PDA

View Full Version : Edision Mini OS+ Won't Boot

Errew
11-08-18, 10:29
Hi,

I can't get my Edision OS MINI + to boot. It just shows a flashing green light on front panel.

I am using openvix version 5 (not sure of exact version)

I have tried to flash the box by USB with several different vix versions and USB keys but it just keeps flashing the green light.

I am starting to think the box is bricked.

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can recover the box?

Andy_Hazza
11-08-18, 11:26
You tried without any external HDD plugged in etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
11-08-18, 12:39
Hi,

I can't get my Edision OS MINI + to boot. It just shows a flashing green light on front panel.

I am using openvix version 5 (not sure of exact version)

I have tried to flash the box by USB with several different vix versions and USB keys but it just keeps flashing the green light.

I am starting to think the box is bricked.

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can recover the box?

Bricked? ... I doubt it, that is extremely rare nowadays.
Unfortunately, flashing by USB can be a very tedious process, usually because it takes an age to find a USB stick that can be read...... try to find an old usb stick and re format to FAT32, then copy the latest ViX image onto the stick and try to reflash .....and follow the procedure e.g. no other usb connections other than the one used for the flash.

If you manage to flash, then lock up the usb stick somewhere safe for the next time!!

cactikid
11-08-18, 14:06
I use 3 working ones kingston,cruzer,and integral 8gb in size and no issues,box does have to be powered off to insert/remove.

Errew
11-08-18, 15:09
Hi Guys, Thanks for the suggestions.
I do not have anything else plugged in to the box.
I have tried 3 different USB keys all reformatted and with new images but all I am getting is the flashing green light.
I have flashed several different boxes with the USB keys so I don't think that is the problem.

bellejt
11-08-18, 15:16
format one with 256 Mb /fat32 and try then.Usely works.I have an old flash stick from 256 Mb and never had any problems with wathever box.

Ashley69
11-08-18, 15:53
It’s definitely the correct image?

Errew
11-08-18, 18:01
It’s definitely the correct image?

Yes, It’s the right image. I have flashed the box before so I know which image I need. I have even tried flashing with 4.2 but no difference.

twol
11-08-18, 18:44
When you boot the box you say you have a green light, but have you actually tried to connect to the box through the IP address and telnet (eg putty)??? Perhaps teh box is still alive but has an error on boot.

Errew
11-08-18, 20:59
When you boot the box you say you have a green light, but have you actually tried to connect to the box through the IP address and telnet (eg putty)??? Perhaps teh box is still alive but has an error on boot.

Yes, cannot connect through IP address.

cactikid
12-08-18, 09:36
What about a faulty power source as i think someone else might have had an issue,might you have another one to check if box boots up then?

Errew
12-08-18, 11:00
What about a faulty power source as i think someone else might have had an issue,might you have another one to check if box boots up then?

I have tried a different power source but no change.
I am trying to source an old USB key 256mb as suggested.
Will update if I have any luck.

cactikid
12-08-18, 11:09
What about removing sat cables and usb while box is powered off,Did you have your epg going to usb or internal flash ?
If box boots up check if you can see your menu if so worth looking at f connector for damage stray wire or water?

bellejt
12-08-18, 14:34
you can also format a large usb stick with small partition of 256 MB.

Willo3092
12-08-18, 15:24
I always use BootIce to prepare drives. There are some instructions and a download link here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w0hz1ejgqdbi6x9/Formatting%20Drives%20with%20BOOTICE.pdf?dl=0