PDA

View Full Version : help needed with tiviar alpha + ( vix) picture freezing and jumping,

duracell_rabbit
29-08-18, 19:24
Hi,
Any help with a Tiviar alpha + ( vix ) picture freezing and jumping, starts off just doing it for a second every so often then progresses to two or three seconds every so often.

picture has started to freeze and jump,

already checked cables and changed to see if they was faulty,
checked for updates and all is up to date,
done reboots of box and this solves the problem for around five minutes then it starts back up again. gradually increasing in time and frequency,

thanks for any help and advice in advance.
:thumbsup:

twol
29-08-18, 20:10
.......... a little more detail would help ... sat, cable, IPTV, VIX version ...... any particular channel..... information helps!!

duracell_rabbit
29-08-18, 21:03
sorry should have included more info.

sat feed,
image : 5.1.032 (release) auto updated,

it is a real mixture of channels there's been no set pattern to which it happens on, sky news, bbc, e4, pbs, them all really at some point over the last two weeks,

duracell_rabbit
29-08-18, 21:05
im just gonna pop to a neighbor as i live in a multi block to see if they are having trouble with their feed,
will take my box there an see if i get the same trouble from their feed, in case its a problem with the feed coming into the flat

will be back shortly to post

adm
29-08-18, 21:51
im just gonna pop to a neighbor as i live in a multi block to see if they are having trouble with their feed,
will take my box there an see if i get the same trouble from their feed, in case its a problem with the feed coming into the flat

will be back shortly to post

In menu -> Setup -> audio and Video -> Settings what have you set the Refresh Rate to? UK television transmissions are 50Hz so if you have set Multi or 60Hz there may just be a problem with a frequency conversion. Try setting 50Hz.

Andy_Hazza
29-08-18, 21:53
Multi works just fine on all my receivers. Also setting to multi wouldn’t that self adjust to suit both if need be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
29-08-18, 22:06
I suppose it can be dependant on drivers too. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adm
29-08-18, 22:29
I suppose it can be dependant on drivers too. [emoji4]

And perhaps the settings on the TV recieving the video information.

duracell_rabbit
30-08-18, 18:46
managed to sort it, with a bit of luck.
i went into tuners and reconfigured them all, one by one,
setting them on a setting that wouldn't work then setting them on the one that would.

it seems to have fixed it

thank you guys for all the input and help on here ,

duracell_rabbit
01-09-18, 23:34
Well i thought i had, the problem returned this evening,

Was absolutely fine up until 11pm then all of a sudden it's back.
Just a small freeze to start with lasted just over a second then about 2 minutes later it happened again but this time it lasted a couple of second,
Then it started happening at a rate of every minute an lasted 2 seconds and is now doing it constantly.

Any ideas, thoughts

Hebridean
02-09-18, 08:31
Obscure thought but worth asking, how old is the Alpha and is the fault time/heat related i.e. only happens when it has been out of standby for a couple of hours? Does the fault appear in any recordings that are made at the time the fault is present.

Have you tried a different TV/Screen in case it is that and not the STB.