PDA

View Full Version : Quest channel tune failed

lost_one
18-08-18, 23:08
STB: ET10000

Image: OpenVIX

I just ran ABM a few times and also did an "old school" scan of 28.2E.

I'm getting a "Tune Failed" message for Quest and Quest +1 and Quest Red <<< I think that'S what it's called.

Are all of the Quest channels on Freesat?

Thanks.

adm
19-08-18, 08:56
STB: ET10000

Thanks.

I know it doesn't help, but I have a ET10000 and use ABM and have Quest, Quest+1, Quest HD, Quest Red and Quest Red+1 from 28.2E (Freesat selected in ABM),

abu baniaz
19-08-18, 11:06
If an "old school" scan finds less than 900 services, you have an alignment/hardware issue.

Check in signal finder whether you can receive
12382 Horizontal 27500 5/6

lost_one
22-10-18, 21:24
I know thhis is an old thread, but I'm still having the same problems, but ONLY PERIODICALLY.

HEART TV and CAPITAL TV also display "tune failed" message.

I tried the suggestion to use signal fiinder, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at?

I attached a screenshot of CAPITAL TV if that helps.57618

I remember threads about Xtrend boxes having difficulties tuning some freqs but I can't remember which. Maybe this freq falls into that category.

The dish/STB/LNB have been the same for about 6 years now, so nothing has been tinkered with.

I do have the original POS $ly mini-dish, I'm not sure if this would have any effect on tuning certain freqs?

Thanks

slacker17
22-10-18, 22:45
Heart and Capital no longer broadcast.

adm
23-10-18, 10:21
Heart and Capital no longer broadcast.

And if its still the first list that you are still not receiving it could be that your dish has moved very slightly. The signals come not from one satellite but from a cluster and if you dish is very slightly misaligned you could be getting unreliable signals from just one of these satellites and reliable signals from the rest.

Quest etc. (the channels that you originally had problems with) all come from the same satellite – Astra 2E.

Check the channels also from Astra 2E at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_free-to-air_channels_at_28%C2%B0E
and see if you also have problems with those.