PDA

View Full Version : Channel Numbers - Want 1 to be BBC1

A&S&O
29-08-18, 18:04
Finally getting around to configuring my Xtrend ET7100 V2. Running VIX and using Freeview.

I'm sure this is newbie question-

I've tuned the box, but when I choose channel 1 I get BBC News - can I renumber so I get BBC1? BBC2 on 2, ITV on 3 etc.?

Also, the edge of the display is missing on the TV - is that a box setting or a TV setting?

thanks

Andy_Hazza
29-08-18, 18:35
If used ABM and setup correctly, 1 (or 101) should be BBC 1, so don’t know what you have done wrong.
Missing text on your tv is your tv settings that are at fault. Its an overscan issue. Different tv have different wordings/meanings. For instance by LG is a feature called Just Scan in my display settings. Panasonic is simply called Overscan, etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A&S&O
29-08-18, 20:07
Thanks very much for your reply. You can assume I messed up when setting up the box - is it possible to run the procedure again without starting from scratch and wiping other settings?

I'll check the overscan settings - its a Samsung TV.

thanks agin

Andy_Hazza
29-08-18, 20:53
The Samsung overscan settings are in the Display settings. That is called Just Scan or Just Scale, something along those lines anyhow.

Are you using ABM (AutoBouquetMaker) to create your channels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A&S&O
30-08-18, 09:24
I've come to the conclusion that I really don't know what I'm doing.

I've performed a factory reset and retuned, but Channel 1 still comes up as BBC News. I'm not sure what I'm doing with regards to Bouquets.

Is there a step by step beginners guide that I can work through?

abu baniaz
30-08-18, 09:27
Do you have any bouquets?
If yes, how have you made them?

A&S&O
30-08-18, 09:32
No, I haven't made any bouquets.

adm
30-08-18, 10:13
No, I haven't made any bouquets.

see the video guide on setting up ABM (AutoBouqueteMaker) for UK Freeview.
http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/video-guides/

A&S&O
01-09-18, 19:48
Thanks all, the guides made all the difference - wish I'd found them earlier.