PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Auto timer extend end time

IAmATeaf
13-09-18, 20:41
Is there anyway that using auto timers I can set it so that it records for an extra amount of time beyond the epg time? I’ve setup an auto timer to record a program for the wife and without fail it stops recording before the actual program ends. I know I can extend the end time within recording settings but this would extend all recording.

ccs
13-09-18, 21:07
You can set pre and post padding for all timers (in the recording and playback menu).

For any one autotimer, you can have a custom offset to override these values.

goRt
14-09-18, 06:06
I noticed that the actual start and end times were showing in the recordings, so took the plunge a few months ago and installed the VPS plugin.
It warns that the channels aren't broadcasting the correct data stream, but I've chosen to override that.
The only issues I've had are when a provider fails to flag the actual changes, but that's infrequent. There's a safe mode so you can always record the original time plus any padding set and the timer will increase at either end as required.
Applies to both Freesat and Freeview.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

IAmATeaf
15-09-18, 22:35
Thanks guys I’ll take a look at the plugin. @cgs I’m aware of the global before and after time but where in the autotimer can I set an offset, had a look before I created the post and couldn’t see anything.

birdman
16-09-18, 01:38
...I’m aware of the global before and after time but where in the autotimer can I set an offset, had a look before I created the post and couldn’t see anything.Open the AutoTimer and look for "Custom offset". Enable it and set what you want for timers that it sets.

IAmATeaf
16-09-18, 15:10
Cheers for that, for some reason I thought that was an offset for the overall timer and not just the recording.

Hopefully the wife now won’t miss the last few minutes of the series she watches. [emoji3]