PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Time Shift on VIX 1.3

judge
29-01-11, 23:23
Hi all,
New on the VU+Duo box.
I've enabled permanent time shift, using the VIX 1.3 image the red REC light is constantly on the box display.
Is this a bug or can it be disabled?
Thanks.

basilyoung
29-01-11, 23:35
not sure as i do not use this...but think constant time shift is what it sez, permimently recording, so you need to disable time shift, I think

baz

pooface
29-01-11, 23:43
Yes, when using pts, the red light stays on...

judge
29-01-11, 23:48
thanks for the answers, thought that was the case.
Pity as you can't easily see if a prog is actually being recorded or not.
If possible to disable the redlight on time shift on the next VIX image, I think it would be a good one.

basilyoung
29-01-11, 23:52
I think the problem with that, is, you may forget its active

the purpose of time shift, is you can pause an event...do what ever, (washing up or what ever) and carry on watching from where you left off

baz

judge
30-01-11, 00:01
yeah, agree. Just coming from a Sly+ box, you just have the feature without any lights so it becomes normal.
I know we are recording, but it's not a deliberate record so would be nice not to see red light & wonder who is recording what.

pooface
30-01-11, 13:50
yeah, agree. Just coming from a Sly+ box, you just have the feature without any lights so it becomes normal.
I know we are recording, but it's not a deliberate record so would be nice not to see red light & wonder who is recording what.

I think for this function to work, a lot needs to change underneath... Can't remember exactly, but it had been discussed. Can't remember whether it was decided that plugin needed to be changed, or whether there were underlying features in enigma2/duo drivers that needed to be changed... But, for the time being at least, it's still gonna have to stay like that I'm afraid...