PDA

View Full Version : Recording 8 channels on 2 transponders

fimp
29-01-11, 15:18
I have a quadruple LNB connected to my Vu+ Duo with two cables. So both LNB inputs should be in use.

I want to record 8 different channels at once. 7 of them are on one transponder, the eighth is on another transponder.

I have tried timering 8 recordings, but although files for all 8 recordings show up on the HD, only 4 of them actually contain video.

In the LNB configuration, I have set both LNB to the simple config.

Is it possible to record these 8 channels at once on 2 different transponders? How can I set it up?

xarqi
30-01-11, 00:00
I've managed 5 from 2 tps, if that is any help.
I understand that the limitation can be hard disc speed. What drive do you have?
Another issue may be the amount of data and that may depend on how many of the streams are HD and how many SD.

More than that, I don't know.

basilyoung
30-01-11, 00:10
my understang is..you can record up to eight channels, but 4 would be on one transponder, the other would be on either the same transponder, or a differnt transponder
with what you are asking, you would get 4 recordings on 1 transponder, and a single recording on the other

baz

( most i have recorded for test purposes, is 4 recordings ( 2 x 2 )

Hakon
30-01-11, 19:29
Recording of 5 channels is the maximum, the box can not demux more than this 5 channels.

parkher
30-01-11, 23:56
I think specifications say "6 channels", but I also was able to record only 4, I tried with BBCi streams - there are 6 of them on one transponder (or even 7) , so easy to test.
4 normally, others - zero length video.
Did not try with many HD channels yet.

Hakon
31-01-11, 06:33
5 x HD channels are possible to record, works here with Open PLi 2.0

fimp
01-02-11, 07:24
5 x HD channels are possible to record, works here with Open PLi 2.0
How many SD channels can you record?

Hakon
01-02-11, 19:36
As i said before 5 x SD (or HD) is maximum as the box can't demux more than this.

jusaju
01-02-11, 20:20
As i said before 5 x SD (or HD) is maximum as the box can't demux more than this.

Hi
So you mean with one lnb/one dish ?
If so I have to disagree.

You can do more..last time I checked I was recording more.
But then i have to check again.ATM I canīt do it.

(...normally I do not record very much :) )

fimp
02-02-11, 07:56
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand, nothing is demuxed at recording time. The box is just saving a stream 1:1.

Hakon
02-02-11, 18:32
Hi
So you mean with one lnb/one dish ?
If so I have to disagree.

You can do more..last time I checked I was recording more.
But then i have to check again.ATM I canīt do it.

(...normally I do not record very much :) )

It does not depend on the LNB, 5x recordings is the maximum. Yes you can start more recordings than this, but try to watch the program on the sixth rec.The sixth rec will show up in the list but nothing in the file.