PDA

View Full Version : Xtream editor with XE VPN

jamesjay
15-08-18, 11:45
Hi Folks,

I have been using Xtream editor and because of the problems at certain times of day last Saturday and Sunday I have just got a Digibit VPN account, I chickened out of loading my VPN on the box via telnet and have used the Xtream editors own VPN or XE VPN setup and was hoping to get some input before the weekend if it worked or not for other members.

I have a VU+Solo2 with an up to date VIX image, when I FTP the VU+ I have ect/openvpn/client.conf and inside client.conf I have what looks like a working VPN, when I start the plugin the IP address changes and when I stop the plugin it reverts back to my old providers IP address, so I presume I have a working VPN on the Xtream editor plugin ready for when I need it.

It just seemed a little too easy given the problems I have read about, I was hoping someone using the same Xtream editor and built in XE VPN plugin would confirm it works for them, then hopefully I won't need to go down the telnet route unless I change providers.

Kind regards,
James.

TK4|2|1
15-08-18, 19:48
Yes it works

jamesjay
16-08-18, 00:53
Yes it works

Thanks for that, at least I will know at the weekend if it is my provider that is being blocked and not me!