PDA

View Full Version : Connecting via Client Mode

bangorbob
12-09-18, 17:34
Hi, I am using my Mutant HD51 in client mode connecting to my Solo2 box, box boxes are running the latest image 5.1.033, the epg is not populating and some of the bouquets are showing N/A, my old Octagon box when connected is working perfectly with full epg and all channels in bouquets. Any help greatly appreciated.

Huevos
13-09-18, 01:21
Have you got openwebif password protected?

bangorbob
13-09-18, 08:30
Have you got openwebif password protected?

Yes it is password protected but I entered those details in the settings.

Huevos
13-09-18, 09:45
There is not an option to enter openwebif password in the settings.

Why do you need openwebif password protected?

Also, if you had posted the debug log it would be obvious straight away if it were working properly.

bangorbob
13-09-18, 11:43
There is not an option to enter openwebif password in the settings.

Why do you need openwebif password protected?

Also, if you had posted the debug log it would be obvious straight away if it were working properly.

Sorry bit of a mix up, I have setup ftp password which I have used details in client mode, the reason I have http on in webif is sometimes when i'm out I need to log in to set a recording I forgot about. I have the log file but cant see how to attach it lol

Got it now

Huevos
13-09-18, 12:16
Client mode sends a command to the server box via openwebif to tell it to save the epg data to file just before it retrieves the file. If that file is not updated the downloaded EPG data will be stale.

< 470.190> [ChannelsImporter][checkEPG] Force EPG save on remote receiver...
< 470.190> [ChannelsImporter][saveEPGonRemoteReceiver] URL: http://192.168.2.145/api/saveepg
< 470.195> [ChannelsImporter][saveEPGonRemoteReceiver] ERROR: 111

bangorbob
13-09-18, 13:19
Client mode sends a command to the server box via openwebif to tell it to save the epg data to file just before it retrieves the file. If that file is not updated the downloaded EPG data will be stale.

< 470.190> [ChannelsImporter][checkEPG] Force EPG save on remote receiver...
< 470.190> [ChannelsImporter][saveEPGonRemoteReceiver] URL: http://192.168.2.145/api/saveepg
< 470.195> [ChannelsImporter][saveEPGonRemoteReceiver] ERROR: 111

Is there something I need to do on the Solo Box to sort this, this has been working perfectly on my Octagon box which I decided to replace with the mutant, I did swith back to the octagon box and it works perfectly.

Huevos
13-09-18, 14:01
If you password protect openwebif it can't work properly. Look into saving the EPG more frequently on the server if you must have password protection enabled. Also how often have you scheduled the client box to update?

bangorbob
14-09-18, 09:27
If you password protect openwebif it can't work properly. Look into saving the EPG more frequently on the server if you must have password protection enabled. Also how often have you scheduled the client box to update?

I have removed the password protect from openwebif and the epg is now working as expected, I am still getting some of the bouguets being populated with just N/A instead of the channels.

Huevos
14-09-18, 19:48
N/A is nothing to do with EPG import. N/A means for some reason bouquets don't correspond with lamedb.

bangorbob
15-09-18, 09:18
N/A is nothing to do with EPG import. N/A means for some reason bouquets don't correspond with lamedb.

Thanks Huevos for all the input you have been given me, this last bit is a little above me, not sure what it means. What I still can not understand is why this mutant box is doing what its doing, if I remove it and replace with my octagon box, re-flash and start from scratch, when I set up client mode it picks up all bouguets perfectly, nothing missing yet when I put the mutant in the same place it dosen't, I would have thought that it would work perfectly as well.

Huevos
15-09-18, 09:34
Flash HD51. Don't use a backup. Don't password protect anything. Retest.

bangorbob
15-09-18, 10:31
Flash HD51. Don't use a backup. Don't password protect anything. Retest.

Thanks again Huevos

Ok, flashed image, no restore, setup logs, setup client mode, epg perfect, iptv bouguets still showing n/a, sat and vod all populated properly, log attached

Huevos
15-09-18, 11:59
So the channels work fine but they say n/a? That would normally mean the channel name is missing from the bouquet file.

Can you post a few lines from the bouquet file? Edit the bit with the URL so your private details don't show on the forum.

bangorbob
15-09-18, 12:19
So the channels work fine but they say n/a? That would normally mean the channel name is missing from the bouquet file.

Can you post a few lines from the bouquet file? Edit the bit with the URL so your private details don't show on the forum.

Sorry but not sure which file your talking about, I'm still on a learning curve, is this what your after.

Andy_Hazza
15-09-18, 13:53
What plugin are you using to generate your IPTV Bouquets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bangorbob
15-09-18, 14:38
What plugin are you using to generate your IPTV Bouquets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its one supplied by my supplier, its a version of E2m3u2bouquet v0.7.5 by suls

twol
15-09-18, 14:46
Its one supplied by my supplier, its a version of E2m3u2bouquet v0.7.5 by suls

Maybe use the actual SULS plugin which is now on the feeds??

bangorbob
15-09-18, 14:56
Maybe use the actual SULS plugin which is now on the feeds??

Unfortunately that's not possible as app is installed automatically with a putty command which installs over things as well, still dosen't explain why I'm only having this problem on the Muntant box.

dsayers
15-09-18, 15:34
Try setting service type to :1 via suls plugin then import with client mode.

Maybe client mode isnt set for 5002?

twol
15-09-18, 15:47
Unfortunately that's not possible as app is installed automatically with a putty command which installs over things as well, still dosen't explain why I'm only having this problem on the Muntant box.

I doubt that immensely...... as long as you know your userid/password and the http url, then you can use the plugin .... there are really **** providers that just want tame users they can control!

dsayers
15-09-18, 16:18
Currently v0.7.5 is in feeds.

bangorbob
15-09-18, 16:26
I doubt that immensely...... as long as you know your userid/password and the http url, then you can use the plugin .... there are really **** providers that just want tame users they can control!

I don't know how to go about finding the url, I have my username and password, I'm still green behind the ears with this lol

twol
15-09-18, 16:43
I don't know how to go about finding the url, I have my username and password, I'm still green behind the ears with this lol

Its worth following up and learning or you will be tied to the same supplier ... which is not good.

bangorbob
15-09-18, 16:52
Try setting service type to :1 via suls plugin then import with client mode.

Maybe client mode isnt set for 5002?

So I did this and everything is working perfectly, supplier says though that service should be 5002 as cannot guarantee quality on any other service. I still cant get my head around why this mutant box does not perform like any other E2 box.

dsayers
15-09-18, 17:21
So I did this and everything is working perfectly, supplier says though that service should be 5002 as cannot guarantee quality on any other service. I still cant get my head around why this mutant box does not perform like any other E2 box.

It may just need client mode to recognise 5002.

Huevos
15-09-18, 18:23
It may just need client mode to recognise 5002.Dave all it does is collect the bouquet files from the server box and place them on the client and load them. No file is modified. Should be just the same result as collecting the files off the server box with DBE and sending them to the client box.

In fact he should try that as a test.

bangorbob
15-09-18, 18:40
Dave all it does is collect the bouquet files from the server box and place them on the client and load them. No file is modified. Should be just the same result as collecting the files off the server box with DBE and sending them to the client box.

In fact he should try that as a test.

Thanks again for the input, I will do a fresh install again tomorrow and add the files manually, Will see how it goes.

danny121pt
15-09-18, 19:54
if stream types is 5002, make sure you have serviceapp and extplayer3 activated on the remote box?

Will get N/A if using 5002 and serviceapp is not set up as extplayer.

May have skimread this post to dismiss if thats been mentioned, but just hazarding a guess based on 5002 stream type.

bangorbob
17-09-18, 17:30
So Today I went through all the suggestions given so far, results as follows:-

With service type set to 1 on Solo, client mode on mutant works perfectly, all epg and bouquets populated
With service type set to 5002 on Solo, client mode on mutant, epg and all sat bouquets work, iptv bouquets do not populate
When files are collected from solo by DBE and transferred to mutant, on service type 1 all perfect and on 5002 as before, no iptv channels.

Leaving service type as 1 is not really an option as reliability and quality is affected.

dsayers
17-09-18, 17:34
Have you you tried service app on client box as suggested above?

bangorbob
17-09-18, 17:42
Have you you tried service app on client box as suggested above?

Oops forgot about that suggestion, will do that next, thanks.

bangorbob
17-09-18, 18:09
Oops forgot about that suggestion, will do that next, thanks.

Thanks dsayers this appears to be the solution, all work as should, Thank you.