Which image are you on by the way? Please don't say "latest"

wizz_r
08-10-18, 09:52
"cannot load channels"

That is more likely a configuration/image error than tuner issue. If the tuner was faulty, you would get tune failed message.

Which image are you on by the way? Please don't say "latest"
Sorry but this technical stuff is going over my head.... and I have unintentionally mislead you.....
The alert box error, is indeed, "Error Tuner fail" and the Image is VIX 5.1.002 ( release )
I have tried pulling the tuner and re-seating, which didn't solve the problem.
What I can also tell you is, with Tuner B disconnected in the config, the VU+ works perfectly on the remaining Tuner A.
As soon as I re-connect it in it's config, the same settings come up as on Tuner A, and any attempt to record two channels or record one channel and try to watch a second different channel causes the "Error Tuner fail" alert box.
Hope this information allows you to help me further....

abu baniaz
08-10-18, 18:31
There was a bug that affected twin tuner modules on the Vu receivers. I am not sure if your receiver was affected. We added a workaround for them.

Can you flash 5.2 001 and see if it is the same?

wizz_r
08-10-18, 18:54
I'll give it a try..... Thanks

wizz_r
11-10-18, 14:45
There was a bug that affected twin tuner modules on the Vu receivers. I am not sure if your receiver was affected. We added a workaround for them.

Can you flash 5.2 001 and see if it is the same?
I have flashed 5.2.001 and it has not cured my problem, I still get "Tuner failed"
On top of that, I have lost my old AutoBouquetMaker so the channels are just one long list in dir Last Scanned... How can I get it back, it doesn't appear to be in the pluggin list ?

Any help would be appreciated......

abu baniaz
11-10-18, 17:28
Did you restore your settings?

What is special about the older ABM that the newer won't do? ABM is already installed in the ViX image.

Awaiting results of posts 6 request

wizz_r
11-10-18, 18:21
Did you restore your settings?

I thought I had, but I didn't have an image backup

What is special about the older ABM that the newer won't do? ABM is already installed in the ViX image.

The old one sorted channels into categories ie. News, Sport etc, and I can't find a cable ABM in the new Image

Awaiting results of posts 6 request

I don't understand how to use putty, I only use FileZilla

wizz_r
11-10-18, 18:25
In my Plugin Browser I dont have an ABM at all ......

I just have EPG Importer and CrossEPG Downloader

abu baniaz
11-10-18, 18:40
After you flashed your image, you are prompted to restore settings. You can still restore the settings now.
Blue > Vix > Backup Manager
Select the correct backup.
(I am presuming you flashed using Image Manager. This would have made a settings backup automatically. Please say so if I have assumed incorrectly)

ABM isn't in plugin browser.
Menu > Setup > Tuner Config > AutoBouquetsMaker

I suggest you double check your tuners are both set correctly first before going to ABM

I don't understand how to use putty

Follow the guide in my signature. Post back at what exact stage you get stuck.

ccs
11-10-18, 18:42
In my Plugin Browser I dont have an ABM at all ......

I just have EPG Importer and CrossEPG DownloaderNeither have I, it's in Menu/Setup/Tuner config

wizz_r
11-10-18, 18:53
Neither have I, it's in Menu/Setup/Tuner setup

In Tuner setup I just have the two tuners.
In Tuner config, I have
Tuner setup
Miscellaneous
Automatic scan
Manual scan
Signal finder
Fallback configuration

That's all ....

ccs
11-10-18, 18:55
Sorry, my post should have read Menu/Setup/Tuner config

wizz_r
11-10-18, 19:21
I flashed the image from a USB drive image I downloaded. I wasn't prompted to restore settings. There is no backup in Backup manager
Both tuners are configured the same, and the A Tuner works fine. The B Tuner is disabled at present, and when I enable it I have the same settings as on the A Tuner.
I cannot run ABM because it is not in Tuner config.
I have downloaded putty to my win10 pc but not yet deployed because I am concerned about my ability to use it

abu baniaz
11-10-18, 19:43
ABM will only show if your tuners are configured. please post a screenshot of your tuner configuration.

Be courageous.

ccs
11-10-18, 19:43
If the restore wizard can't find a settings backup, you won't be prompted to do a settings restore.

If you have one somewhere else, you can copy it to the default settings backup location (press menu in backup manager to see where it goes), and restore it from there.

There'll be no need to reflash.

wizz_r
11-10-18, 19:53
ABM will only show if your tuners are configured. please post a screenshot of your tuner configuration.

Be courageous.

I'll come back to you tomorrow after I've checked your tutorials, it's doing my head in tonight !

PS: Thanks for the encouragement :)

wizz_r
12-10-18, 10:25
If the restore wizard can't find a settings backup, you won't be prompted to do a settings restore.

If you have one somewhere else, you can copy it to the default settings backup location (press menu in backup manager to see where it goes), and restore it from there.

There'll be no need to reflash.

I don't have one anywhere unfortunately, and I don't have an ABM in my Tuner config :confused: ( as per my #17 post )

ccs
12-10-18, 10:42
I don't have one anywhere unfortunately, and I don't have an ABM in my Tuner config :confused: ( as per my #17 post )

Try post #20

ronand
12-10-18, 10:43
Read post 20 again. Until you answer this one you will only be going around in circles.

Edit: ccs beat me to it.

wizz_r
12-10-18, 11:25

Be courageous.
As requested...
Tuner B is exactly the same....

Andy_Hazza
12-10-18, 13:45
In your Tuner A & Tuner B Configuration setup sections, Net ID is best being left at 00000. Then set your Net ID in ABM, in the Providers section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsayers
12-10-18, 13:48
Are the dvb-t tuners unconfigured? I don't think that would make a difference though.

abu baniaz
12-10-18, 13:49
That is tuner A, what about tuner B screenshot? I know you said it's the same.

abu baniaz
12-10-18, 13:56
Can you enable debug logs, restart, go back into tuner configuration menu, grab debug log and attach here

abu baniaz
12-10-18, 17:42
I have looked the bug section, one of the posts said the bug only affected receivers with three tuners. So that is ruled out.

dsayers
12-10-18, 18:05
I have looked the bug section, one of the posts said the bug only affected receivers with three tuners. So that is ruled out.

Wouldn't having dvb-t enabled aswel as having dvb-c be classed as more than 2 tuners enabled?

abu baniaz
12-10-18, 18:12
No, 1+1 = 2
He only has two tuners on one card. The anomally about these tuners is you can set one to DVB-C and the other to DVB-T although it can only accept one signal wire.

wizz_r
12-10-18, 18:26
That is tuner A, what about tuner B screenshot? I know you said it's the same.

Tuner B .......

abu baniaz
12-10-18, 18:44
Thanks.

I don't know why ABM is not showing for you. Maybe the debug log will show reason. A thread about debug logs is here
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44783-Please-read-before-raising-ABM-support-questions

Can you also issue this command using putty and post what comes up/is returned? I have made that guide easy to follow. Please try it.

opkg install enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-autobouquetsmaker

For me, this is what happens

Package enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-autobouquetsmaker (3.1+git524+fe614a9-r0) installed in root is up to date.

wizz_r
12-10-18, 19:04
OK, I'll study the tutorial and give it a try.

Do you have a tutorial on Putty .....If so. can you please give me a link.

Andy_Hazza
12-10-18, 19:04
I would personally flash ViX 5.2.001 again, setup as new, no restores of any kind. Set Tuner A & Tuner B as per my instruction above (leaving Net ID as 00000 in the Tuner Config). Then go into ABM and setup Virgin UK in the Providers and use your Net ID. Also just to confirm, you only have one signal wire going into the top of the Tuner card yeah?

wizz_r
12-10-18, 19:24
I would personally flash ViX 5.2.001 again, setup as new, no restores of any kind. Set Tuner A & Tuner B as per my instruction above (leaving Net ID as 00000 in the Tuner Config). Then go into ABM and setup Virgin UK in the Providers and use your Net ID. Also just to confirm, you only have one signal wire going into the top of the Tuner card yeah?

Is there a tutorial to set up the latest image, because the only one I've seen is for an early VIX image install. and lots of things have changed....

At present I don't have an ABM, probably because I suspect my B Tuner is faulty, and I may have deleted the ABM plugin. The A Tuner works fine in the current config, but whether the B Tuner is enabled or not, I get a "Tuner failed" alert box. If I disable Tuner A and enable Tuner B,
I get no channels at all.

There is only one coaxial into the tuner, because it is a hybrid 2 in 1 tuner.

abu baniaz
12-10-18, 19:26
Do you have a tutorial on Putty .....If so. can you please give me a link.

The link to the guide is in my signature. Here it is again
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40948-How-to-use-Putty-for-Unix-Linux-commands

It does not matter what you set the NetID to in tuner config, it has no relevance in the UK. Obviously easier to leave it at 00000.

Without intending to be rude, did you do anything with regards to installing/uninstalling ABM that you have not mentioned?

abu baniaz
12-10-18, 19:35
I may have deleted the ABM plugin.
This will explain why you cannot see it. I wish you had said this earlier. Anyway,....

The command I gave above will install it again. Please try it. You will need to restart after installing it.

I am inclined to believe your tuner is faulty. It isn't an ABM issue as it is failing to tune without you using ABM.

wizz_r
12-10-18, 19:42
The link to the guide is in my signature. Here it is again
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40948-How-to-use-Putty-for-Unix-Linux-commands

Thanks .....

It does not matter what you set the NetID to in tuner config, it has no relevance in the UK. Obviously easier to leave it at 00000.

OK......

Without intending to be rude, did you do anything with regards to installing/uninstalling ABM that you have not mentioned?

Your not...
The only ABM I see in Install plugins/extensions is autobouquets (2.2+git131). Isn't this a Sat plugin ?

abu baniaz
12-10-18, 20:07
It is in "system plugins" not "extensions" in the installation menu when doing it by the graphical user interface. Will only show if system recognises it has been uninstalled correctly

Something must have got messed up when you tried to uninstall ABM. What do you want to do now? Start afresh (as suggested by Andy_Hazza) or re-install ABM using the command line?

wizz_r
12-10-18, 20:16
It is in "system plugins" not "extensions" in the installation menu when doing it by the graphical user interface. Will only show if system recognises it has been uninstalled correctly

Something must have got messed up when you tried to uninstall ABM. What do you want to do now? Start afresh (as suggested by Andy_Hazza) or re-install ABM using the command line?

I'm struggling with PSFTP its asking me for a host name, using "open host.name" to connect ??

To start again, I could do with an up to date install guide, the only one I have is a very early one and too much has changed...... Do you know where there is one ?

abu baniaz
12-10-18, 20:17
We are not file transferring. There is no need for PSFTP

abu baniaz
12-10-18, 20:26
To start again...

Flash image using image manager, it is easier than using USB (guide in my signature)
After it restarts, do not restore settings or plugins
Ignore the prompt about installing plugins at this stage

Setup your tuner A as you pictured.
Disable tuner B. it is faulty

Install your softcam
Transfer your cam config files using FTP

Blue > Vix > softcam manager
Enable cam start up.
Start cam

Restart receiver.

Set ABM as you have now. Run ABM

wizz_r
12-10-18, 20:35
I found autobouquetmaker in system plugins, clicked on it to download, but it couldn't find an ATM info file and did not download.
It's now disappeared from the systems plugin menu without installing ?
Maybe it's time to start afresh... but, as I said, I could do with an up to date guide ....

wizz_r
12-10-18, 20:39
To start again...

Flash image using image manager, it is easier than using USB (guide in my signature)

Install your softcam

Enable cam start up.
Start cam

Restart receiver.

OK, I'll give it a go tomorrow..... I'll let you know how I get get on.
Thanks again

abu baniaz
12-10-18, 22:29
I found autobouquetmaker in system plugins, clicked on it to download, but it couldn't find an ATM info file and did not download.
It's now disappeared from the systems plugin menu without installing ?
Maybe it's time to start afresh... but, as I said, I could do with an up to date guide ....

Once you install a plugin, it disappears from the list of installable items. You have already installed it! Some plugins need a restart to show. We have mentioned where you will find it already.

Best you start afresh, do not install anything that is not essential until you are on solid footing.

wizz_r
13-10-18, 18:54
To start again...

Install your softcam

Enable cam start up.
Start cam

Restart receiver.

I'm just doing a Service scan and I've done everything up to "Set ABM as you have now. Run ABM"

I don't want to mess up the ABM again, so can you tell me what you mean by "Set ABM" and, do I run ABM by sellecting it in Tuner config ?

ccs
13-10-18, 19:04
If you take an image backup before doing something you feel might "mess things up", you can quickly undo the changes by reflashing using image manager.

abu baniaz
13-10-18, 19:07
Set = configure/choose options.

For example: Normal/expert, Region/NetID, which bouquets to hide, what first bouquet should be. etc.

BTW, if you are using ABM, no need to do a non-ABM scan for Virgin.

wizz_r
13-10-18, 19:27
Set = configure/choose options.

For example: Normal/expert, Region/NetID, which bouquets to hide, what first bouquet should be. etc.

BTW, if you are using ABM, no need to do a non-ABM scan for Virgin.

I've already done an automatic scan ...... will that matter ?

So do I run ABM by selecting it in Tuner config, and how do I save a complete backup ?

Huevos
13-10-18, 19:42
BackupManager in menu / Setep / ViX

abu baniaz
13-10-18, 20:00
If you perform a non-ABM scan as well as ABM "scan", it does not matter. You just didn't need to do the non-ABM scan. Forget about it now.

When you say complete backup, what do you mean?

We have two types of backups. Image backup and settings backup.

Image backup is done by Image Manager.
Settings backup is done by Backup Manager.

There is guide to doing both in my signature as well as in the Vix Manual.

abu baniaz
13-10-18, 20:01
Run ABM = ABM scan. Yes, ABM is in tuner config.

wizz_r
13-10-18, 20:07
Run ABM = ABM scan. Yes, ABM is in tuner config.
OK, Thanks....
I have a visitor arrived, so I need to do it later or in the morning. I'll post back as soon as I have completed it....
Thanks again.

abu baniaz
13-10-18, 20:13
It only takes 30 seconds.

wizz_r
14-10-18, 10:51
It only takes 30 seconds.

First off, I'd like to say Thank You, to Yourself and all the other guys who helped me......

Your right, of course, but it did take ME a little longer !

This morning, I enabled the B Tuner just to see if that problem persisted, and it did.
I think I can assume that the B Tuner in the twin tuner module is faulty. So I'm going to ask WOS the cost of a replacement tomorrow.
Am I correct in thinking that if I fit a replacement twin tuner, I will only need to enable the B Tuner again and switch both Tuners to "auto" to get the VU+ working as it should ?

When you say complete backup, what do you mean?.

By a complete backup I meant to save everything including the settings so that I could restore it back to as it is to date....

abu baniaz
16-10-18, 02:02
If you create an image backup, that includes the settings. If you flash the saved image, it will be an exact copy of the image you had backed up.

wizz_r
16-10-18, 09:13
Okay, thank you....

I've ordered a new twin DVB-C Tuner unit from WOS, and will create an image backup.

If I alter the path of the picons from flas memory to my HDD will that move them, if not, how do I do that..... via FTP ?

abu baniaz
16-10-18, 09:47
Best to start a new thread for picon topic. Helps others searching for that subject. I am sure there will be debate about which location to use.

Having said that, receiver just searches for the picon directory from the possible locations.