PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Stream live channel to Samsung smart tv J5200

MrKappa
28-08-18, 21:38
Hello' I'm considering finally to remove the AV repeater which I used in the past to watch satellite channels in another room, this method is obsolete since some time! I'm using a Samsung J5200 on kitchen and I'd like to stream channels from a Gigablue box on another room to this tv.
Streaming of recording or videos via DLNA is fine and I set UShare and then the server is detected from the tv not needing any specifing app (same as Plex server) and streaming speed and quality is fine.
About streaming of live channel I have tested a Chromecast on tv, and I streamed via GB Player from an Android phone to the tv, but the video is not smooth, perhaps it might need to play with some parameters ie reducing the stream video quality, in such case I understand there are several variables to consider but it might be the way.
Unfortunately I cannot install e2stream on this tv, the J5200 has some limitations on apps and I cannot install apps as developer. On the tv I see there are some apps for IPTV but I guess they work with different method, using other types of server if I understood correctly.
Please, what do you suggest as alternative method today?
Thanks

MrKappa
28-08-18, 21:52
I have tested also Home, the Chromecast app using the function to transmit the video from the smartphone to chomecast, quality is acceptable, but it require the phone to be always ON, it just duplicate what I have in the phone, is not casting.

MrKappa
02-09-18, 16:26
Please, anyone can suggest me the best method? As I see to stream the channel in real time from gigablue via GB Player from a smartphone or from the pc, browsing via web interface then in both cases (smartphone or pc) I open vlc and I stream to chromecast in the kitchen. On pc on vlc there is a setting to render directly to chromecast and is working, the HD quality is high but is discontinued and not fluent.
I wonder if there is some method to improve the conditions. As I mentioned before using UShare the quality of streaming of a recording from the box to the other tv via DLNA is working fine, so apparently the wifi network speed should not be a problem. Thanks.
PS: to moderator. If you think that this discussion is more general feel free to move it to other section in the forum.