PDA

View Full Version : Technomate TM Nano M3 froze on splash screen

pawnhawk
17-08-18, 13:09
Hi All I need some help with my frozen box, I have this Technomate nano m3 box I was having trouble with EPG, the epg would show for a second and then go off.
I eventually fixed that, but the next day I went to switch it on and it has frozen on the open pli splash screen. I cannot enter any menu's so I cannot do a factory reset, the only thing I can do at present is use dream box control to edit th nano m3. Is there a way of flashing an image to the m3 box via ftp, other than that I am lost, so I am hoping some out there can help.[/I]

abu baniaz
17-08-18, 13:14
Factory reset does not really factory reset. It is misleading.

Have you tried flashing another image by USB?

pawnhawk
17-08-18, 14:42
Factory reset does not really factory reset. It is misleading.

Have you tried flashing another image by USB?

I do have a usb to rs232, but not sure how to do a flash this way perhaps you may be able to help me how to do it.

pawnhawk
17-08-18, 14:45
Should have read your reply properly, can you help how do you flash via USB,

bellejt
17-08-18, 14:48
USB flash means with an image on USB stick

Andy_Hazza
17-08-18, 14:52
You need to flash an image via a usb flash drive. Your image for your receiver can be found here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/technomate-images/tm-nano-m3/
Your receiver flashing guide can be found here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/receiver-usb-flashing-guides/technomate-usb-flashing-guides/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pawnhawk
17-08-18, 15:11
You need to flash an image via a usb flash drive. Your image for your receiver can be found here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/technomate-images/tm-nano-m3/
Your receiver flashing guide can be found here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/receiver-usb-flashing-guides/technomate-usb-flashing-guides/

Thanks for your replies, but I cannot do this as I am unable to enter any of the menu's to do a flash. With this model you need to be able to get to the menu's for flash to be done, any other ideas would help

abu baniaz
17-08-18, 15:53
You don't enter the menu to flash.

Have you read the flashing guide?

twol
17-08-18, 16:05
Thanks for your replies, but I cannot do this as I am unable to enter any of the menu's to do a flash. With this model you need to be able to get to the menu's for flash to be done, any other ideas would help
Really ?? Its an Enigma receiver.
You download the image onto a FAT32 usb stick, power on and it should flash (you may have to hit enter or some other key) to flash,

pawnhawk
17-08-18, 18:48
That’s what I thought when I bought the box, but it’s not the case if you put a usb drive in the the box and fire it up nothing happens. It just stay on the splash screen, it’s a very unusual box. The only way I could flash the box was through the menu on the box, now that’s gone there now way to to update the box.
I think I may just ditch the box and get another one.

twol
17-08-18, 19:22
You need to persevere with the usb and make sure you have copied the correct files/folder to the usb stick.... throwing a box away because you don‘t have the patience to sort it, is not a good excuse.

Andy_Hazza
17-08-18, 19:31
That’s what I thought when I bought the box, but it’s not the case if you put a usb drive in the the box and fire it up nothing happens. It just stay on the splash screen, it’s a very unusual box. The only way I could flash the box was through the menu on the box, now that’s gone there now way to to update the box.
I think I may just ditch the box and get another one.

Read the guide I linked you to. Obviously you are doing something wrong.

twol
17-08-18, 21:18
Maybe we should also look at the initial issue as replacing with another box probably will not fix the issues you have.

abu baniaz
17-08-18, 21:28
What size USB stick are you using?
What file system is it formatted in?
How many USB devices are connected?
Post a screenshot of USB flash drive contents please.

pawnhawk
18-08-18, 11:49
What size USB stick are you using?
What file system is it formatted in?
How many USB devices are connected?
Post a screenshot of USB flash drive contents please.

Before I answer the above questions, Just a bit of general information for all the above answers, the links for the above image are right I have download this image for my box, which I have flashed once and everything went great. The other link are for flashing guides are for most technomate boxes, but mine is not mentioned. I have tried some of the guides mentioned but none work.
The usb stick I am using is 2Gb formatted to fat 32. There is only one usb stick connected to the box. There nothing else on the stick just the image in update folder, but I will try just putting the contents of the image on the stick and try that.
I will post back later.

abu baniaz
18-08-18, 12:18
You must have the "update" folder on USB flash drive. Try formatting the USB flash drive with the HP format tool first.

After you try that, please confirm whether you see the prompt on the screen or not.

You have to press OK on the remote if/when you get the prompt.

pawnhawk
18-08-18, 13:05
You must have the "update" folder on USB flash drive. Try formatting the USB flash drive with the HP format tool first.

After you try that, please confirm whether you see the prompt on the screen or not.

You have to press OK on the remote if/when you get the prompt.

You are a Star mate, I would not have believed that just using hp to format the stick would have made that much difference. I have used diskpart and windows own format tools and none worked. Once again thanks for all your help.

twol
18-08-18, 14:58
You are a Star mate, I would not have believed that just using hp to format the stick would have made that much difference. I have used diskpart and windows own format tools and none worked. Once again thanks for all your help.

So can we assume it flashed? !!

pawnhawk
18-08-18, 22:17
Yes everything is working just great again Abu baniaz solution worked brilliant, just going to setup the box to the way I would like it, once again thanks to all.