PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] 5.1.033 hangs after ad-hoc recording

bsod
10-09-18, 06:18
Hi all,

after couch flashing to 5.1.033 I have been experiencing fairly regular system hangs after manual timer recordings finish. Basically I may be channel surfing and come accross something I want to record. So I press the RED key to bring up the EPG for this channel, hit green to add a timer. I then go into standby mode. When I come back later, the unit is still in standby mode, but now almost completely unresponsive to the remote control, I say almost because before it becomes completely unresponsive, I could toggle it between standby and ON, however no video signal was present when it came back on although the LCD front panel changed to the format I have setup when the unit is on.

After a few standby cycles, the unit eventually ignores the remote completely, though the RC light on the front panel lights up each time I press a key on the remote.

I can ssh onto the unit and do a manual reboot (shutdown -r now) and once back up all is ok until the next time or two when I do another ad-hoc recording. I have not experienced this with any of my auto timers, it does seem specific to adding a manual timer on a already showing tv show. I have not tried doing a manual timer for a show that has not yet started, but I'll give that a shot to see if the behaviour re-occurs.

I never experienced this with Versions prior to 5.1.033.

I am not in the position to include any logs at the moment, but I will as soon as I am in a position to do so.

Lastly, I do not have satellite or cable services, only terrestrial TV for me. Unit has two dual tuner DVB-T2 tuners.

Regards,

Craig

bsod
10-09-18, 09:06
Added debug log.