PDA

View Full Version : Archiving Recordings

Hebridean
26-08-18, 13:36
I’m hoping that my Alpha+ will arrive on Tuesday but in the meantime I have been looking at the Vix user manual and watching the Vix videos. However, I can’t see any references to transferring the HDD recordings to a usb or external drive.

I have read the section that refers to saving recordings to drives on the LAN but that doesn’t mention anything about existing recordings.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible or do I need to save the recordings to a usb or NAS drive in the first instance.

ccs
26-08-18, 13:48
You can move recordings from one place to another, it's an option in movie list.

The destination needs to exist (obviously), the drives may need mounting first depending on what type they are.

adm
26-08-18, 15:04
If referring to existing recordings, say, on a PC…

Connect the Alpha to your router via Ethernet cable, or maybe by wi-fi. The former is recommended.

You can set-up SAMBA (from the menus) so that the hard disk on your Alpha box is seen as just a hard disk on your home network. You can than cut/past, drag/drop your existing recording from the PC (using the PC) and visa-versa.

You can also FTP files to/from the box from the PC.

SAMBA
First connect the box to your home network
Then on the box menu → setup → Network → Utilities → Samba → enable (autostart)

Screenshot of how my ET10000 box and hard disk is seen on my PC running Windows10.
Recordings are stored in the movies folder.

v8rick
26-08-18, 15:25
i often use move option to send recordings to other boxes or usb drives