PDA

View Full Version : Motorised - anything worthwhile left?

nicks88
27-08-18, 07:42
Hi all,

I moved into my new place around 6 months ago and brought with me my 1M motorised dish and Vu+ Solo2 box. However I haven't installed them yet as I've been running IPTV on an Android box fairly well since moving in.

Question is - is there anything decent left to view with a motorised setup? Pretty much have everything I need on IPTV. I only ask because I'm so reluctant to get rid of the motorised to (too many fond memories to tinkering and scanning over the last 10 years or so!)

Any help/opinions appreciated.

Thanks, Nik

twol
27-08-18, 09:30
The thing to remember is that IPTV is likely to be time limited e.g. at some stage it will be blocked - sure people will do their best to overcome restrictions and find an alternative - but with the dish you can always go direct to the sat feeds.

nicks88
27-08-18, 12:34
The thing to remember is that IPTV is likely to be time limited e.g. at some stage it will be blocked - sure people will do their best to overcome restrictions and find an alternative - but with the dish you can always go direct to the sat feeds.

Thanks - but from my understanding, I thought most channels on sat are blocked? At least the HD ones anyway.

twol
27-08-18, 13:31
Well, there are still a lot around and obviously some use cards that can be bought and used in the receiver ..... obviously not Sky UK (although Sky Germany is still doable).... so it depends on what you want to watch ... I have to admit I have kind of become bored with all the US series - so gone back to European stuff....

nikefreak4eva
27-08-18, 13:48
I think 19.2 + 13,0 & 28.2E are good are there any other worth while frequency's out there for the UK ?

joysleep1
27-08-18, 14:51
Also iptv is minutes behind.. I take it with motorised satellite it would not be that behind right?

Huevos
27-08-18, 21:34
There is still stuff on satellite, both fta and encrypted. Only 2 providers really have been lost. Sky UK and Sky Italia. Pretty much everything else works as before.

Silent
28-08-18, 09:49
Also iptv is minutes behind.. I take it with motorised satellite it would not be that behind right?

My IPTV runs about 15 seconds behind the SD satellite feed, but is substantially better quality so worth the delay. I mean, if you use Cable feeds they run about 45 seconds behind sky anyway!

abu baniaz
28-08-18, 10:54
There is even difference between Terrestrial and satellite.

joysleep1
28-08-18, 16:14
My IPTV runs about 15 seconds behind the SD satellite feed, but is substantially better quality so worth the delay. I mean, if you use Cable feeds they run about 45 seconds behind sky anyway!

No way is cable 45 seconds behind sky satellite. That's not true at all. And all iptv servers that I've tested are way more than 15 seconds behind.. Some are like a minute and a half behind

nicks88
28-08-18, 16:58
No way is cable 45 seconds behind sky satellite. That's not true at all. And all iptv servers that I've tested are way more than 15 seconds behind.. Some are like a minute and a half behind

It's a bit hit and miss I think. I've got 2 different providers and both are delayed on most occasions (but less then a minute) comparing to terrestrial. However, sometimes if you flick back to the same channel it reduces the delay. Must be a buffering type issue I think.

Delay isn't a massive issue for me tbh; prefer the higher quality streams with IPTV in comparison to Cable/Sat.

Think I'm going to bite the bullet and put up my box at least for sale. Maybe someone can make use of it.

Huevos
28-08-18, 18:04
Does it really matter if there is a short delay?

twol
28-08-18, 18:10
....... the one thing I don‘t see with IPTV is consistent continuous high quality, obviously I am watching the wrong streams but comments on the recent USA golf and Amazons tennis efforts would support me!!