PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Autotimer jams the box

d2mac
22-08-18, 16:41
After the new autotimer item is created via EPG, the timering autostarts after the few minutes and the box stops responding for rc commands (nor DCC-telnet ones). VIX keeps rotating

spanner123
23-08-18, 11:10
My Solo2 slows right down when it's doing an autotimer scan. Just press a button and wait is the most important thing, it will eventually respond. When autotimer scan finishes it goes back to normal!

Andy_Hazza
23-08-18, 11:26
AutoTimer scan?????????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccs
23-08-18, 11:30
The crash is caused by animations for some reason, have you installed a related plugin or switched animations on?

spanner123
23-08-18, 11:45
AutoTimer scan?????????

When the box is scanning the epg to set autotimer recordings. What do you call it?

Andy_Hazza
23-08-18, 12:56
To populate EPG data you are either using something like CrossEPG Downloader or EPG Importer. AutoTimer is for setting recordings. 2 completely different things.

spanner123
23-08-18, 13:24
To populate EPG data you are either using something like CrossEPG Downloader or EPG Importer. AutoTimer is for setting recordings. 2 completely different things.

When you set an autotimer the box scans the epg (once a day or whatever you have set in settings) to check for any upcoming programmes that you have set it to auto record. That's what I am talking about. Nothing to do with populating the epg.

Andy_Hazza
23-08-18, 13:53
When you set an autotimer the box scans the epg (once a day or whatever you have set in settings) to check for any upcoming programmes that you have set it to auto record. That's what I am talking about. Nothing to do with populating the epg.

Thats EPG not AutoTimer. You are confusing the 2. 1/ AutoTimer equals Recording and 2/ EPG gives you up to 7 days program info which is WHAT you are referring to. [emoji4]

Andy_Hazza
23-08-18, 13:56
If you’ve setup your receiver correctly, you would have ABM to maybe scan on a daily basis and you would have your EPG to scan on a daily basis (after your ABM scan).

spanner123
23-08-18, 14:14
Thats EPG not AutoTimer. You are confusing the 2. 1/ AutoTimer equals Recording and 2/ EPG gives you up to 7 days program info which is WHAT you are referring to. [emoji4]

I really don't know why you think I am confused. How does the autotimer find the programmes that the user has set to record via autotimer. Surely it scans the epg and finds the programme, whether it is on everyday or every week etc, and then sets a record for that programme?

Andy_Hazza
23-08-18, 14:27
AutoTimer finds the info from the EPG data that you will have a scheduled scan set for.

Andy_Hazza
23-08-18, 14:28
How else would AutoTimer be able to work if no EPG data was present?

spanner123
23-08-18, 14:31
AutoTimer finds the info from the EPG data that you will have a scheduled scan set for.

Thank you, exactly what I said many posts back! So an autotimer epg scan as you put it or autotimer scan as I put it. :)

Andy_Hazza
23-08-18, 14:37
Just wrong terminology used I guess.

birdman
23-08-18, 14:40
Thats EPG not AutoTimer. He's probably referring to using an EPG display to set an AutoTimer.

It looks like an extension is trying to do some sort of animation (for LCD4Linux?) when popping up the results of the AutoTimer scan - and failing.

d2mac
24-08-18, 17:52
Here's what exactly happens.
1) Selecting the new program title via EPG
2)Blue button-Setting Autotimer
3) Un-checking other but name search
4) Saving the new item for the Autotimer
5) After 3 minutes the Autotimer refresh the recording timers (obviously based on EPG data)
6) VIX starts to rotate (Doesn't with regular 6h interval updates but only if 1-5 done)
7) Box stopping the respond to RC and Telnet commands (DCC2) but TV or movie from the HDD stays playing. Movie plays till the end and picture stops. Also timer recordings happens on the background
8) Only way to recover (been waiting +1h) is Mains switch Off

twol
24-08-18, 18:07
So do you use an internal HDD or ?
Have you checked for disk errors?
Have you tried something useful like putty to access the box, so that we can access logs at the time.

Andy_Hazza
24-08-18, 18:11
Here's what exactly happens.
1) Selecting the new program title via EPG
2)Blue button-Setting Autotimer
3) Un-checking other but name search
4) Saving the new item for the Autotimer
5) After 3 minutes the Autotimer refresh the recording timers (obviously based on EPG data)
6) VIX starts to rotate (Doesn't with regular 6h interval updates but only if 1-5 done)
7) Box stopping the respond to RC and Telnet commands (DCC2) but TV or movie from the HDD stays playing. Movie plays till the end and picture stops. Also timer recordings happens on the background
8) Only way to recover (been waiting +1h) is Mains switch Off

Blue button recordings “series link” do not work on IPTV. You can only Green button “one off recording” on IPTV, and you’ll be lucky if it survives without any problems.

d2mac
25-08-18, 22:03
So do you use an internal HDD or ?
Have you checked for disk errors?
Have you tried something useful like putty to access the box, so that we can access logs at the time.

I forgot to mention that pressing the RC (7) the up right corner the gray icon appears but the command itself doesn't go through.
Via telnet 'init 6' works, allowing to reboot the box.
HDD disk check gave no errors (no files found - the box is not in English so wording might not be exact).

What logs (&how) I should take via telnet?

Andy_Hazza
25-08-18, 22:18
I forgot to mention that pressing the RC (7) the up right corner the gray icon appears but the command itself doesn't go through.
Via telnet 'init 6' works, allowing to reboot the box.
HDD disk check gave no errors (no files found - the box is not in English so wording might not be exact).

What logs (&how) I should take via telnet?

You just need to stop trying to Blue Button “series link” to record IPTV, as this feature is not possible on ViX.

birdman
26-08-18, 00:20
You just need to stop trying to Blue Button “series link” to record IPTV, as this feature is not possible on ViX.If it doesn't work then perhaps we should stop it from doing anything?
Expecting the user to not use it while knowing it will freeze the box is unfriendly.

twol
26-08-18, 08:06
If it doesn't work then perhaps we should stop it from doing anything?
Expecting the user to not use it while knowing it will freeze the box is unfriendly.

Well, I guess it depends on how far you go to bend an architecture to do something it wasn't built to support ... if ViX doesn't support I am guessing that none of the images support IPTV in this way.

d2mac
26-08-18, 08:25
You just need to stop trying to Blue Button “series link” to record IPTV, as this feature is not possible on ViX.

What do you mean "Blue Button “series link” to record IPTV" ???
The AutoTimer items of the list are all for DVB-T/T2/S channels and the most of them are created via Graf.EPG view by 'Blue Button'

birdman
26-08-18, 11:26
You just need to stop trying to Blue Button “series link” to record IPTV.I can't see where IPTV comes into this. It's not mentioned by the OP and I can't see it in the debug log. All I can see is an AnimationSetup extension issue, which seems to be(?) trying to animate a StaticText object.

twol
26-08-18, 13:43
I can't see where IPTV comes into this. It's not mentioned by the OP and I can't see it in the debug log. All I can see is an AnimationSetup extension issue, which seems to be(?) trying to animate a StaticText object.
Yes, correct, shouldn‘t believe Andy all the time!!

birdman
27-08-18, 03:14
Yes, correct, shouldn‘t believe Andy all the time!!I'm a sceptic by default. I don't necessarily believe myself.

d2mac
04-09-18, 10:19
I upgraded to .33 and the problem still exist.

I learned that this phenomenon happens if the new Autotimer instance is created during watching the previous recording. (If there's no playback ongoing the box won't jam)

d2mac
11-09-18, 17:23
I managed to get Error screen shot. This happens few minutes after Autotimer item has been added (i.e when the timer re-recreation starts)

Hopefully this helps 57448

Andy_Hazza
11-09-18, 18:58
You need to provide proper logs.

birdman
12-09-18, 00:28
You need to provide proper logs.He did in the first post, although the info there is different (the actual error message is the same).

The problem seems to be something to do with animations (related to LCD4Linux?).

d2mac
12-09-18, 20:18
Also the odd thing is that the box UI jams only when the new autotimer item is placed and the timer update runs first time (delay 3min).

After rebooting the box runs OK. Just created item is on the Autotimer list and behaves nicely - new recording timers are added and timer refreshes (every 6h) cause no problems.

d2mac
13-09-18, 10:40
Update: I notice that the problem is not about the add items but manipulating Autotimer list. There was one item on the list with inactive timer creation (i.e. no green tag) after enabling the timer creation I got this 57450
No new crash log though.

ccs
13-09-18, 11:24
Have you got animations switched on in user interface?

d2mac
13-09-18, 19:36
The lcd4linux has different views for TV & Playback, they have the progress bar on.
--lcd4config---
config.BilderJPEG=75
config.BilderJPEGQuick=60
config.CalLine=1
config.CalListLines=3
config.ChannelLines=1
config.Clock=1
config.Clock2Analog=1
config.Clock2Spacing=0
config.ClockAlign=0
config.ClockAnalog=1
config.ClockColor=gold