PDA

View Full Version : Error Message when using ABM on Freeview

Hebridean
06-09-18, 09:10
I have connected the Freeviw aerial to Tuner C and have done a manual Service Scan and found 43 channels.

When I try to run AMB on just Freeview I get the following message:

Failed to tune Freeview on Tuner C
Please check the following
The tuner iscorrectly configured
You can receive the specified frequency

Can anyone help with this problem.

Sicilian
06-09-18, 09:18
Post your exact tuner settings for tuner C and exactly how you are scanning.

Hebridean
06-09-18, 10:16
Hope these are sufficient.

Andy_Hazza
06-09-18, 11:16
Learn to use WebIf and to take pictures, gives cleaner full proper screenies that way. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
06-09-18, 12:49
You should be getting more than 43 services on a non-abm scan. Check your splitters/connection.

Which mast are you selecting in ABM.

ccs
06-09-18, 13:29
… I think he's just manually scanned channel 21.

Hebridean
06-09-18, 14:11
Learn to use WebIf and to take pictures, gives cleaner full proper screenies that way. [emoji4]

I have installed webif (or maybe not) and all I get from my PC is a webpage with hyperlinks that relate to settings and other things but no of the one that relate to the Alpha+ work - perhaps some guidance about installing webif and how to use it would be helpful.

Hebridean
06-09-18, 14:14
You should be getting more than 43 services on a non-abm scan. Check your splitters/connection.

Not True, where I live has limited Freeview channels - I have run a scan on my TV and that produces DVT 23 & RADIO 13. Which confirms that there are limited channels available on Freeview where I live.

The Vix system doesnt list the mast which I use and which is the only one available.

Hebridean
06-09-18, 14:16
… I think he's just manually scanned channel 21.

I doubt it, see my post about the channels available on a TV scan.

ccs
06-09-18, 14:31
I doubt it, see my post about the channels available on a TV scan.

The picture you posted suggested a manual scan of channel (mux) 21.

An automatic scan will pick up every mux it can find.

Andy_Hazza
06-09-18, 14:42
I have installed webif (or maybe not) and all I get from my PC is a webpage with hyperlinks that relate to settings and other things but no of the one that relate to the Alpha+ work - perhaps some guidance about installing webif and how to use it would be helpful.

You don’t need to install OpenWebIf, so what have you installed exactly? All you need to do is open for example; internet explorer then in the url address you type in your skybox ip address so it it was 192.168.1.205 that is what you would type in and OpenWebIf opens up.

Hebridean
06-09-18, 15:32
You don’t need to install OpenWebIf, so what have you installed exactly? All you need to do is open for example; internet explorer then in the url address you type in your skybox ip address so it it was 192.168.1.205 that is what you would type in and OpenWebIf opens up.

I have the web interface open in my Firefox browser and have a string of hyperlinks across the top of the webpage one of which goes to the Vix support site.

Below that there are other hyperlinks and text entries - none of the hyperlinks produce anything when I click on them. Perhaps I will try it in Explorer and see if that changes anything. What am I suppose to see on the web interface page and are the hyerlinks supposed to do anything?

birdman
06-09-18, 18:24
In Firefox it should look something like this:

The relevant bit is the "Grab Screenshot" on the left. It allows you to grab just the menu, just the screen or both,

Hebridean
06-09-18, 19:08
In Firefox it should look something like this:

The relevant bit is the "Grab Screenshot" on the left. It allows you to grab just the menu, just the screen or both,

Thanks, my web browser looks nothing like yours - its just hyperlinks and text with no graphics on the webpage:confused:

Hebridean
06-09-18, 19:15
This is what my browser looks like with web interface open:

The above is not the full page just a section of it.

ccs
06-09-18, 19:22
You are using the Tiviar ip address??

abu baniaz
06-09-18, 19:31
Running ABM is going to be pointless for you as you will have lots of services you cannot receive.

You will be better off using the Terrestrial scan plugin.

If you want to persist with ABM use the frequency finder within ABM.

birdman
07-09-18, 02:03
This is what my browser looks like with web interface open:

The above is not the full page just a section of it.Two things odd about that.

It mentions FreeSat, but you have FreeView.
It looks like style-sheets are inactive, but even then it isn't OpenWebIF with no style sheets, as that look like this:

I'd uninstall the thing you installed that you thought was "webif" and see what happens.

Hebridean
07-09-18, 08:06
You are using the Tiviar ip address??

Surely an incorrect address would not bring up the logon popup with the username root and my password and also has webif on the popup window?

Hebridean
07-09-18, 08:13
Running ABM is going to be pointless for you as you will have lots of services you cannot receive.

The whole point about the Vix system is it is supposed to work on this machine - it strikes me that there are so many faults with this system it seems pointless wasting my time trying to get it working. Has anyone actually tested Vix on the Alpha+ and got it to work without any glitches?

Hebridean
07-09-18, 08:16
It mentions FreeSat, but you have FreeView. I do actually have both Freesat and Freeview and the whole point about this thread is that ABM comes up with a fault when I try to get it work with both Freesat and Freeview.

Andy_Hazza
07-09-18, 08:25
I’ve setup a few Alpha+’s for friends and works fine with ViX. I’m guessing you are new to all this and basically gonna be trial n error for you. We’ve all been where you are and in time I’m sure you will grasp it, just gonna take time.

Hebridean
07-09-18, 08:52
I’ve setup a few Alpha+’s for friends and works fine with ViX. I’m guessing you are new to all this and basically gonna be trial n error for you. We’ve all been where you are and in time I’m sure you will grasp it, just gonna take time.

I dont mind 'Trial and Error' approach but when nobody is able to tell me what the cause of my glitches are then I have to assume that there are serious flaws in the Vix system.

Should Vix/ABM work with both Freesat and Freeview on the 3 tuners that are on the Alpha+ system - did you actually test that on the Installations that you setup.

I can accept that I made a goof on the Unicable purchase and I just hope the the new box that I have just purchased off WoS is not going to give me the same problems that Im having with the Alpha+

adm
07-09-18, 09:59

The page shows that only the DVB T option has been set for the system parameter so its only picking up standard definition (SD) cannels trmasmitted on DVB T
If that option were set to DVB T2 or Auto a lot more channels should be found including all of the High Definition (HD) channels and all those SD channels braodcast on DVB T2

ccs
07-09-18, 10:04
Surely an incorrect address would not bring up the logon popup with the username root and my password and also has webif on the popup window?

By default, you shouldn't be getting a login prompt.

adm
07-09-18, 10:05
duplicate deleted

adm
07-09-18, 10:10
Two things odd about that.

It mentions FreeSat, but you have FreeView.
It looks like style-sheets are inactive, but even then it isn't OpenWebIF with no style sheets, as that look like this:

I'd uninstall the thing you installed that you thought was "webif" and see what happens.

Go to menu, plugins, and click on the webif to bring up the configuration page

For the option that says "new inteface" say NO
Press geen to save
You may have to reboot your box

You should now get that webif as shown in this thread.

The new interface requires another utility to be installed on your box. I remember someone posting the link fairly recently but cannot find the relevant posting at present.

abu baniaz
07-09-18, 10:38
What do you want to address?
Webinterface or AutoBouquetsMaker?

We can get ABM to work for you. I have already posted part of solution for you. If it did not make sense, say so.

The mistake you made with unicable is easy to rectify, ensure both satellite tuners have a signal wire.

Personally, I don't go through the webinterface to get screenshots. Have a look at link in my signature. I'm in agreement with ADM, I suspect you enabled the new theme in OpenWebIf.

Hebridean
07-09-18, 12:44
Go to menu, plugins, and click on the webif to bring up the configuration page

For the option that says "new inteface" say NO
Press geen to save
You may have to reboot your box

You should now get that webif as shown in this thread.

The new interface requires another utility to be installed on your box. I remember someone posting the link fairly recently but cannot find the relevant posting at present.

Openwebif is working now, Thanks for your input.

Hebridean
07-09-18, 18:39
We can get ABM to work for you. I have already posted part of solution for you. If it did not make sense, say so.

Now that the webif issue is resolved I will take a look at the AutoBouquetsMaker issue and let you know if what you have suggested doesnt make sense to me.
Thanks, Pete

abu baniaz
08-09-18, 00:20
The Vix system doesnt list the mast which I use and which is the only one available.

We generally only list areas/masts/regions where there are clashes. UK/All regions is fine for most people

cactikid
08-09-18, 10:33
Dare i ask about the 5v feed for aerial?
" enable 5v for active antenna " off,when does one need it switched on and what type of aerial in use on house?

Does an abm need setting up for region from a drop down list as just thinking out loud if something overlooked?

adm
08-09-18, 11:24
Dare i ask about the 5v feed for aerial?
" enable 5v for active antenna " off,when does one need it switched on and what type of aerial in use on house?

If you have a compatible mast head amplifier fitted to the aerial (antenna) then the box can provide the 5V power supply for it. However many mast head amplifiers require a 12V supply and this power supply will be supplied when the amp is purchased. In this latter case the power supply sends the power up the aerial lead by way of a small box placed in the aerial lead. If you have a amplifier fitted and there is no power to it then you are likley to have no signal at all.

Does an abm need setting up for region from a drop down list as just thinking out loud if something overlooked?

From what has been written it appears that the original poster (OP) gets his TV transmissions from a relay transmitter rather than from a main transmitter. A relay transmitter usually serves a small number of properties that are blocked from the main transmitter by a nearby hill/mountain or perhaps are deep in a valley. Relay transmitters often do not support all the MUXs and give a limited number of available TV channels. I recollect that the information supplied from a relay transmitter may reflect that from the main transmitter[1] from where itself gets the signals. This may make AMB settings problematic as the relay transmitter is operating on different frequencies to the main transmitter.

What the OP may be able to do is to use the new frequency finder option in ABM and then post here the information here so that a custom file can be checked. The OP needs to also tell us from which transmitter/relay he is expecting the signals.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59815-ABM-(Terrestrail-)-Add-HD-channels-regions&p=472867&viewfull=1#post472867

I've found the frequency finder option to have been of no use in my location but it may be a lot better for the OP in his location where he may only be able to recieve from one transmitter/relay

[1] A relay transmitter may identify itself as the main transmitter although it's only transmitting a small sub-set of TV programs and on different frequecies.

abu baniaz
08-09-18, 11:57
If the frequency finder does not work, we'll do it the manual way. Start from scratch, scan, obtain details from lamedb file.

birdman
08-09-18, 12:24
If you want to find out which transmitter you are using you can use:

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/main/index/dummy/NA/yes.
to find out the possibilities.

Hebridean
12-09-18, 09:03

You will be better off using the Terrestrial scan plugin.

If you want to persist with ABM use the frequency finder within ABM.

Thank you for your offer with help on these two methods. Being that your preference is for the Terrestrial scan plugin then I would like to try that first. If you could provide me with information on where to find the Terrestrial san plugin and how/if that works with ABM then I would be happy to try that.
Thanks,
Pete

Huevos
14-09-18, 22:56
TS is nothing to do with ABM. You can download it using the plugins browser (in system plugins). Once downloaded it appears in the Tuner Config menu.

Or use the frequency finder in ABM. https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59815-ABM-(Terrestrail-)-Add-HD-channels-regions&p=472867&viewfull=1#post472867

Hebridean
15-09-18, 08:30
TS is nothing to do with ABM. You can download it using the plugins browser (in system plugins). Once downloaded it appears in the Tuner Config menu.

Or use the frequency finder in ABM. https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59815-ABM-(Terrestrail-)-Add-HD-channels-regions&p=472867&viewfull=1#post472867

Appreciate you taking the time to post, will get on to these details this weekend. :thumbsup:

Hebridean
17-09-18, 14:50
I have installed and run the Terrestrial scan plugin and I have Terrestrial listed in the Bouquets list but when I select it I get the channels listed but none of the individual channels have any programs listed. It is possible to select a blank channel and that brings up the selected channel.

Have I missed something or got something wrong in the settings?

Huevos
17-09-18, 15:42
Please post screenshots.

Sounds like the bouquet is correct but your EPG is not downloaded.

birdman
17-09-18, 17:30
Have I missed something or got something wrong in the settings?Have you set the option to collect EPG from EIT?

Setup -> EPG -> Settings -> Enable EIT EPG

Hebridean
17-09-18, 18:27
Please post screenshots.

Sounds like the bouquet is correct but your EPG is not downloaded.

The local transmitter to me is Glengorm.

abu baniaz
17-09-18, 18:31
Screenshot of what receiver shows, not OpenWebIf. A guide to screenshots in my signature if you need it.

Please respond to Birdman question. It is default setting anyway.

Hebridean
17-09-18, 18:42
Have you set the option to collect EPG from EIT?

Setup -> EPG -> Settings -> Enable EIT EPG

I have just enabled the EIT setting and am doing another scan

Hebridean
17-09-18, 18:59
Fixed, thank you all :thumbsup:

abu baniaz
17-09-18, 23:21
There was no need to rescan after re-enabling the option.

How many channels do you get now? Do they all work?

Please attach your lamedb and lamedb5 files. They are located at /etc/enigma2.

Make a settings backup. Link to guide in my signature.

Run ABM frequency finder and attach the file it creates. More instructions about it in the ABM section.

Hebridean
18-09-18, 10:25

Run ABM frequency finder and attach the file it creates. More instructions about it in the ABM section.

I am trying to run ABM frequency finder - can you confirm this is the thread I should be following:

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59815-ABM-(Terrestrail-)-Add-HD-channels-regions

Huevos
18-09-18, 13:59
I am trying to run ABM frequency finder - can you confirm this is the thread I should be following:

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59815-ABM-(Terrestrail-)-Add-HD-channels-regionsY e s

abu baniaz
18-09-18, 20:31

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59815-ABM-(Terrestrail-)-Add-HD-channels-regions

Are you not going to upload the files I asked or answer questions asked? It will get complicated if you do the other stages and then return to the earlier ones.

Hebridean
19-09-18, 09:39
Are you not going to upload the files I asked or answer questions asked? It will get complicated if you do the other stages and then return to the earlier ones.

I did all the listed tasks yesterday but the last task failed and rebooted the sat box so I wanted to get some screen shots before I submitted my reply. Unfortunately, I have been tied up with personal matters since yesterday and wont be able to get the chance to respond to you until tomorrow. Sorry :o

abu baniaz
19-09-18, 15:57
Hope everything goes well with your personal matter. The receiver can wait.

Hebridean
20-09-18, 09:31

I have 75 channels - a mixture of radio and tv - only red button channel didnt have anything showing.

I have included the lame files in the attached zip file

I have made a setting backup to a USB stick

I ran the frequency finder but it crashed - the log report is in the attached zip file.

Thanks

adm
20-09-18, 10:07
I have 75 channels - a mixture of radio and tv - only red button channel didnt have anything showing.

Sometimes it doesn't broadcst anything, sometimes just an endless loop of a half hour program etc. but have you a 7 day EPG for the Red button channel?

Hebridean
20-09-18, 10:29
Sometimes it doesn't broadcst anything, sometimes just an endless loop of a half hour program etc. but have you a 7 day EPG for the Red button channel?

Yes, it runs through the 7 days

abu baniaz
20-09-18, 20:43
What is the name of the mast that your aerial points to please? I recall a post with it being mentioned, but I can't find it.

Can you try the attached provider file.
Place it in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers
Delete the providers.cache in the same location before re-entering ABM

We are trying to get Freeview working for you, so please disable all other providers and enable only the one supplied for you.

Can you enable debug logs and extra debug detail in ABM. Please read this thread about logs
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44783-Please-read-before-raising-ABM-support-questions

Run ABM and then upload the following:
EXAMPLE files from /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom
Debug log

Can you also answer the following questions with regards to ABM results:

How many TV channels do you get now?
Do they all work?

Hebridean
21-09-18, 15:07
What is the name of the mast that your aerial points to please? I recall a post with it being mentioned, but I can't find it.

Place it in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

We are trying to get Freeview working for you, so please disable all other providers and enable only the one supplied for you.

Can you enable debug logs and extra debug detail in ABM. Please read this thread about logs
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44783-Please-read-before-raising-ABM-support-questions

Run ABM and then upload the following:
EXAMPLE files from /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom
Debug log

Can you also answer the following questions with regards to ABM results:

How many TV channels do you get now?
Do they all work?

The local mast for me is Glengorm

I ran ABM and it picked up Hebridean (wasn't sure if I was supposed to do a Terresterial scan so ran an autoscan)

I can't find any Debug Log in the specific folder that you mentioned

I have 123 channels and none of them show anything. Previously I had 75 and only the Red Button channel didnt show anything.

abu baniaz
21-09-18, 16:44
I don't know how to explain debug logs differently or better than in that thread. Please state what you have done so we can compare.

abu baniaz
22-09-18, 00:33

Hebridean
22-09-18, 08:45
I don't know how to explain debug logs differently or better than in that thread. Please state what you have done so we can compare.

I was just running through the instructions again and noticed on the 'enable debug logs' screen
it gave the location of the debug logs. I have included the last file from that folder. If you wish
me to run the whole test again, that is no problem, just let me know.

Thanks for your patience.

Hebridean
24-09-18, 09:17

Installed this file and deleted the cache file. Ran ABM - didn't crash.

The EPG now shows 108 channels of which 27 work.

abu baniaz
24-09-18, 11:31
Navigate to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom

Copy the file called EXAMPLE_hd_terrestrial_uk_freeview_CustomLCN.xml to your PC

Make a copy and name it "unchanged". Do not touch this, hence the name. Upload it here. You can do that before you do next step

Using a linux compatible editor like notepad++, edit the file so that the non-working channels are remaining. Attach the file here.

Hebridean
24-09-18, 12:51
Navigate to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom

Copy the file called EXAMPLE_hd_terrestrial_uk_freeview_CustomLCN.xml to your PC

Make a copy and name it "unchanged". Do not touch this, hence the name. Upload it here. You can do that before you do next step

Using a linux compatible editor like notepad++, edit the file so that the non-working channels are remaining. Attach the file here.

unchanged file attached

Hebridean
24-09-18, 14:40

non_working file attached.

abu baniaz
24-09-18, 21:31
I'll have a look soon. We need to create a custom mix file file which will delete the services you cannot receive.

abu baniaz
25-09-18, 13:21
Please place this file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom

Run ABM and then check your bouquets again. Remember to change bouquet after running ABM so that you are not looking at a cached one.