PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Unexpected standby

jukkal2
26-08-18, 17:37
I was watching a recording, not touching the remote control at the moment, when suddenly and unexpectedly the Ultimo turned to standby.
When I hit the power button, the movie continued. And I think after a while this happened again.
This was not the first time, the same has happened a few times earlier this Summer, I'm not sure when was the first time but I think it was in July.
And I think the first time was before the latest software update I did, so 5.1.032 is not the first image I have seen this with.
Last time it happened, I turned the debug logging on to have some log if it happens again..
When I tried to upload the whole debug log file, I got a complaint that it was too big, so I cut it down and the file I uploaded starts a while before where I think it shows the start of viewing the movie.
I do NOT believe my box having been hacked, because my router doesn't forward any traffic from the public Internet to it.

twol
26-08-18, 17:57
have you set a timer in the past or by mistake to put it into standby and wakeup?? there is an entry that talks of next wakeup time - although don't know enough about timers to say (look in setup -> timers)

jukkal2
26-08-18, 18:07
have you set a timer in the past or by mistake to put it into standby and wakeup?? there is an entry that talks of next wakeup time - although don't know enough about timers to say (look in setup -> timers)

No, I have never had any power timers.

jukkal2
26-08-18, 18:13
I forgot to mention that I checked the temperature from the info menu after waking the box up from standby, and it showed 40 degrees. Is this too high? (This has been a warm Summer even in Finland..)

twol
26-08-18, 19:02
No, I have never had any power timers.

.... but just check menu/timers/powertimers ... if only for my piece of mind!!
You think you were hot you should live here in Bavaria!!! So don‘t think it would be a heat issue

jukkal2
26-08-18, 21:15
.... but just check menu/timers/powertimers ... if only for my piece of mind!!
I did, there was nothing there as I expected.

jukkal2
06-09-18, 18:40
Now it happened again with 5.1.033, several times within five minutes.

ccs
06-09-18, 18:53
Your debug log is awash with Hdmi CEC messages, and there appear to be lots of power key actions just before shutdown.

Can you check the hdmi cable/tv, and maybe the power button on the remote is sticking??

jukkal2
06-09-18, 19:33
Your debug log is awash with Hdmi CEC messages, and there appear to be lots of power key actions just before shutdown.
Can you check the hdmi cable/tv, and maybe the power button on the remote is sticking??

I noticed the Hdmi CEC messages in the log and wondered about them myself. However, the picture shows with no visible problems (when the box does NOT go to standby by itself). Anyway, I unplugged and re-plugged both ends of the hdmi cable just in case.
I THOUGHT I had disabled the standby command from tv, but it was enabled.. now I disabled it.
(I don't want the tv to control any other devices, I want only the other devices to signal the tv to select the hdmi input when power is turned on in the other device)
Hope these help, I'll return if this happens again.

If the power button on the remote would be sticking, wouldn't it either toggle power between on and off? Now it only gets turned off by itself and never on.

I wonder if it is time to change buy a new hdmi cable.. now I remember that when I bought a bluray player three years ago, its picture sometimes flashed, and interchanging the hdmi cables of the bluray player and ultimo fixed that, and the Ultimo worked fine with the cable that caused problems with the bluray player.