PDA

View Full Version : Vu Duo - Problems streaming to iPhone using AirVideo Server

mcquaim
30-01-11, 00:12
Hi folks,

Anyone know what the URL should be in the channel.ini file when your Vu Duo is password protected??

I was following the tutorial by Malcom-x but didn't know how to include username and password in the defined URL in channel.ini.

Cheers,
mcquaim

mcquaim
30-01-11, 11:01
Another question folks:

Is it possible to stream to the iPhone without zapping the channel on the Vu Duo? It would be quite annoying for anyone at home trying to watch tv and me changing the channels on the iPhone..

Still waiting on any ideas on previous post too..

Cheers,
mcquaim

Stanman
30-01-11, 11:05
Try root & dreambox
J

mcquaim
30-01-11, 11:19
Cheers Stanman,

I know the username and password but I don't know what format to construct the URL in.

In channel.ini you specify the URL:

http://192.168.1.11:8001:......(Channel ref)

Malcom-X mentioned in his post to include the username/password in this URL but it wasn't clear to me what format to use!

Any ideas??

Stanman
30-01-11, 11:26
Any chance you can post the link to mx post & will hav3574660420951e a go on my stbm

mcquaim
30-01-11, 11:29
Cheers man, here yah go!

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?4436-VU-DUO-VIX-Image-(-Video-on-Iphone-VLC-Player-)-not-working

mcquaim
30-01-11, 17:39
Hi folks,

For any interested parties I've figured this out! The format of the URL should be:

Http://username : password@box-ip : port/channel-ref

Don't put in spaces, had to do this to get rid of smiley :)

I was trying to test the variations in IE with no success, it must block the passing of passwords. If you include URL's of this format in channel.ini it should work fine!

Also, if you don't want AirVideo to zap the channel put a dummy URL in the zap line in channel.ini also!

Hope this helps somebody else!

fintannl
30-01-11, 20:14
i briefly looked at streaming to ipod/iphone. they real pain (and do correct me if i'm wrong) is that you need your computer up and running air video so the content can be streamed. so a question to the techies, is it possible to integrate a plugin within vix that would allow this feature. its a really neat idea