PDA

View Full Version : [OS-mega] Cannot USB Flash

kokojnr
23-08-18, 19:34
Problem: Box is so slow and crashes randomly

What i have done so far:

8GB usb stick formatted to FAT32 using mini-tools partition software ( i cannot download HP format tool, no longer available on the link on openvix website).

Downloaded OS MEGA USB file from openvix website, extracted the folder on the zipped file, opened theextracted folder and copied the 5 files in the folder to the root of my USB stick.

Followed the flashing guide, but box still boots to existing image, i have now tried 3 different 8GB USB sticks but no luck.

Please how do i get to flash this box and start setup from scratch?

ccs
23-08-18, 19:40
The osmega folder of files needs to be copied to the usb stick, not the individual files.

kokojnr
23-08-18, 20:27
Maybe stupid question: but do I disconnected the satellite cables before trying to flash?

twol
23-08-18, 20:28
No, just any other usb stick should be removed

dsayers
23-08-18, 20:30
Can't you download and flash image via image manager?

Andy_Hazza
23-08-18, 20:32
Use Image Manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adm
23-08-18, 20:33
Also try by switching off at the mains plug for 1 minute (to let internal voltages die) and then switching back on, as opposed to just powing up the box from standby.

samsid
23-08-18, 20:52
as ccs said, copy the osmega folder rather than the files,regarding the HP formatting tool, just Google it, it's still available

twol
23-08-18, 21:11
Dsayers & Andy are absolutely correct -just flash online with ImageManager. USB flash is a pain in the ###

kokojnr
23-08-18, 21:13
Just flashed by USB now, copied the folder to root of usb, tried with the satellite cables connected, box booted to existing image.

I disconnected the satellite cables and tried again and flashed it.

Thanks all , really appreciated