PDA

View Full Version : For the sake of my sanity - please can someone post a recipe for disabling subtitles?

steveharman
20-08-18, 18:21
Hi,

Every now and again I have to go through the torture of disabling subtitles from movie files. Perhaps after a software update or something?

At some point I'll stumble on the correct combination of AC3 this, select default language that, disable preferred masonic habdshake or whatever, in the Audio settings and I will no longer have English language subtitles on English language movie files for a while. Which if I'm honest feels like a fairly reasonable default position.

Can anyone help me understand what my seemingly random selection of options needs to be, to fully, permanently, never again have English subs when watching movies with an English audio track please?

I can't find any suggestions in other posts which work for me on the latest Openvix build. On Kodi it's this; "Subtitles: off" when playing a movie. :-)

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Willo3092
20-08-18, 18:35
These are my settings in openwebif and I don't get subtitles unless I turn them on manually.

cactikid
20-08-18, 18:54
Just checked mine also same as above.

steveharman
20-08-18, 19:24
Fantastic, thanks both - I'll give that a try tonight.

steveharman
20-08-18, 19:49
Aarrrgh they're still showing! Even tried restarting the box just in case the settings values were cached, no luck.

Tried the same files on Kodi just to verify the subs aren't hard coded (would be a bit strange, hard coded English subs on an english-only audio track).

But no; In Kodi; Subtitles > off and away they go. How do I manually toggle / enable subtitles in Vix ?

Willo3092
20-08-18, 20:07
I use a non-standard remote control and have mapped the yellow button to audio/subtitles in Usage and GUI. Do you have a subtitle button on the remote?
If so switch them off and restart GUI.

steveharman
20-08-18, 22:06
I have the original Gigablue remote but can't find a Subtitles button. Should there be one?

cactikid
20-08-18, 22:18
Unsure anything in the audio settings on remote?

roy0110
21-08-18, 05:19
I have the original Gigablue remote but can't find a Subtitles button. Should there be one?

on the qigablue quad remoter is a button titled SUBT

Scherzzo
10-09-18, 07:47
Guys,

Really need some help with this, I download a movie file and it has subtitles encoded into it which can be disabled in VLC but when transferred to the box it auto selects the subtitles. Seems to only happen on MKV files.

Any ideas?

Regards

Scherzzo

Andy_Hazza
10-09-18, 08:44
Press Audio button twice to get to your subtitle option. Boxes may vary, but this is what I do on my Vu+ receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronand
10-09-18, 09:46
There is a specific setting for enabling/disabling external subtitles in the new 5.2 image (and it works). So be patient and wait for its release.

gibbletts
10-09-18, 14:26
I find it quite amusing people complain about subtitle issues on illegally downloaded material��

Scherzzo
10-09-18, 21:31
I find it quite amusing people complain about subtitle issues on illegally downloaded material��

Making assumptions there! I'll wait for 5.2 release

Huevos
10-09-18, 23:25
I find it quite amusing people complain about subtitle issues on illegally downloaded material��If that were the reason he wouldn't be able to disable them in VLC.

ronand
13-09-18, 09:14
Actually I slipped up - the option is already in the 5.1 image (I just never noticed it). Menu->Setup->User Interface->Subtitles. Its the last item.